Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.1)
Let me see if I can explain my problem without confusing anyone or myself.

I went to bed at 2:31am on Dec 19th and woke up at 12:29pm.

SleepyHead translated that to be the 18th and considered it 2 sessions, one from 2:31 until noon, then the next from noon to 12:29. No issues, data is fine. The date confusion is normal and I've gotten used to it. I rarely go to bed the same day I got up. (it's a big family joke, actually)

ResScan, however, says I slept from 2:31 to noon on the 18th and then put those 29 minutes onto the 19th.

But now, when I want to download the data from last night, it wants to overwrite the data for the 19th. If I discard it, I get no data for last night. If I select overwrite, it will overwrite all those other days still on the card.

I don't like ResScan and find it very confusing. This may be the final nail on it's proverbial coffin for me.

Is there a way to trick it into just replacing that one session so I can import the correct data? I considered going into the profile and deleting what it has saved for those 29 minutes but didn't want to mess anything up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(12-20-2012, 02:46 PM)A KLERK Wrote: Happy Holydays to all of you from the Netherlands!
same to you ... Welcome

now you need this guide to interpret Resscan
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

(12-20-2012, 02:46 PM)A KLERK Wrote: ...Later I installed 4.1 and did not notice any difference!

I installed 4.1 over 3.16 and did not notice any functional difference. Only sometimes it it's working a little bit quicker, f.e. at quitting the program.

I use it under good old Win XP as a Virtual Mashine on Mac OS 10.6.8. I am very glad to use this software, because I am able to optimize the parameter. It works very good - on this way I changed my AHI from 9,6 to 2,8. To set the controls at home is very much better than in the clinic! Thank's to those, who make this possible. My life is thereby much better.
I'll have to do with my old S8 for a few more years, I am afraid... Just received that when the S9 came out.
Tree-Spirit, what parameter(s) did you change to optimize?
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Paula,

Resmed considers the "day" to be from noon to noon. Works for most of us. When you "over write" on the download, it's just saying that there is already data there for that day, the 29 minutes will still be there, along with the new data from that "night." It will look really weird on the usage graphs. You're not going to lose anything.

Now, if you do lose your data, I'll have to leave the country and I promise to feel bad. Hope this helps.
(12-20-2012, 03:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: SleepyHead translated that to be the 18th and considered it 2 sessions, one from 2:31 until noon, then the next from noon to 12:29. No issues, data is fine. The date confusion is normal and I've gotten used to it. I rarely go to bed the same day I got up. (it's a big family joke, actually)

Paula, SleepyHead will go one better and combine the entire session, go to Preferences and set the "Combine Close Sessions" to a higher number of minutes, I set mine to the max of 240 minutes since I don't take naps and I want the entire session to display as one session since I sometimes sleep past 12:00 too.

(12-20-2012, 03:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ResScan, however, says I slept from 2:31 to noon on the 18th and then put those 29 minutes onto the 19th.

One option, to remove the 29 minutes you can right-click on the orange bar in the Data Tree on the left for one particular day and select "Delete Session" and now it won't use that data to affect your subsequent data that day when you download your new data for that day.

(12-20-2012, 03:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: But now, when I want to download the data from last night, it wants to overwrite the data for the 19th. If I discard it, I get no data for last night. If I select overwrite, it will overwrite all those other days still on the card.

Like JD said, select "Overwrite" when importing new data and you'll have both the 29 minute session AND the later session for that day. It is overwriting with the same exact data plus the new data.

If you use my first option and delete the 29 minutes of data you don't want to use overwrite since it will add the 29 minutes back.

(12-20-2012, 03:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I don't like ResScan and find it very confusing. This may be the final nail on it's proverbial coffin for me.

Like I've previously stated in other posts, ResScan IS a "kludge" program and SleepyHead is much more user-friendly AND intuitive, it does need a few tweaks here and there but for a patient monitoring their own therapy, SleepyHead is much better than ResScan.

ResScan does a much better job of maintaining hundred's of patient's data and we all know most DME's are only concerned with compliance data and AHI, something ResScan is well suited for. It's a royal pain trying to zoom-in to see your flow graph or any other graph, SleepyHead is as easy as a mouse-click.

(12-20-2012, 03:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Is there a way to trick it into just replacing that one session so I can import the correct data? I considered going into the profile and deleting what it has saved for those 29 minutes but didn't want to mess anything up.

Asked and answered! Too-funny

Ren

(12-20-2012, 07:57 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: It's a royal pain trying to zoom-in to see your flow graph or any other graph, SleepyHead is as easy as a mouse-click.
no pain no gain Too-funny
yep you can zoom ... see Resscan tutorial video and guide

http://www.apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

(12-20-2012, 03:19 PM)zonk Wrote: now you need this guide to interpret Resscan

Oh yeah something else I have to print out. Thanks for reminding me.
I'm excited that I'll finally get an AutoSet. I have to wait for the new year but it's finally happening. Got the prescription here. Well, they have a copy of my prescription but let me keep the original.
I never printed this out because, hey, I've got a "brick" but it's going to be traded up. Finally.
(12-20-2012, 10:06 PM)Ugly Wrote: I'm excited that I'll finally get an AutoSet. I have to wait for the new year but it's finally happening.

Congratulations Ugly! Coffee

It's been a long time coming!
(12-20-2012, 07:57 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: Like I've previously stated in other posts, ResScan IS a "kludge" program and SleepyHead is much more user-friendly AND intuitive, it does need a few tweaks here and there but for a patient monitoring their own therapy, SleepyHead is much better than ResScan.

ResScan does a much better job of maintaining hundred's of patient's data and we all know most DME's are only concerned with compliance data and AHI, something ResScan is well suited for. It's a royal pain trying to zoom-in to see your flow graph or any other graph, SleepyHead is as easy as a mouse-click.

I don't use ResScan because I don't have a ResMed machine.
I use EncoreBasic because I have a Respironics machine.

My preference by far is for SleepyHead.

I find that everything you said in your comparison of ResScan to SleepyHead is exactly the same as my comparison of EncoreBasic to SleepyHead.

And the other flavors of Encore are almost exactly the same. Only DME's would find them of any use.

SleepyHead rules! Please consider supporting the author.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.