Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16)
You can also take a look at the ResScan guide download and this video from cpap library.

[edit by Admin: this site is now a DME - (go to Supplier #25 in the Supplier List)]
Hello Again

Happy to report that my software loading issue is resolved. Have both the ResSCan 3.16 and Sleeyhead up and running and data loaded. FYI, the issue involved some kind of conflict with my NVidia display software that allows the use of two monitors at once. After many hours (at least 8) studying the Event Viewer logs and playing around with Services under Admin Tools in Control Panel and my firewall, and searching the web for solutions to the error messages I was finally able to isolate the problem and fix it by shutting the NVidia software off. The error in the Event Viewer was "nview_info" in case you come across this again. So thanks for your help. Now I have ordered the manual so I can learn about what the software is reporting etc. I will post my observations in the correct thread. So far so good with the machine and mask. Thanks again, glad I finally am able to see the data.
Sounds good, Den... thanks for the update... that will help others who may have the same issues. Also, thanks for posting your story in the "Your Personal CPAP Success" thread!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Many thanks for typing out a step-by-step for me, b360155; most appreciated! And you were correct about the primary stumbling block I had been facing of not knowing how to set a range of dates for collecting data to review or to prepare a report. Thanks for the link to the tutorial, Zonk. I just watched it (doesn't that narrator have a monotone voice), and I see that I had figured out much of how the program works before viewing it.
Now, I should be ready to print out a report to take to the doc, that is after deciding what to include and exclude so I won't have a two-inch-thick report to print and deliver.
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
(02-23-2012, 01:43 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
jaybo,(time=1289590338) Wrote:I don't see how ResMed's card readers can possibly be proprietary. All a card reader does is read cards Smile Since the S9 card is a standard SD card it's readable by any device that will accept that type of card, including the built-in card reader on my PC. Just about daily I remove the card from my S9 and plug it into the SD slot, start ResScan 3.12, and see what's happening with my OSA.
Hi jaybo -

I'm not talking about the SD card readers - you can use any generic card reader for that, I bought mine for less than $15.

I'm talking about the SmartCard readers for older Resmed units, like the one Kitty was asking about (ResMed VPAP Auto 25) - from everything I've heard the generic ACR38 readers that are compatible with ResMed smartcards are no longer available for sale new, at least not in the U.S. There may be some for sale in Australia, or used ones on eBay, however.

From what I've researched, the ResMed smartcards are the same technology, but a different size and shape, and can't be read by anything other than a ResMed brand reader (available now for about $80) or a generic ACR38 card reader (which are no longer available in the U.S.).

SuperSleeper,
I have been on here for about 1 year but this is my first post. I am interested in seeing more of my data and keeping it on my PC.
I have several questions you may be able to answer.

I usually get up in the morning and look at my stats and refill my water chamber. I have an S8 Elite II and am currently showing on the 6 month view an AHI of 2.1 an AI of 0 but have a pretty consistent leak of 0.68 to 0.74 L/S. I use nose pillows and need to know if the leak is including the venting the nose pillow mask has built in. If not should I be concerned of a leak this size. I turned my subscribed pressure of 10 down to nine in 0.2 increments when I went from a Mirage Micro mask to the nose pillows to help keep my mouth from blowing open during sleep. This seemed to work as my wife no longer thinks she is sleeping with Darth Vader.
I also need to know if any ACR38 reader will work for the S8 data cards. My book says ACR38 "U" There are readers available on e bay out of HK for under $38 but they ACR38IPC $26 and ACR38SPC $28 and ACR38uHi $38.
I must say I have asked many questions of my doctor after the first year of CPAP and got no answers that were usable. Until I downloaded the clinician manual I did not know you could lower exhale pressures or adjust the timing on return pressure. They didn't even tell me about auto start and shut off. All of these "simple" features would have been nice to have had from the beginning. It seems like once I complied they were through with me. They did not even look at my stats on my annual visit last year. I have only missed a single night of use since I brought it home and it was due to a power outage.
I am seriously considering finding a new Dr. before my April appointment but am concerned I will be dismissed from the practice if they find out I changed my settings. Dismissal can make it difficult to be seen by other Dr's who may be affiliated with mine.
Any help from you or other members is appreciated. I live in Chesapeake VA and see Dr Sha.
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
(03-04-2012, 03:23 PM)Likababy Wrote: SuperSleeper,
I usually get up in the morning and look at my stats and refill my water chamber. I have an S8 Elite II and am currently showing on the 6 month view an AHI of 2.1 an AI of 0 but have a pretty consistent leak of 0.68 to 0.74 L/S. I use nose pillows and need to know if the leak is including the venting the nose pillow mask has built in. If not should I be concerned of a leak this size.

