Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! This will help us to follow and manage my apnea. I reviewed what was on my card so far, and this worked fine. Thanks again.
(08-04-2013, 10:41 AM)SkyWinder Wrote: Sounds like you are saying these drivers are OK. That the drivers that should not be installed are specified later in the install sequence.

Do NOT download / install those drivers.

If it will not let you DEselect them usning the Custom install method, then go back & do it the other way.
Obviously, I did not state my question clearly. I went ahead and accepted the items as listed on the 'Custom' installation page, including the reference to 'drivers'. On the *next* page of the installation process, it asked me about those special ResMed specific drives. I simply did not check any of those boxes.

Installation went fine and the application seems to run fine.

Guess I was just being overly cautious when I saw that first reference to drivers.
Just downloaded the data analysis software, and it worked perfectly. Very cool. I will now make a donation to the apneaboard.

I was on an earlier ResMed machine for nearly 10 years and was just put on the S9. (By the way, as a Kaiser-Permanente member, I get all the stuff for only a $20 co-pay. KP and Medicare pick up the rest.)

One question I have yet to figure out: The software says my AHI was 1.3. Does that mean I would have had that number of apneas without the machine? Is that the number of times the machine came to my aid?

I'll try to learn this on my own, but if somebody knows the answer right away, thank you in advance.
Thanks I used my CPAP for the first time last night,
I downloaded the ReScan this morning. ReScan worked very well. I feel certain that everyone needs to have this tool. I will make a donation.

With CPAP on auto my AHI is 5.4.
AI 4.3
HI 1.1
1.3 obstructive
3.0 central apnea

I now off to read the interpretation guide thoroughly.

Many thanks, stanlee1963
(08-10-2013, 11:57 AM)Boyce Rensberger Wrote: One question I have yet to figure out: The software says my AHI was 1.3. Does that mean I would have had that number of apneas without the machine? Is that the number of times the machine came to my aid?

That's the number of apneas (or hyponeas) you had, on average, per hour.

The machine scores an apnea when you stop breathing for 10 seconds or longer.

An AHI of 1.3 is excellent. Anything below 5 is considered "normal" in that a patient with an AHI of 5 or less would not be prescribed a CPAP machine. Unless there were other complications.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(08-10-2013, 12:30 PM)stanlee1963 Wrote: With CPAP on auto my AHI is 5.4.
AI 4.3
HI 1.1
1.3 obstructive
3.0 central apnea

Those are good numbers for your first night. Congratulations and happy slumbers. Big Grin
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi- I have two questions (to start with).
I have been using a CPAP for some years now, I started with a respironics, but it broke, so I got a new one. Now I have an resmed S9, and have been using this for about 6 months. I usualy use nasal pillows, the main reason for this is that the other nose marks does not seem to work as good as the pillows, and I usualy feel more tired the next day when using that mask. But still I feel more tired now then I used to when I was on the respironics. My pressure is now set to 5-15. What I see from the software is that my pressure seems to be quite close to my max,last 90 days the 95% percentile is 12,7 and Maximum is 142. Is this good numbers? Should I adjust the maximum closer to 20? My AHI is 1.4, something I understand is good?
Also, I would very much like to use the nasal mask as opposed to the pillows, since I feel the mask more comfortable, but the effect is better with pillows. Is there something I can adjust on my S9 to get better effect from the mask?

Oyvind
(08-14-2013, 03:32 PM)orcaporca Wrote: My pressure is now set to 5-15. What I see from the software is that my pressure seems to be quite close to my max,last 90 days the 95% percentile is 12,7 and Maximum is 142. Is this good numbers? Should I adjust the maximum closer to 20? My AHI is 1.4, something I understand is good?
AHI below 5 considered good therapy, AHI 1.4 even better
Whats the breakdown of AHI including centrals and leak rates stats (median, 95%, maximum) assuming your S9 is an AutoSet, not Escape Auto

I would leave the maximum for now but increase the minimum closer to 95% or at the median pressure and monitor how it pan out

(08-14-2013, 04:46 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:32 PM)orcaporca Wrote: My pressure is now set to 5-15. What I see from the software is that my pressure seems to be quite close to my max,last 90 days the 95% percentile is 12,7 and Maximum is 142. Is this good numbers? Should I adjust the maximum closer to 20? My AHI is 1.4, something I understand is good?
AHI below 5 considered good therapy, AHI 1.4 even better
Whats the breakdown of AHI including centrals and leak rates stats (median, 95%, maximum) assuming your S9 is an AutoSet, not Escape Auto

I would leave the maximum for now but increase the minimum closer to 95% or at the median pressure and monitor how it pan out
Is the information in the enclosed picture of any help?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 84 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,333 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 371 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.