Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Where can a person tell if they have the latest version? I don't see it anywhere but not sure where to look.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Never mind, I'm good.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Thanks for your help.
I do have my old pc set aside (afraid I didn't transfer all my photos over -- has-been pro photographer in film days, without sufficient computer skills to survive today.)
It could be brought back to life.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Hi, I don't want it know by my clinic that I have ResScan software, so just checking, when you use the software does it wipe any data off the card as it reads it in to your PC? or does it leave the data on the card. Does it leave any sign on the card that ResScan has been used?

Thanks
(07-02-2013, 11:13 AM)guygamps Wrote: Hi, I don't want it know by my clinic that I have ResScan software, so just checking, when you use the software does it wipe any data off the card as it reads it in to your PC? or does it leave the data on the card. Does it leave any sign on the card that ResScan has been used?

Thanks

It shouldn't erase anything.

What the common practice is to slide the "Lock" slide to the Lock position. That way no data will be touched.

Just don't do what I did once, forget to unlock the cards before putting it back in my CPAP machine>Oh-jeez

Good Luck
Coffee
(07-02-2013, 11:21 AM)Bompa Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 11:13 AM)guygamps Wrote: Hi, I don't want it know by my clinic that I have ResScan software, so just checking, when you use the software does it wipe any data off the card as it reads it in to your PC? or does it leave the data on the card. Does it leave any sign on the card that ResScan has been used?

Thanks

It shouldn't erase anything.

What the common practice is to slide the "Lock" slide to the Lock position. That way no data will be touched.

Just don't do what I did once, forget to unlock the cards before putting it back in my CPAP machine>Oh-jeez

Good Luck
Coffee

LOCK THE CARD! of course! perfect solution, thanks
Careful- locking the SD card is not guaranteed to do what you expect. It depends on whether or not the card reader you are using to access it is compliant and cares about your lock. Some can just ignore it.

http://blog.frankvh.com/2009/07/13/sd-ca...dont-lock/

Thanks

Using the ResScan software will NOT do anything to your SD card.

So, you do NOT even have to "lock" it.

In fact, "locking" the SD card is not a good idea.
Some forget to "unlock" the SD card before putting it back in the machine.

I do NOT suggest you try this as long as you still have to meet any "compliance" requirements.

But, even if you "format" the card, the machine will add back to the card all of the information that is stored in the machine. That information will include ALL of the compliance information that the DME / Sleep Doctor look at. What you will LOSE however is the information that is stored only on the SD card - which is the detailed information YOU want to look at.

After I download my weeks information to my computer, I always "format" the SD card before putting it back into the machine.
Locking SD card before placing in the computer/card reader prevent anything written on the card if you have some bugs in the computer

The S9 would not accept SD card if locked and would not start with the card in locked position
also give some message on the LCD "read only card - remove card and unlock"

(07-02-2013, 11:52 AM)Paptillian Wrote: Careful- locking the SD card is not guaranteed to do what you expect. It depends on whether or not the card reader you are using to access it is compliant and cares about your lock. Some can just ignore it.

http://blog.frankvh.com/2009/07/13/sd-ca...dont-lock/

You're very unlikely to run into a card reader that will write to a locked SD card, even if you have a virus. I think the SD card hardware/firmware usually prevents it. I haven't heard of viruses that are smart enough to override this setting, but it might be technically possible with some card reater hardware.

More likely would be card reader with a broken switch.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 641 Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 102 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 98 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,356 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 93 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.