Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16-SP1)
Many people use two cards. One for themselves and another for the doc. You could test the water and print out a summary report for him/her.

Even if they know you are viewing the data, it should not matter. Viewing it is not illegal. Neither is changing the pressure but it can send some docs off the deep end.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(05-19-2012, 03:57 PM)Deadwood777 Wrote: Will my clinician know if I have been removing the SD card and using this software? I surely don't want to tick him off, but I'm an intelligent person and think I can handle viewing this "top-secret" data. . .

Howdy, Deadwood777 - welcome to Apnea Board!

Just remember, your clinician works for you, not the other way around. You are paying the bills (either through insurance payments, Medicare payments or directly), so that makes YOU the boss.

If you're relatively new to CPAP, I'd stick around and read through everything you can in the forum here over the course of a week or two. Get a copy of the Clinician Manual for your machine HERE. Read and study that manual. Download ResScan, start using it and read the manual that comes with that software also. Read HERE on how to scientifically adjust your pressure to obtain the minimum AHI levels. If you have questions, post here in the forum.

Do that in earnest for a few weeks and you'll probably be more knowledgeable concerning your own CPAP machine and the ResScan software than the majority of clinicians.

Then go into their office at your next appointment and dazzle the clinician with printed out charts and graphs from ResScan, and start talking about AHI levels, leak rates, flow rates etc. and how you've been able to minimize your AHI levels by scientifically adjusting pressure levels slowly over time....

One of two things will happen:

1. They go nuts, saying "I'm the professional here, not you! Don't be changing the pressures!" (in which case you find another clinician because they have an ego the size of Texas that will interfere with proper treatment [because they will never admit any mistakes nor correct them]).

or

They tell you you're doing a great job taking an active role in your own therapy and that they wish all their patients were like you. (in this case, stay with them because they understand how medical treatment is supposed to work).

Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I'm having trouble with the Resmed software - could someone help me please.
I live in Australia, have an S8Autoset Spirit with H3i.
I downloaded the international software version,
Purchased a Resmed smart card, smart card reader and also a USB adapter - $270 all up
Installed the resmed software, did not install the drivers as instructed.
When i run the program i get an error message -
intf != 0 @
C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\..\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868
Press [Y]es to terminate, [N]o to continue and [C]ancel to Debug

Have tried all 3 answers- response is the same - closes the error dialog box and opens programs main page so i can select either:New/Open patient, Download data, Report etc
It will let me create a patient but then when i connect either the data card with the reader or the USB adapter it does not detect it, so I cant download any of my data.
Any ideas please??
(05-21-2012, 07:30 PM)lyndallmaree Wrote: I'm having trouble with the Resmed software - could someone help me please.
I live in Australia, have an S8Autoset Spirit with H3i.
I downloaded the international software version,
Purchased a Resmed smart card, smart card reader and also a USB adapter - $270 all up
Installed the resmed software, did not install the drivers as instructed.
When i run the program i get an error message -
intf != 0 @
C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\..\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868
Press [Y]es to terminate, [N]o to continue and [C]ancel to Debug

Have tried all 3 answers- response is the same - closes the error dialog box and opens programs main page so i can select either:New/Open patient, Download data, Report etc
It will let me create a patient but then when i connect either the data card with the reader or the USB adapter it does not detect it, so I cant download any of my data.
Any ideas please??

Can't see why you'd get that error - that's something thrown by the old Borland C (or C++) compiler. The sort of error you'd get if you were trying to compile code into an executable program. You aren't compiling anything with the ResMed program... have you ever had a Borland C compiler on the machine?
We've had other members with this same issue.

This may be due to a corrupted download install file. I would completely un-install ResScan, delete the ResScan directory completely, get rid of the old install file, then re-boot your computer, re-download the ResScan install file during a non-busy time on your local ISPs network (usually after 11 pm at night or before 7 am in the morning).

Hasn't worked for everyone but for some it has. Also, don't download version 4 - stick with version 3.16-SP1, as ver 4 may still be in beta testing. Check the file size after downloading - it should be around 95.3 megabytes in size.

Also, download the non-International version and see if that helps.

Other that the above, I have no clue.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Hello,

I'm trying to get ResScan version 3.16-SP1 working on a typical Windows 7 desktop PC.

I can start the install program and ResScan brings up a few logos/graphics. I can see it unpacking two .msi (microsoft installer images), and then something is run (there's a brief flashing of a window on the screen, almost like a file is being unzipped).

The software then brings up a window and asks what language I would like to use. At the same time, Windows starts a shutdown of the computer (a shutdown reboot actually, not a shutdown turnoff).

I've tried 4 or 5 times to run the ResScan software and this happens each time. I've also tried to run it in Windows XP compatibility mode with the same issue.

I was curious if anyone else has seen this and if so what they have done to get by it.

Thank you,
Neil
Hi Neil, welcome to Apnea Board!

A few possibilities: You don't have the recommended system requirements for ResScan, or you have a virus, or you have a corrupted install file.

ResScan can use some memory - make sure you have the recommended minimum requirements. If your RAM or processor speed isn't sufficient, RAM memory errors could cause a shutdown. You can find the system requirements in the ResScan PDF manual (link comes with the email that is sent by Healthcareworker).

There are also some computer viruses that cause Windows to shut down. If you haven't done so, I'd get some decent anti-virus software and do a full scan of your PC to check for one or more viruses.

If it's not a virus or system resources issue, my guess is that you might have a corrupted ResScan installation file. The ResScan 3.16-SP1 installation file should be 95.3 MB in size. If it's not exactly that size, it's likely corrupted. But even if it is that size, it could still be corrupted.

To prevent corruptions on large files, it's best to download the install file during a non-busy time period for your local ISP (Internet Service Provider), for instance after 11 pm at night but before 7 am in the morning. Too much local web traffic can cause file corruptions on huge file downloads like ResScan.

Before downloading it again, I would completely delete your old ResScan install file, and any ResScan directories the initial installation created. Then re-download, check to make sure the file size is 95.3 MB, and then re-install ResScan. Make sure you DO NOT install the 3 proprietary drivers during the installation (they will make ResScan unusable).

Let us know how it turns out.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

I am getting an error message when trying to install the SW (ver 3.16).

It says,
Error 1606 could not access network location ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Examples.
(06-04-2012, 10:06 AM)LS3 Wrote: I am getting an error message when trying to install the SW (ver 3.16).

It says,

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to get ResScan 3.16 to install on my PC?
(06-04-2012, 05:11 PM)LS3 Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 10:06 AM)LS3 Wrote: I am getting an error message when trying to install the SW (ver 3.16).

It says,

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to get ResScan 3.16 to install on my PC?

I'd uninstall, re-download the install program, and re-install. Did you install the drivers when it asked you to do that? Don't install those drivers. If you do, you will never get ResScan to work on your system.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 90 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.