Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
The software doesn't recognise the SD card. I've tried it directly in the card slot on the computer and via a card reader, but there is no recognition

The card IS unlocked, but I'm at a bit of a loss...
(01-23-2015, 06:21 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 06:05 PM)RosaAlbaRegalis Wrote: Hi all, I've installed the ResScan software, but It won't extract the information from my SD card. Not sure why I can't get it to work. Has anybody had similar problems?

Thinking-about

You did follow the instructions and NOT install any of the options during its install?

No, I didn't check any of the three boxes.
Thumbsup 

The software is realy great. Now I can even make reports myself and also make a status of my illnes and what kind of medication I use. It's very simple.
Anyone seen version 5.2 yet?
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.2)
(01-24-2015, 11:31 AM)whitehme Wrote: Anyone seen version 5.2 yet?

ResScan Version 5.2 is now the current version being distributed by healthcareworker - see this thread for download info:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
(02-23-2012, 01:27 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Yes, any SD card will work, I think it needs to be at least as large as the one that comes with the machine, which is either 2 or 4 GB, if I'm not mistaken.

While it appears that any SD card will work, at their web site Resmed has some very strong language warning against using anything other than their card. They claim this has something to do with space constraints and approval of the device.

Right now I have little choice since the write protect tab fell off the Resmed and the local supplier has no cards except those that come in the machines. I am actually using a 4 gigabyte micro SD in an adaptor. It seems to work well at home but when I took it into my supplier their computer failed to read it.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
(01-24-2015, 04:09 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: While it appears that any SD card will work, at their web site Resmed has some very strong language warning against using anything other than their card

Well, ResMed wants to sell you a ResMed-branded SD card. They make more money that way. They make no money when you purchase an off-the-shelf memory card.

Quote: It seems to work well at home but when I took it into my supplier their computer failed to read it.

Also, your DME Supplier wants you to purchase a ResMed-branded SD card as well (from them), so they make money from you.

I think the "problem" that a DME would have in reading your card is that they can't make money when you purchase an SD card for $10 off the Internet. And, sometimes, patients purchase the wrong type of SD card (too high of a speed class perhaps). DMEs are notorious for telling outright lies to make more money (saying, "we can't read your card, you need a ResMed-brand card so we can read it"). If they were wanting to get you the best deal, they'd say "Go to Amazon and pay $10 for a 4 GB Class 2 SD card".

As long as it's the same speed class of SD card as the original that came with the machine, you should have no problem and neither should the DME - even the newer SD card readers are backwards-compatible with the slower, older lower-capacity SD cards (like the 4 GB SDHC FAT32 cards shipped with the CPAP machines, which I think are Class 2 cards). These cards are still available on Amazon for less than $10 usually.

From ResMed's own website (here) they indicate it's not a compatibility issue at all - but a "safety" issue - which in plain English means that ResMed only recommends cards that have been been "tested and validated to work with ResMed machines". In other words, only their cards have been tested to work with their machines, which conveniently gives them more revenue. Of course they don't mention that they haven't bothered to test any other non-ResMed SD cards. Oh-jeez

As our friend Archangle likes to say, "If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself".

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(01-24-2015, 04:21 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 04:09 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: While it appears that any SD card will work, at their web site Resmed has some very strong language warning against using anything other than their card

Well, ResMed wants to sell you a ResMed-branded SD card. They make more money that way. They make no money when you purchase an off-the-shelf memory card.

This is what I assumed, but my local supplier says they will replace the card at no cost. She is waiting for a supply of spare cards since if they only get cards with the machine they won't have spare cards to test with. Meanwhile I am using my own card.

Quote:
Quote: It seems to work well at home but when I took it into my supplier their computer failed to read it.

Also, your DME Supplier wants you to purchase a ResMed-branded SD card as well (from them), so they make money from you.

Well as I said they say they will replace it at no cost. Of course I paid an arm and a leg (or at least Blue Cross did) so they can presumably afford it.

The local supplier uses Resmed's clinicians software which is actually a web app that runs in a browser. She was able to get the data form Resmed's database directly anyway and didn't need the card.

Quote:From ResMed's own website (here) they indicate it's not a compatibility issue at all - but a "safety" issue - which in plain English means that ResMed only recommends cards that have been been "tested and validated to work with ResMed machines". In other words, only their cards have been tested to work with their machines, which conveniently gives them more revenue. Of course they don't mention that they haven't bothered to test any other non-ResMed SD cards.

That would be similar to my interpretation, but the point that users be aware of is that this language would probably give them an excuse to void any warranty if you used another card in the machine.

I am not lying awake worrying about the machine bursting into flame, but I just thought user should be aware of ResMed's position and make up their own minds.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Yep, makes sense.

(01-24-2015, 06:11 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Well as I said they say they will replace it at no cost. Of course I paid an arm and a leg (or at least Blue Cross did) so they can presumably afford it.

Brick-and-mortar DMEs survive from creating "billable" events - I can pretty much guarantee that they will bill Blue Cross for the cost of the replacement SD card, or do a charge-back to the ResMed supplier for the cost of a defective card. You might not have pay for it outright, but you can be sure that the DME will recover their costs; DMEs hardly ever suck it up and pay for defective products or replacement parts out of the goodness of their hearts. The individual RTs or clerks may seem understanding, but the business owners and managers instruct their billing departments to bill someone for every little thing that goes out of the doors. That's just the way they work. In the end, you do end up paying for everything, either directly or via your insurance premiums.

Dealing with insurance companies and Medicare is what makes brick-and-mortar DMEs more expensive. Online DMEs (like many on the forum Supplier List) don't have the added expense of having to deal with insurance companies directly; therefore their costs are much lower and you'll see CPAPs and supplies much cheaper than that which a "normal" DME charges.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.2)
What is sleepy Head? I have only used ResScan. Does sleepy Head work with the Autoset 10?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,254 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 62 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 146 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 320 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 327 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 189 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 586 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.