Hi Likababy... Welcome

How old is the mask? As mask rubber ages, it's going to be less flexible and more prone to leaks. 6 months is about the lifespan of most masks... they're still usable after that, but are more and more prone to leaks. CPAP masks are actually designed to leak (but through the exhalation ports (tiny holes). If you look at your CPAP mask user guide, it should tell you what is an acceptable leak rate for your mask; each one is different.

Quote: I also need to know if any ACR38 reader will work for the S8 data cards. My book says ACR38 "U" There are readers available on e bay out of HK for under $38 but they ACR38IPC $26 and ACR38SPC $28 and ACR38uHi $38.

I don't think so, you'll need one that is designed for use with that particular card's technical specs and form-factor. The only place I know of where you can get those cards is a place in Australia... it's Supplier #5 on our CPAP Supplier List. Go to that website and search for "ResScan Data Card" and you can purchase the cards and readers from them... but again, not cheap at around $120 Australian dollars (about $112 US right now)... plus shipping to the U.S.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Thanx! It works fine. I installed it on Windows 7 on my Mac. My SD card reader worked also. Today I send my graphs to my doctor. I hope he can find the answers. I'm not a standard case, it seems. Ik takes for 10 years now. For 7 years my BiPAP worked for me, but now not anymore. Ik wake up in tachycardia wich goes on in a bradycardia and faint. I hope they find the answers. I'm a doctor myself, but for me it's also a mystery.
Hopefully they soon come with ResScan for OSX. Will the oximetry module also be shown?
Greetings from the Netherlands!
Thanks
(03-06-2012, 01:51 PM)DrJePe Wrote: Hopefully they soon come with ResScan for OSX. Will the oximetry module also be shown?
Thanks

Hi Doc, welcome to the forum! If you like, you can always try the open-source SleepyHead software as well; I believe they have a Mac version. Read about that HERE.

Sleep-well
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(03-06-2012, 01:51 PM)DrJePe Wrote: Hopefully they soon come with ResScan for OSX. Will the oximetry module also be shown?
Thanks

If you are talking about the Oximetry Module manufactured by ResMed, that data does show up in the ResScan data.

See [edit by Admin: this site is now a DME - (go to Supplier #25 in the Supplier List)]
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
(03-04-2012, 04:01 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 03:23 PM)Likababy Wrote: SuperSleeper,
I usually get up in the morning and look at my stats and refill my water chamber. I have an S8 Elite II and am currently showing on the 6 month view an AHI of 2.1 an AI of 0 but have a pretty consistent leak of 0.68 to 0.74 L/S. I use nose pillows and need to know if the leak is including the venting the nose pillow mask has built in. If not should I be concerned of a leak this size.

Quote:Hi Likababy... Welcome

How old is the mask? As mask rubber ages, it's going to be less flexible and more prone to leaks. 6 months is about the lifespan of most masks... they're still usable after that, but are more and more prone to leaks. CPAP masks are actually designed to leak (but through the exhalation ports (tiny holes). If you look at your CPAP mask user guide, it should tell you what is an acceptable leak rate for your mask; each one is different.

Thank You for replying
I use an FX pillow mask and change the pillows every 4 weeks. I hate throwing them out as they are still very pliable but my insurance covers 100% to follow manufacturers change intervals. I do not get leaking around my nostrils while I am awake (really don't know what is going on when sleeping). My DME supplier did not send me a user guide with the new mask. Imagine that. But I just googled it and found the guide says the mask will vent 31 L/min. If I am reading this right I calculate this to 0.52 L/sec. This would mean a leak of 0.16 L/sec or 9.6 L/min at a 0.68 L/sec result from the S8 data. Is 9.6 L/min high for a leak?
In my original question I was reffering to the data returned by the S8. If I enter the mask type into the S8 does it subtract the manuals stated leak rate or does it show me combined vent+leak rate.
Guide also gives a very vague "Due to manufacturing variations vent flow may vary" statement. Can't do much with that statement except doubt any data I get. I can use it as a bench mark and look at the variations.

Quote: I also need to know if any ACR38 reader will work for the S8 data cards. My book says ACR38 "U" There are readers available on e bay out of HK for under $38 but they ACR38IPC $26 and ACR38SPC $28 and ACR38uHi $38.

I don't think so, you'll need one that is designed for use with that particular card's technical specs and form-factor. The only place I know of where you can get those cards is a place in Australia... it's Supplier #5 on our CPAP. Go to that website and search for "ResScan Data Card" and you can purchase the cards and readers from them... but again, not cheap at around $120 Australian dollars (about $112 US right now)... plus shipping to the U.S.

This is a little more than I want to spend right now. I will try to discuss with my Dr's office about what data they will return to me by mail if I send them the card on a regular schedule. Do you know if the card will hold 1 year of data?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.