Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.3)
(03-18-2015, 11:01 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Next to the serial number at the top of the page there is a little icon. Click on it and then select the detail tab and ensure that all of the items are checked. Hopefully that will do it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I'm sorry. In the top of what page?
This space for rent.
(03-18-2015, 11:18 PM)LanceC Wrote:
(03-18-2015, 11:01 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Next to the serial number at the top of the page there is a little icon. Click on it and then select the detail tab and ensure that all of the items are checked. Hopefully that will do it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I'm sorry. In the top of what page?

If you go to the Summary Graphs page and look under the Detailed Graphs tab, you will see the serial number of your machine and after that is a small icon. That's the one.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(03-19-2015, 09:25 AM)PaytonA Wrote: If you go to the Summary Graphs page and look under the Detailed Graphs tab, you will see the serial number of your machine and after that is a small icon. That's the one.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Ah, okay, THERE it is. Thanks!

Um, but, there are no checkboxes?
[attachment=1365]
This space for rent.
(03-18-2015, 05:44 PM)LanceC Wrote:
(03-18-2015, 12:39 PM)estgad Wrote: @LanceC
From a technical standpoint I do not see that being possible. CDMA means the AirCurve/AirSense machine is making a cellular phone call to send the data.
So you would have to go into the machine and give it a number to call for you to receive the data, and then create a routine on your phone/pc to capture the data to be able to use it in the ResScan program.

IF they were to create a wifi system to transfer for that data transfer...........
I probably phrased it poorly. The data goes to ResMed now, to update the patient access portal available as MyAir. I assume they get all the data though, not just the basic info they present there.

The mechanism I imagined was ResScan retrieving the patient information directly from ResMed.

I haven't heard how the professional version of AirView which is used by medical professionals can be obtained, but it (like ResScan also) is intended for use by medical professionals only and is not available for sale to CPAP users. These programs can be used to change the therapy settings, and if users were able to do THAT they might conceivably hurt themselves, and I think no company can afford to expose itself to possible liability for users possibly misadjusting the settings.

ResMed AirView is used for remote monitoring and control, over the cellular modem. The modem sends the settings and statistical summaries of the data, plus a VERY ABBREVIATED portion of the full detailed data which is stored by the machine on the SD memory card.

The modem sends to ResMed servers a sample of most types of the detailed data at a rate of one sample per minute but does not send "Flow" data at all, so the professional version of AirView used by doctors can read the data stored on ResMed servers and display Detailed Data but only one data point per minute (can't zoom in to see fine detail), and no Flow data. On the SD card is stored detailed data sampled once every two seconds plus "High Rate" Flow data sampled twenty times per second.

ResScan and SleepyHead are more comprehensive than AirView. These read data from the SD card and display the settings and statistical summaries and also display the detailed data (plots of pressure and Leak and and much more) sampled every two seconds all night, plus Flow data, allowing us to zoom in and see the data plotted on a fine timescale.

The Detailed Data is needed to see when during the night the various events occur, the sequence of events, to clearly see what's really going on and to troubleshoot problems.

The Flow data is needed to be able to visually double check whether the reported events (such as apneas) are being reported accurately. For example, sometimes quickly varying Leak can fool the machine into falsely reporting Apneas which did not actually occur.

It good for Doctors using AirView to view patient data stored on ResMed servers, to keep informed of patient progress remotely. But sometimes the doctor should also be downloading data directly from the SD card.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Vaughn,

Thank you for that detailed explanation. I appreciate you taking the time to share that.

LanceC
This space for rent.
(03-19-2015, 09:29 AM)LanceC Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 09:25 AM)PaytonA Wrote: If you go to the Summary Graphs page and look under the Detailed Graphs tab, you will see the serial number of your machine and after that is a small icon. That's the one.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Ah, okay, THERE it is. Thanks!

Um, but, there are no checkboxes?

You need to go to the following link: Downloading data to Rescan and Select " All Data" if you have not done so already. Then download your data and you should get everything.

I am sorry. I misremembered your original post and thought you had Summary Graphs already but not the detailed graphs.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
I got it, thanks. I did have summary graphs to start with. I had selected "All Data" on the dl screen but I found another places it needed to be selected as well. It's all good now.
This space for rent.
Good deal. Now the deal with that is that once you have mastered downloading the data you will find a number of other questions and that is good. That is one of the reasons that this board is here and the people on it are helpful. Have fun and sleep well.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Once you start getting the detailed data, ALWAYS select DISCARD when asked. If you do not, the download process will overwrite days in Resscan that HAVE the detailed data with files that do not have it.

The SD card/machine only keeps the last five days of detailed data on the card. So, if you overwrite, you will only have the detailed data in your computer for five days.
(03-19-2015, 06:31 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Once you start getting the detailed data, ALWAYS select DISCARD when asked. If you do not, the download process will overwrite days in Resscan that HAVE the detailed data with files that do not have it.

The SD card/machine only keeps the last five days of detailed data on the card. So, if you overwrite, you will only have the detailed data in your computer for five days.

Thank you! Good to know. Today was the first time I got the detailed data so I will be sure to discard going forward.
This space for rent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 88 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 428 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.