Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
(01-04-2015, 03:10 PM)Torsmark55 Wrote: Hi all
Just to give you feedback on the download procedure for ResScan 5.1:
It works brilliant - and I got it up running within 15 minutes.

Current version 5.1.0.8731.

Looking forward to be digging deeper into my data.
I've been using SleepHead so far, also with out issues.

Seeing data missing (yes, I've read the topics of this elsewhere in the board), I decided to give ResScan a go.

Happy sleeping out there.

Best regards
Lars
Hi Lars, Welcome to Apnea Board

Here is some stuff, you may or may not come across
ResScan 3.12 - A Video Tutorial http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

S9 Data Management Guide http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

ResScan Report Interpretation Guide http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
Hello
Just wondering if ResScan is able to be used on a Mac. I previously understood that this was not possible.
I have tried to download data from Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her using SleepyHead software but have not been able to produce full data report. It only show a summary similar to the lcd screen on the device. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Any guidance here would be much appreciated.
(01-04-2015, 06:36 PM)not a good look Wrote: Hello
Just wondering if ResScan is able to be used on a Mac. I previously understood that this was not possible.
I have tried to download data from Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her using SleepyHead software but have not been able to produce full data report. It only show a summary similar to the lcd screen on the device. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Any guidance here would be much appreciated.
ResScan windows only. Someone else posted about the same problem with SH
You might want post your question in SH thread, you find it at the top of the page under "Important Threads"
(01-04-2015, 06:36 PM)not a good look Wrote: I have tried to download data from Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her using SleepyHead software but have not been able to produce full data report. It only show a summary similar to the lcd screen on the device. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hi not a good look,

If ResScan is running at all on your Mac, I suppose it must be running on a Windows Virtual Machine. I think this should work fine.

However, when downloading data from the SD card, in order to get the Detailed data for the first time, in the Download pop-up window you may need to click on the lower "Select" tab and set selections to download "All Data" as well as "Include equivalent amount of High Rate data", and check the box making these your default settings for future downloads as well.

Since you have already downloaded summary data from the SD card, ResScan will ask you whether it should Overwrite all previously-downloaded data, or "Discard" (meaning "ignore") data on the SD card for days previously downloaded.

Normally you would not ever want to select "Overwrite" when the ResScan detects duplicate data for days previously downloaded. But ONLY ONCE, it would be okay to select "Overwrite" and loose all previously-downloaded data.

But from then on, always select "Discard" to ignore data on the card for days already downloaded. (Whether you choose Overwrite or Discard, ResScan does not change or discard anything from the SD card.)

If you ever select "Overwrite" then all previously-downloaded detailed data will be erased from ResScan's records, and it will be replaced with only the small amount of Detailed Data which is still on the SD card. The SD card only retains the most recent 30 days of Detailed Data (sampled every second or two) and only the most recent 7 days of "High Rate" detailed data (for example, "Flow" data, sampled 20 times per second).

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Hello All...just got a new AirCurve 10 Vauto machine a few days ago and downloaded the latest ResScan 5.1 but obviously something is wrong with the download (I think). Error message states that I have uncompatible machine when I try to download. Read that the download should be 117 MB but when I download I only get 111MB. Has anyone seen this as well? Not sure where to go from here but really do need to get this working since my doctor wants to see me in a few weeks to check out the data from this new machine. Also, it appears that I'm missing a crws.exe file because I get a dialogue box when I launch ResScan.
The first step would be to re-download the program again, uninstall the current one and re-install. If that fails, then it gets tougher. Install using run as administrator.
Many thanks jcarerra. I'd removed and reinstalled this program twice prior to now and also tried running as administrator to no avail. However, this time it worked and I thank you very much. Do I have to open this program as administrator every time I launch it for it to work??
I have just downloaded and installed 5.1.0 and it works as it should when loaded into Windows 7 but I can not get it to work at all using XP Pro.

Now this is not a problem for me since I have both O/S working on my machine as dual-boot but I would be happy to hear of machines that only have XP and whether or not this software runs properly on it or not at all.

I do suspect that ResMed have decided that XP is no longer used and have abandoned it.

Many thanks to healthcareworker for the link, as ever much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Bob
Birmingham UK
Wink 
Just downloaded ResScan and used the system. I was able to understand the information and it is very user friendly. Thanks
(12-30-2014, 06:18 PM)tomd617 Wrote: I just installed ResScan 5.1 (downloaded via the apneaboard link). When I try to run it I get the following pop-up error box:

(red X) PURE virtual function called

I click on OK and ResScan closes. Any suggestions (I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit)

Please see the installation warning in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d=99#pid99

Specifically, it says, "During the first part of the software installation, it will ask you if you want to install their 3 proprietary drivers. DO NOT CHECK any of the 3 boxes for these drivers"

Not sure if this is what happened to you, but if you make a mistake and install any one of those 3 drivers during installation, you will never get ResScan to run at all in the future, no matter how many times you re-download, uninstall/reinstall. That's why that warning is in all red - I think maybe one person was able to get it running again after installing those drivers, and no one knows what they did to get it to work, as far as I know.

Not good news if that happened to you, of course.

Sad

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,256 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 62 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 149 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 322 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 330 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 192 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 588 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.