Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
I just installed ResScan 5.1 (downloaded via the apneaboard link). When I try to run it I get the following pop-up error box:

(red X) PURE virtual function called

I click on OK and ResScan closes. Any suggestions (I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit)
(12-30-2014, 06:22 PM)tomd617 Wrote: I just installed ResScan 5.1 (downloaded via the apneaboard link). When I try to run it I get the following pop-up error box:

I click on OK and ResScan closes. Any suggestions (I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit)

No idea what the problem is, but I would uninstall it, re download the install file, and reinstall.

(12-30-2014, 06:34 PM)jcarerra Wrote:
(12-30-2014, 06:22 PM)tomd617 Wrote: I just installed ResScan 5.1 (downloaded via the apneaboard link). When I try to run it I get the following pop-up error box:

No idea what the problem is, but I would uninstall it, re download the install file, and reinstall.

Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled, deleted installation folder, downloaded again, installed, and get the same results. Guess it just doesn't like me. SleepyHead works fine.
well, at least you have the sleepyhead to use.

It bothers me though when things like this happen.
It SHOULD work, but in the world of computers....

Tom, try this:

Right-click the ResScan shortcut, select Properties, and on the "Compatibility" tab, select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility mode, then click OK. Then click on the ResScan shortcut again to start up the program.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Does Resmed support the Apple OS? Just curious if there are any plans to port it over. I have an S10 for women and I get an error in Sleepyhead when I import data. I am bummed because all I get to see is the dummed-down reports from the Resmed site.
(12-31-2014, 12:08 AM)Lbravo Wrote: Does Resmed support the Apple OS? Just curious if there are any plans to port it over.

Hi Lbravo, welcome to Apnea Board!

ResMed runs on only Windows, but we can run ResScan on a Mac if using a Windows virtual machine (such as Parallels).

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(12-30-2014, 07:54 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:

Tom, try this:

Right-click the ResScan shortcut, select Properties, and on the "Compatibility" tab, select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility mode, then click OK. Then click on the ResScan shortcut again to start up the program.

Coffee

That did the trick. Thanks!!!!
Quote:Tom, try this:

Coffee

Wow. I'm glad I saw this. My Outlook 2007 has been quitting right after starting up the program under Windows 8.1, so I tried this on the Outlook shortcut and presto all is good again! Thanks

Hi all
Just to give you feedback on the download procedure for ResScan 5.1:
It works brilliant - and I got it up running within 15 minutes.

Current version 5.1.0.8731.

Looking forward to be digging deeper into my data.
I've been using SleepHead so far, also with out issues.

Seeing data missing (yes, I've read the topics of this elsewhere in the board), I decided to give ResScan a go.

Happy sleeping out there.

Best regards
Lars

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,256 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 64 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 149 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 323 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 330 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 192 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 588 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.