Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.3)
(03-09-2015, 05:49 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(03-09-2015, 04:55 PM)OldDog Wrote: I have a S9 AutoSet CPAP. I have downloaded the ResScan software and installed it using windows 8. I am running on a Apple MacBook Pro with Parallels software manager running Windows 8. The program seems to start just fine and I am able to set myself up as a patient. I have no problems running other software in Windows and can see the SD card through Windows Explorer but for some reason the ResScan software cannot find the ResMed disc when it is installed in the the SD port. I get the following message when I try to load the data from my ResMed SD card. 'Connect a flow generator or data card and try again'. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, OldDog

Welcome to the forum!
The first thing that comes to mind is during installation you selected an option. For ResScan to work, you can't select any options during the install. If you did that you will need to uninstall ResScan and reinstall it. . .without any options.

I hope this works for you.

Thanks for your reply:
I did the uninstall and then ran Cleaner to remove the two devices that were installed. I then reran the setup.exe file plain Jane version and did not check anything. I still get 'There are No devices available' and 'Connect a flow generator or data card and try again'.
I am not quite sure where to go from here. I'm pretty sure we do not contact ResMed.

I'm not sure if this is the write place to post this or not, but I have been downloading my data for several months now using the ResScan Software. As a result of daylight savings time, I was forced to use my machine with my date set as 3/8/2015 instead of 3/7/2015. Then I found out the only way to properly reset my clock on my device was to erase all the data. While that is okay, my Reporting Software now has no data for 3/7/2015. I have a copy of the .RLK file for that day which was downloaded. But have no idea how (if it's even possible) to import this file into my ResScan Software so that it will recognize my usage on 3/7/2015. Any Ideas? Thanks!
(03-09-2015, 10:10 PM)MGuyM Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the write place to post this or not, but I have been downloading my data for several months now using the ResScan Software. As a result of daylight savings time, I was forced to use my machine with my date set as 3/8/2015 instead of 3/7/2015. Then I found out the only way to properly reset my clock on my device was to erase all the data. While that is okay, my Reporting Software now has no data for 3/7/2015. I have a copy of the .RLK file for that day which was downloaded. But have no idea how (if it's even possible) to import this file into my ResScan Software so that it will recognize my usage on 3/7/2015. Any Ideas? Thanks!

Besides the filename using the date, the date is also embedded in the file. To the beast of my knowledge, there isn't anyway of changing its reporting date.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Greetings.

Is there any way to get the ResScan 5.3 software to read from the AirCurve/AirSense devices via the built-in wireless (CDMA) interface?

Thanks!
This space for rent.
@LanceC
From a technical standpoint I do not see that being possible. CDMA means the AirCurve/AirSense machine is making a cellular phone call to send the data.
So you would have to go into the machine and give it a number to call for you to receive the data, and then create a routine on your phone/pc to capture the data to be able to use it in the ResScan program.

IF they were to create a wifi system to transfer for that data transfer...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to thank you very much for making this download available. This is my 3rd go at trying to treat my sleep apnea. The machines several years ago were horrendous, and I failed miserably at being able to tolerate them.

A couple of months ago I began this 3rd attempt with the help of a sleep psychologist. She spoke to the sleep lab techs and they really worked with me for the mask fitting session that also included getting the initial settings on a bi-pap machine where I could breath with it.
I was amazed at the advancements in the machines since my last attempt, the resmed TX/s9 they used in the lab was very easy for me to breath with. And by going with nasal pillows it was very unobtrusive on my face. For the first time I became optimistic that I could get my sleep apnea treated!

Last week I had my bi-pap delivered. I got a resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto and it puts that lab machine to shame. I thought the lab machine was good, but his aircurve is fantastic at how easy I can breath with it.

I am getting real close to being able to use the aircurve for 4 hours at a time, which for me is a huge improvement over my previous experiences, and twice the time I was using the loaner machine from the sleep lab.

This resscan program is helping me by giving me the details where I can see what is going on when I am using the machine. This shows me clearly that while the machine has treated the OSA, it is now the central apneas we need to work on.

So, once again, thank you very much for helping me get access to the program where I can see the details.

Jim.

quick question.
In the detailed graphs for the events. I am assuming the height of the bar and the number a the top of the bar represents the duration of the apnea?
(03-18-2015, 12:45 PM)estgad Wrote: quick question.
In the detailed graphs for the events. I am assuming the height of the bar and the number a the top of the bar represents the duration of the apnea?

You are correct! The number represents the number of seconds the event lasted.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks sgearhart
(03-18-2015, 12:39 PM)estgad Wrote: @LanceC
From a technical standpoint I do not see that being possible. CDMA means the AirCurve/AirSense machine is making a cellular phone call to send the data.
So you would have to go into the machine and give it a number to call for you to receive the data, and then create a routine on your phone/pc to capture the data to be able to use it in the ResScan program.

IF they were to create a wifi system to transfer for that data transfer...........
I probably phrased it poorly. The data goes to ResMed now, to update the patient access portal available as MyAir. I assume they get all the data though, not just the basic info they present there.

The mechanism I imagined was ResScan retrieving the patient information directly from ResMed.

(03-18-2015, 12:45 PM)estgad Wrote: quick question.

How do you enable the detailed graphs?

All I get is Summary Data.
This space for rent.
Next to the serial number at the top of the page there is a little icon. Click on it and then select the detail tab and ensure that all of the items are checked. Hopefully that will do it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.