Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
This may have been addressed somewhere else in the thread but I couldn't find anything.

Installed Ver 4.3 and there are a couple of problems:

When I start ResScan a window sometimes pops up asking me to select a file to open. I can highlight a user but there is no button I can click to actually load. I have to go to close that window and go to "Open Patient" to pull up the patient info.

But my big headache is I can pull up settings with the SD chip plugged in, but if I change a setting -- pressure for instance-- the save button is grayed out and doesn't work. Obviously changing settings is something the powers to be try to keep out of "civilian" hands so I'm guessing there most be some trick to activating the save settings feature. Can anyone help?
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
That's strange. There's no secret thing at all and it works fine for me.... not sure if you've checked, but is the SD card lock somehow getting moved to the locked position? If so, it can't change any settings at all, because they are written to the SD card.

Anyone know what's going on with this?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I don't have access to ResScan at the moment, but there's what I remember:

(07-09-2013, 10:43 AM)Zorki1c Wrote: When I start ResScan a window sometimes pops up asking me to select a file to open. I can highlight a user but there is no button I can click to actually load. I have to go to close that window and go to "Open Patient" to pull up the patient info.

Yes, I get that pop-up window too and just close it. Like you, I open my patient file from the main ResMed window by clicking "Open" and then selecting my name. Works fine.

Quote:But my big headache is I can pull up settings with the SD chip plugged in, but if I change a setting -- pressure for instance-- the save button is grayed out and doesn't work. Obviously changing settings is something the powers to be try to keep out of "civilian" hands so I'm guessing there most be some trick to activating the save settings feature. Can anyone help?

Which save button exactly is grayed out? The one at the top of the ResMed main window is for saving your data to your patient file. I don't know if it has any effect on the SD card.

I believe the dialog that allows you to make changes to your machine settings is a separate window altogether and it has its own buttons for confirming.
Found the problem. I was reading the SD card with a reader plugged into a USB port. When I plugged the card into a dedicated SD slot on the computer. I can save new settings with no problem. Go figure.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Thanks so much for the link. I downloaded and installed ResScan yesterday, then uploaded my SD card and viewed the data.

Very interesting the way it shows I have more central apneas than obstructive apneas.
Anybody know if that is normal or not – good or not?
I will definitely continue to use the software to monitor my progress.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE LINK!!!!!!!

(07-15-2013, 11:21 AM)BirdColonel Wrote: Very interesting the way it shows I have more central apneas than obstructive apneas.
I will definitely continue to use the software to monitor my progress.

Welcome to Apnea Board, BirdColonel. Coffee

Some folks have more centrals than others. It just depends. I would not read anything into one single night's worth of data. I would continue to gather your ResScan data over a 1-2 week period, then re-analyize the number of centrals to the number of obstructive events. If at that time you're still getting the majority of your events as centrals, it might be time to discuss this with your sleep doctor, so they can determine if the centrals are "true central" cause by brain issues, or simply pressure-induced centrals, which can sometimes be caused by too high of a pressure.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(07-15-2013, 11:21 AM)BirdColonel Wrote: Very interesting the way it shows I have more central apneas than obstructive apneas.
As SS said you need to gather data over some time, one night is not a trend. AHI below 5 considered good CPAP therapy, the lower the better

The S9 detect the airways open but don,t know if you were awake or asleep when apnea occurs
Apneas scored while wake are meaningless ought to be tossed out for true AHI value
Thumbsup 
Like the software, easy to use interesting info reports. Thanks
Hi,

I have just installed Rescan 4.3 via the link provided. I followed the instructions and DID NOT select any of the drivers during the initial install. I installed on a Windows 7 (32-bit) notebook. I am connecting to a Resmed S8 AutoSet Spirit II machine via the Resmed USB adapter for ResMed S8™ and S8™ II Series machines.

The driver have not installed properly and the program does not recognise the S8 machine. If I go into Device Manager there is a exclamation mark against the driver. Can anyone advise of a way to obtain and install the correct driver for my set up? Thanks in advance.
Hi Sorry if this has been answered before, I know that's annoying but I did look! Smile

I've got a Resmed AutoSet Spirit II and I've downloaded the ResScan software but I can't see an obvious way to connect the machine. There is a removable panel at the back that reveals what looks like some kind of data plug but I can't see a card, SD or otherwise. Is it possible that the machine was supplied without a card? When I have taken the machine to the sleep centre in the past I seem to remember them connecting it with some kind of cable. Serial-USB maybe? Has the data been somehow recorded internally so far, and how can I retrieve it? Or should I get a card and start again? Will an SD Card work in this device? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 634 3 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 91 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 90 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.