Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.3)
(03-29-2015, 04:26 PM)LanceC Wrote: My wife just got the Airsense 10 CPAP and it provides full, detailed data. The folders with dates should have files in them.

Hi LanceC,

The clinician guide (set-up manual) for the AirSense 10 models indicates that, unlike the AirSense 10 Elite model and the AirSense 10 auto adjusting models, the base "AirSense 10 CPAP" model does NOT report the breakdown of Obstructive Apneas versus Central Apneas.

The clinician guide does not indicate how much detailed data (if any) is reported by the "AirSense 10 CPAP" model, but if your wife's model reports full detailed data (waveform data) then I think it might not be the base "AirSense 10 CPAP" model.

If your wife's machine is labeled "AirSense 10 CPAP" on the lower right hand side of its front, and if it reports waveforms which show the Flow for every breath during the night and the Leak rate varying throughout the night, and which show when during each night each event (such as an apnea or hypopnea) occurred, etc., then that would be very good news to me, because I do not think these things are reported. In addition to nightly usage, I think maybe nightly AHI is reported.

There are four models of AirSense 10 machines. I suppose all may be spoken of as being AirSense 10 CPAP models, because they all provide CPAP therapy, but the base model is labeled on the front lower right as the "AirSense 10 CPAP" model. The other models are labeled "AirSense 10 Elite" or "AirSense 10 AutoSet" or whatever, and they report detailed data even when operating in CPAP therapy mode, including the breakdown of Central type apneas versus Obstructive type apneas.

As far as I know, only the AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her model reports RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousal) events. RERA events are arousals from sleep caused by the effort of breathing during a partial restriction of the airway, but the reduction in airflow was not at least 40% or 50%, so the arousal could not be scored as an hypopnea.

Thanks,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(03-29-2015, 05:31 PM)vsheline Wrote: Unlike the AirSense 10 Elite model and the AirSense 10 auto adjusting models, the "AirSense 10 CPAP" model does NOT report the breakdown of Obstructive Apneas versus Central Apneas.

Hi vsheline. Given your confirmation, I'll be checking with the sleep study Dr. to see if I can return my AS 10 cpap for replacement with a machine that does provide full detail. From the info I can glean, I would guess that would probably be the elite or the AutoSet (I have complex SA). As a long time user (judging from your forum join date), is there a machine you recommend over another from a data/patient participation viewpoint?
Speaking for the AirSense line, the Elite seems to be the same as the cpap model, but provides detailed data. I have read about machines that actually allow patient accessible pressure adjustment, although some might consider that ill advised.

I would like as much ability to responsibly participate and control my therapy as is possible so as to benefit the most from my therapy (which I have yet to fully embrace). Any recommendations for machines that I can bring up when speaking to the sleep Dr. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(03-29-2015, 06:20 PM)slumberdog Wrote: I'll be checking with the sleep study Dr. to see if I can return my AS 10 cpap for replacement with a machine that does provide full detail. From the info I can glean, I would guess that would probably be the elite or the AutoSet (I have complex SA). As a long time user (judging from your forum join date), is there a machine you recommend over another from a data/patient participation viewpoint?
I would like as much ability to responsibly participate and control my therapy as is possible so as to benefit the most from my therapy (which I have yet to fully embrace). Any recommendations for machines that I can bring up when speaking to the sleep Dr. would be greatly appreciated.

Hi slumberdog,

Please start a new thread for comments and recommendations for your therapy and machine choices, and please provide a link to it from this thread, which is for discussing ResScan issues.

Or if you have already started a thread for this, please point us to it.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

ADDED:

I would like to know more about why it is that you know or suspect that you have mixed obstructive apneas plus central apneas, but we probably should start a new thread to discuss this.

To start a new thread is easy. You can go to the Main Apnea Board Forum, and near the top right of the list of threads will be a "New Thread" button to click on.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Hi,
i'm Andreas from Germany and have a ResMed S9 Elite since 5 weeks now.
I asked here for a download link for ResScan, because I want to check my data, as explained with a mail. But on 3 Mails i got no response.
Anything wrong with the mail autorespond? Or anything else wrong?

regards
Andreas
I may have misled you. She has the AirSense 10 AutoSet which is different from the AirSense 10 CPAP.

I freely admit not knowing what I'm talking about.

My apologies.
This space for rent.
(04-02-2015, 12:42 PM)LanceC Wrote: I may have misled you. She has the AirSense 10 AutoSet which is different from the AirSense 10 CPAP.

I freely admit not knowing what I'm talking about.

My apologies.

No problem at all. Thanks for your help. Smile.

(04-02-2015, 12:38 PM)andreas2212 Wrote: Hi,
i'm Andreas from Germany and have a ResMed S9 Elite since 5 weeks now.
I asked here for a download link for ResScan, because I want to check my data, as explained with a mail. But on 3 Mails i got no response.
Anything wrong with the mail autorespond? Or anything else wrong?

regards
Andreas

Maybe you already have, but since you don't mention it, the immediate thought is that you may need to check your junkmail folder and filter.

(03-29-2015, 07:03 PM)vsheline Wrote: ADDED:

I would like to know more about why it is that you know or suspect that you have mixed obstructive apneas plus central apneas, but we probably should start a new thread to discuss this.

Hi vsheline. Thanks for your comments. I did indeed start another thread, in which my first post answers the question (short answer, the sleep study diagnosis is CA):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid107043

CAN THE LINK BE POSTED HERE?
NO, IT CAN'T.

Please read the first post in this thread.
This space for rent.
I downloaded the software, and then extracted the files, and then nothing happens. It doesn't install. It also disabled my browser, Mozilla/Foxfire. Can one of you help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.