Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
(07-25-2013, 06:44 PM)andyjh64 Wrote: Hi Sorry if this has been answered before, I know that's annoying but I did look! Smile

I've got a Resmed AutoSet Spirit II and I've downloaded the ResScan software but I can't see an obvious way to connect the machine. There is a removable panel at the back that reveals what looks like some kind of data plug but I can't see a card, SD or otherwise. Is it possible that the machine was supplied without a card? When I have taken the machine to the sleep centre in the past I seem to remember them connecting it with some kind of cable. Serial-USB maybe? Has the data been somehow recorded internally so far, and how can I retrieve it? Or should I get a card and start again? Will an SD Card work in this device? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

A data card is usable with your machine, but it requires an expensive card reader. You may be better off putting the money toward a new machine. FWIW, here is the info for downloading the data:

When you take off that removable panel, there are two sets of electrical contacts. The contacts on the edge of the motherboard are designed to connect to a data module (impossible to find) for connecting the machine to a computer with a cable.

There is another set of contacts further back inside the machine for a smart card, which is a data card using 1980's technology. The card consists of an electronic chip embedded in a piece of credit card stock that is about the size of a stick of chewing gum. The data card is available from supplier no. 10 on the supplier list. Search the site for ResScan S8 Series ResMed Data Cards.

The removable panel on the back of the machine may or may not have a slot for inserting a data card; however, it is just a plain piece of plastic. I have verified that the machine can write to the data card with the cover removed. An expensive, oddball data card reader is required. Search eBay for ResScan, but the one supplier is in Israel and is almost sold out. You will need to install one of the three drivers included with ResScan, the driver for the SmartMedia Card Reader.
A huge thank you for making the software available!!
No more needing to take a day off work to get my SD card read and a report printed.
Before then taking another day off to see my Sleep Disorder Doctor.
Thanks also for all the other links - nice to know how to adjust my own machines settings!!
Thanks Big_dave

(07-25-2013, 11:11 PM)big_dave Wrote:
(07-25-2013, 06:44 PM)andyjh64 Wrote: Hi Sorry if this has been answered before, I know that's annoying but I did look! Smile

I've got a Resmed AutoSet Spirit II and I've downloaded the ResScan software but I can't see an obvious way to connect the machine. There is a removable panel at the back that reveals what looks like some kind of data plug but I can't see a card, SD or otherwise. Is it possible that the machine was supplied without a card? When I have taken the machine to the sleep centre in the past I seem to remember them connecting it with some kind of cable. Serial-USB maybe? Has the data been somehow recorded internally so far, and how can I retrieve it? Or should I get a card and start again? Will an SD Card work in this device? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

A data card is usable with your machine, but it requires an expensive card reader. You may be better off putting the money toward a new machine. FWIW, here is the info for downloading the data:

When you take off that removable panel, there are two sets of electrical contacts. The contacts on the edge of the motherboard are designed to connect to a data module (impossible to find) for connecting the machine to a computer with a cable.

There is another set of contacts further back inside the machine for a smart card, which is a data card using 1980's technology. The card consists of an electronic chip embedded in a piece of credit card stock that is about the size of a stick of chewing gum. The data card is available from supplier no. 10 on the supplier list. Search the site for ResScan S8 Series ResMed Data Cards.

The removable panel on the back of the machine may or may not have a slot for inserting a data card; however, it is just a plain piece of plastic. I have verified that the machine can write to the data card with the cover removed. An expensive, oddball data card reader is required. Search eBay for ResScan, but the one supplier is in Israel and is almost sold out. You will need to install one of the three drivers included with ResScan, the driver for the SmartMedia Card Reader.

I downloaded the software and have been using it. I met with sleep lab people twice to review things I see when looking at the software and they are pleased I have it and use it.

BUT--I realized that I do not have the option of having flow data. Can anyone help me? It simply is not on the list of graphs to show.
It should be labeled "Detailed Data" in ResScan. You have to open days individually. If detailed data is not showing in your ResScan downloads you might have your Elite set to not record it. Go into the "Clinical Settings" menu on your Elite (hold down the knob button and double check mark button for three seconds) find the "Sleep Quality" setting and make sure it is set to "On". The machine writes the detailed Waveform data directly to the SD card, so it has to be in the machine while using it and it will only store 7 days worth on the card - so you won't be able to retrieve detailed data from before "Sleep Quality" was turned on, but you should be good to go from now on as long as you download to ResScan every 7 days or more often. Also, when the detailed data is in ResScan but has been wiped from the SD card (after 7 days) ResScan wil say there is duplicate data and ask if you want to overwrite from the card or discard. Always choose "discard" or it will overwrite the version without detailed data, wiping the detailed data from the folder in ResScan.

Sleep-well
I download daily. I download all detailed data and have lots of graphs, but the software does not give the option to check for flow data. I have pressure, leak, minute ventilation, flow limitation, AHI, events and snore index as options. No flow option.

Since that is what the tech looks at when I am at the sleep lab, it is obviously important data. I have no way of getting that data apparently since it is not an option listed under graphing options.

Do I need to redownload the software? Is it possible that the download was flawed somehow? I just downloaded it in May so I'm guessing it's the newest version.
Hello out there - I am considering downloading this program to read the SD card off a ResMed S9 - if I read the card, will the info still remain on the card for my Doc to see - I don't want to delete or mess up what they need to see.
(08-01-2013, 09:28 AM)NancyMidland Wrote: I download daily. I download all detailed data and have lots of graphs, but the software does not give the option to check for flow data. I have pressure, leak, minute ventilation, flow limitation, AHI, events and snore index as options. No flow option.

Since that is what the tech looks at when I am at the sleep lab, it is obviously important data. I have no way of getting that data apparently since it is not an option listed under graphing options.

Do I need to redownload the software? Is it possible that the download was flawed somehow? I just downloaded it in May so I'm guessing it's the newest version.

I do have a flow option listed in my Graphing Options. The Elite and the AutoSet both support this data type according to ResMed documentation.

Just to make sure, do you have the same version as in the picture below?

[Image: version.jpg] [Image: flow_graphing_options.jpg]

I know you already said you did this, but just to double-check here are my data download options. You can get to the second screen by clicking on the "Select" button next to the "Data" field in the first screen.

[Image: download_data_dialog.jpg] [Image: download_options.jpg]

(08-01-2013, 11:31 AM)Jason Hamby Wrote: Hello out there - I am considering downloading this program to read the SD card off a ResMed S9 - if I read the card, will the info still remain on the card for my Doc to see - I don't want to delete or mess up what they need to see.

Hello. Yes, it should, however to be safe you can just copy the data off of your card into a folder on your computer as a backup. That way if something happens, you can copy the data back to the card.
Hi Paptillion. I have to ask - in the "Select Data Type to Download" window, why haven't you checked "Set these as my default options"?
(08-01-2013, 12:50 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Hi Paptillion. I have to ask - in the "Select Data Type to Download" window, why haven't you checked "Set these as my default options"?

Good point- I think most people will want to do that just to be extra cautious.

In my experience ResScan remembers the settings for the device that is associated with the SD card, so I find that I don't need to. I suspect that if I were to insert an SD card from a different device/patient, then I'd have to re-enter the settings. I think the option is there only because ResScan is a multi-patient monitoring tool. Dont-know

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.