Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Thread title: Auto-Adjusting Positive Airway Pressure
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...y-Pressure
(08-18-2013, 08:07 PM)Paptillian Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 02:29 PM)vsheline Wrote: I wonder whether the concept of "untreatable apneas" might apply only to the original AutoSet algorithm.

I think Ron's remembering this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid41092

(08-18-2013, 09:28 PM)zonk Wrote: Thread title: Auto-Adjusting Positive Airway Pressure
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...y-Pressure

Hi Paptillian,

Thanks for the link. It leads to a description of the old REMstar Auto algorithm, not the new System One REMstar Auto algorithm, which now includes detection of central apnea versus obstructive apnea.

I think the old "Non-Responsive Apnea/Hypopnea" response (reducing the pressure back down 2 cmH2O after a previous increase of 3 cmH2O has not been able to stop a string of apnea events of unknown type, under the assumption that these apnea events might have been central apneas because they were not accompanied by Flow Limitation or Snore) would probably have been modified (or even dropped?) in the new PRS1 Auto algorithm because of the machine's new ability to distinguish central apneas from obstructive apneas.

The link provided by Zonk is to an article written in 2009 which makes it clear that reducing pressure in response to "Non-Responsive Apnea/Hypopnea" was a unique aspect of the Respironics RemStar Auto algorithm; no other vendor did anything similar.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(08-19-2013, 12:52 AM)vsheline Wrote: Thanks for the link. It leads to a description of the old REMstar Auto algorithm, not the new System One REMstar Auto algorithm, which now includes detection of central apnea versus obstructive apnea.

Ah, good catch.

Here's a little bit of into I found on the new algorithm, but it doesn't say much beyond that it uses "pressure pulses" to distinguish clear vs. obstructed airway.

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pk_en/...apneas.wpd
Thanks Paptillian for answering vsheline's questions. And yes, that article is the only basis I have for my assertions. I was not aware that it referred to the "old" algorithm; if so, my comment is incorrect for modern machines.
Greetings!

I downloaded the ResScan 4.3 from the link on this forum earlier today, and installed it on my Windows 8 Ultimate machine.

I've been using my ResMed S9 + S5i for over a year now, and the sleep doctor wanted me to fax him usage data, so that's the reason for the download/install.

Anyway, no problems with the installation; I didn't select the drivers to install (as instructed here). I was able to retrieve data from the device ok, it now lists data from March 2012 through now.

On the Browser all days are displayed from March 12th through today. Under 'Review' I am ableto select different dates on the Browser, and that changes the date range used by the Summary or Detailed Graphs. The same goes for the 'Statistics' tab -- viewing different dates or date ranges is just a matter of making a selection in the Browser.

However, the most important thing is the 'Report' view, since this presents the data I can print and fax to my doctor. However, it doesn't seem to matter at all what I do it always selects March 12, 2012 through April 10, 2012 for the reporting range (first 30 days of usage). 30 Day compliance Report - March 12, 2012 - April 10th, with no way to change it. Even the 'All Available Data' reports on only those days. When I go into the 'Report' view those days are automatically selected in the Browser, even if I have a different date range selected before going into the 'Report' view. While in the 'Report' view (after waiting for the reports to be generated), I can select different days in the Browser, but then if I try selecting a report under 'Select Report' so it will hopefully report on my new date range..... instead it goes right back to March 12, 2012 - April 10, 2012.

In the PDF instruction file it states that when you go into the Report screen a 'Select Data dialog' is supposed to pop up. I do not see that dialog at all and do not see a way to make it pop up. It just automatically selects the first 30 days of data of the 1.5 years of data available, and generates the reports.

I see that in the Browser I can right-click and 'Delete Session' and it will delete data for the days you select, but why on earth would I want to delete all data except the days I want to report on?

Can anybody help with how I can go about reporting on RECENT data?

Thank you!
Mark.
For those who are interested, I was able to resolve the problem that I described in the previous email.

It turns out that these values are imbedded in the report file itself, so the report will only look at the first days of data, no matter how much data you have.

Here is a description of how I modified one of the reports, '30 Day Compliance.rml'. I saved the modified report as 'Compliance.rml'

1. Made a copy of '30 Day Compliance.rml' and named it 'Complience.rml', in the same folder.
  2. Opened 'Compliance.rml' in a text editor.
  3. The first line of the file contains: <SCHEME FallbackSchemeTag='USAGE_COMPLIANCE' PreAction='SelectFirst30Days' Tag='FIRST_30_DAYS'>
  4. I modified that line to instead contain: <SCHEME FallbackSchemeTag='USAGE_COMPLIANCE'>
  5. The second line in the file contains: <REPORT_TITLE>30 Day Compliance Report</REPORT_TITLE>
  6. I modified that line to instead contain: <REPORT_TITLE>Compliance Report</REPORT_TITLE>
  7. The 12th line in the file contained: <ITEM>First30Days</ITEM>
  8. I removed this line entirely.
  9. I saved the report, and restarted ResScan.
  10. The new report appeared in the listing.
  11. I selected a month's worth of data in the Browser, then opened the new report.
  12. This time a dialog DID pop up, asking me which of the selected days I wanted to report on.
  13. It worked as expected.

Anyway, in case others run into the same problem, the above describes a working solution. I was able to produce the needed reports of the past several months of usage and fax them to my doctor.

I don't know if others have noticed, but the ResScan software is EXTREMELY slow. I have a modern, fast machine but every time you change date selections in the Browser you can expect to wait many seconds while the software is working. It really isn't that much data, so I don't know why the software would be this slow with date changes. I work as a software architect; this slowness is almost enough to make me want to design my own software to read this data.

Anyway, thanks to all and especially thanks for providing this forum as a great resource for those of us who need it!
Hi Nobodo,

Thanks for an informative and very helpful post.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
OK here it my info

SerialNumber=P0160655692CF
ModelNumber=550P
ProductType=35
DataFormat=UDF
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=xPAP
FamilyVersion=2
SoftwareVersion=V1.24
FirstDate=1288149578
LastDate=1378029251
BasicKey=401101059719
DetailsKey=ea8f0222d4ec
ErrorKey=0001040258c9
PatientFolderNum=3
PatientFileNum=209
EquipFileNum=64
ValidCheck=d2fa

NOw I have tried both Sleepyhead and rescan with no success. they can't read the data HELP PLEASE

When I click on down load I don't get this screen My screens says no device located
(08-26-2013, 11:01 AM)Nobodo Wrote: I work as a software architect; this slowness is almost enough to make me want to design my own software to read this data.

Encore (for the Respironics machines) is incredibly slow, too.

I think it's issues like this that prompted Mark Watkins (JediMark) to create SleepyHead. Too bad he gave up on it while it was still in beta.

Check out SourceForge SleepyHead. Really good software. You will like it a lot more than ResScan.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.