Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
With WinXP you're good to go.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi, I've sent several emails to try and get this software but it doesn't seem to be working, is there another way to get it?

thx

Ok, I have question that I'm asking for my wife. We have been using ResScan to look at the data from her S9 Elite and have no problems, but she was not sure how to interpret some of the data. So she took the card in to have it read. The respiratory therapist made one change to the EPR setting. When my wife put the SD card back in, it said "reading SD card" and then "settings have been updated". But now when we read the card, there is "no detail data available". And yes, we are selecting the correct data to download. So did the update to the settings wipe out the detail data? We even put a new SD card in and all we get is the summary data.

Note:When I did a search for "no detail data available" there was a post that said the sleep quality stetting should be set to on. I don't know what it was set to prior to her taking the card in, but it was set to "usage". We changed it to on, but still have no detail data. Now this all happened today, so I don't know what it will show if anything tomorrow. Any ideas? Thanks.
Texas Mark,

I just started using ResScan yesterday but the data that I imported last night is still there today in the program. It looks like ResScan keeps a copy of the imported data with the patient file. When your wife launches ResScan and loads her profile (with the "Open Patient" button) does it load your previous data?
(06-26-2013, 08:10 PM)Paptillian Wrote: Texas Mark,

I just started using ResScan yesterday but the data that I imported last night is still there today in the program. It looks like ResScan keeps a copy of the imported data with the patient file. When your wife launches ResScan and loads her profile (with the "Open Patient" button) does it load your previous data?

We have not been saving the data. Just re-downloading all of it every day.

But I did find another post that says the detail data is ONLY written to to card (not internal memory). So I have a feeling that whoever was reading the card when she took it in, somehow deleted it from the card. That would explain why putting in a new SD card still only has summary data (since that is all the machine stores). I also don't know if "saving" the data automatically erases the detail data from the card or if something else they did caused it to get lost.

I'm fairly certain that there will be detail data tomorrow (for tonight), but it looks like the rest of it is gone forever (only about two weeks).
Detailed data written directly on the card (not stored in the machine). Make sure "Sleep Quality" is ON and "All available data" selected (also can be set as "default" so always stay that way)
Welcome

Hi Texas Mark,

When your wife went to see the RT, the RT turned "Sleep Quality" off, so when the SD card went back into the machine, the card synced with the machine and all the detailed data was wiped out - hopefully you saved the previous data to ResScan - just remember that when you upload new data to ResScan, it will say there are previous sessions already loaded and ask if you want to overwrite or discard the sessions. Choose "discard" rather than "Overwrite" or it will replace all of the detailed sessions on your computer with the summaries on the card. Changing "Sleep Quality" back to "On" won't bring back the lost sessions to the machine or card (the detailed data is automatically dumped from the card after it is seven days old anyway), but the next time the machine is used it will write all the new detailed data to the card.

Gee, I wonder why the RT shut Sleep Quality off and set it to just record usage? After all, usage is recorded along with all the other data when Sleep Quality is turned on. There's more than enough room on the card to hold all of the data - the machine will start dumping old data before the card gets even close to full.
Of course I already know the answer - the RT didn't want you or your wife to have any independent feed-back on therapy efficacy. Why? Because that's the RTs job; but, you may ask, how can the RT check up on it without SQ data? Well...looks simply like the RT doesn't really care and is more concerned with maintaining control than helping your wife get effective therapy.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe it was just an accident.Rolleyes

Sleep-well
(06-26-2013, 08:38 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Hi Texas Mark,

When your wife went to see the RT, the RT turned "Sleep Quality" off, so when the SD card went back into the machine, the card synced with the machine and all the detailed data was wiped out - hopefully you saved the previous data to ResScan - just remember that when you upload new data to ResScan, it will say there are previous sessions already loaded and ask if you want to overwrite or discard the sessions. Choose "discard" rather than "Overwrite" or it will replace all of the detailed sessions on your computer with the summaries on the card. Changing "Sleep Quality" back to "On" won't bring back the lost sessions to the machine or card (the detailed data is automatically dumped from the card after it is seven days old anyway), but the next time the machine is used it will write all the new detailed data to the card.

Gee, I wonder why the RT shut Sleep Quality off and set it to just record usage? After all, usage is recorded along with all the other data when Sleep Quality is turned on. There's more than enough room on the card to hold all of the data - the machine will start dumping old data before the card gets even close to full.
Of course I already know the answer - the RT didn't want you or your wife to have any independent feed-back on therapy efficacy. Why? Because that's the RTs job; but, you may ask, how can the RT check up on it without SQ data? Well...looks simply like the RT doesn't really care and is more concerned with maintaining control than helping your wife get effective therapy.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe it was just an accident.Rolleyes

Sleep-well

Since we had just started using ResScan, we were being very cautious and not saving anything (being unsure just what it would do).

Thanks for the explanation and confirming to use "discard".

It was never mentioned to the RT that we were reading the card, so unless they could tell somehow, I don't know why the sleep quality setting would have been changed.

Hopefully tomorrow there will be data again. What was lost was not that big of a deal because she has had to change masks a few times so the data was fairly screwed up anyway. I'll report tomorrow if it's still not working. Thanks.
(06-26-2013, 08:38 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: ....(the detailed data is automatically dumped from the card after it is seven days old anyway), ....

Just a quick follow question to this. Are you sure that is the limit for the S9 Elite? I ask because I'm pretty sure we were able to look back farther than that (without ever saving to ResScan). But to be honest I don't really know if we did look back farther than 7 days or not, since we were mostly focusing on how the newest mask was working, which she only had for about a week.
SD card stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 85 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,333 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.