Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
wai2,(time=1321711865) Wrote:anyone tried this?
If I haven't installed 3.14, do I need to install 3.14 before install 3.16?
I haven't tried it yet, but the instructions say you can install it right over the top of version 3.14 without uninstalling it, (if you already have 3.14 installed on your PC).

If you haven't installed any version of ResScan yet, you should use this 3.16 install file by itself.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
dcsys Wrote:OK, so I downloaded ResScan 3.16 SP1. I have a MacBook Pro running OS-X 10.7.2 with VMware Fusion 4.1.0 installed. I have a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Virtual Machine. I installed the software WITHOUT selecting the drivers as instructed. Unfortunately, the SD Card slot on the newer MacBook Pro is a PCIe device and not a USB device, so I could use it. I copied the files to a USB to microSD adapter that I got a while ago. I attached the USB to MicroSD adapter to the Windows VM and the software worked like a champ!

No I need to interpret that report. On to the RTFM phase.

Thanks for the link!

Dave
Please note the following thread regarding the "Release Notes" for ResScan version 3.16:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum

The above link explains a lot of the new updates in ResScan 3.16 and bug fixes.

Of note: version 3.16 is no longer supported for Windows 2000. So if you're running Windows 2000, you may have to use version 3.14 or earlier. To get older versions, just change the link that healthcareworker sends you in the email to whatever version you want. (ie- change 3.16 to 3.14 in the link itself)

To get the download link, you'll need to join Apnea Board, sign into your user account, then go here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...nload-Link

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

zonk Wrote:
oceanview,(time=1326656931) Wrote:Very cool! Thanks a ton Steven!

Thanks Zonk. I use the S9 Elite. This my second month on CPAP and I'm really starting to feel GOOD. Smile
Glad you like the S9, It is the best data reporting machine. Bed

ResScan Tutorial:
http://www.apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

S9 setup info and ResScan software video basic:
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResMed/ResMed-...Setup.html
Steven Wrote:
calvins,(time=1329336941) Wrote:Zonk, Two methods to get the same Warning Window: (Going by the video directions to set up the S9 via ResScan - I have ver 3.16.018):
1. [button on menu bar with two gears] Settings > {device setting window opens} [button] select device >
or
2. Tools > Device Settings > {device setting window opens} [button] select device >

Warning window opens:
"All SD Card /USB Flash Drive Contents Will Be Deleted" [info below warning reads] "In order to apply device settings, all existing files and directories on the SD card / USB flash drive will be deleted. Click, ok, to delete the entire contents of this drive, or Cancel, to select another drive volume."

Cheers,
CS
I "believe" what you are seeing is to make all of the settings to the S9 via the SD Card.

IMHO, "I" would NOT do it that way!

1st - It is MUCH simpler to just choose your settings via the S9.
To do that, you need to 1st have the "Clinician's" Guide which is available on this forum.

2nd - You should periodically format the SD card to keep the "skew" problem from getting too bad. I format my SD card every week, but most say you can go two weeks before the skew becomes very noticeable.

Every time you format the SD card, you would have to reinput the settings if you use the SD card to do that.

I have a 2nd SD card (2 GB but 1 GB is sufficient if you can still find them) & alternate between the two so that I can just put in the already formatted 2nd SD card into my S9. That gives me more time to download the information from the 1st SD card into ResScan when I get the chance.

Make sure you get a plain vanilla SD card & not the newer SD cards. They are getting harder & harder to find but they are still out there. I found one at my local Office Depot, but they had already taken them off the shelves to make room for the newer ones. Amazon has some. So does the 1st online CPAP supplier (#1 on the list).

Lastly, I would get the free SDFormatter (SD card formating software).
It is best to use that particualar SD Card formating software because it does not mess with the hidden area of the SD Card that ResMed & others use. Others have reported problems with ResScan & the S9 not seeing the SD card if it is formatted using anything else. Some have no problems at all. But, I don't see any reason to ask for problems when there is a way to avoid them to begin with.

Here is the blurb from the SDFormatter website that explains it more.

SD Formatter 3.1 for SD/SDHC/SDXC
This software formats all SD memory cards, SDHC memory cards and SDXC memory cards. SD Formatter provides quick and easy access to the full capabilities of your SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.

The SD Formatter was created specifically for memory cards using the SD/SDHC/SDXC standards. It is strongly recommended to use the SD Formatter instead of formatting utilities provided with operating systems that format various types of storage media. Using generic formatting utilities may result in less than optimal performance for your memory cards.

The SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards have a "Protected Area" on the card for the SD standard's security function. The SD Formatter does not format the "Protected Area". Please use appropriate application software or SD-compatible device that provides SD security function to format the "Protected Area" in the memory card.
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16)
b360155 Wrote:
jdireton,(time=1329489099) Wrote:My apologies if this is a duplicate question, I have not gone through all 26 pages of this thread.

The question is, in the detail screen Event graph, what do the numbers in the box mean? I understand the color coding for OSA, CSA, etc. but there is a small square above the event tag with a number. For me, it is usually 10 - 15. I can't find anything in the help file.

I'd really appreciate any help!
Duration of the event in seconds.
OK, I just discovered that when one uses the supplied link to the ResMed download page for ResScan 3.16, one is asked to supply lots of info before the download is made available including organization name, location as well as the applicant's name, address, e-mail and the kicker is that the applicant is asked to agree to the requirement that this software will only be used under the supervision of a physician.
It makes me feel that I really don't want ResScan that badly. What do others do?
When I got the ResScan download I provided most of the info requested. I couldn't give an organization. I agreed that the software will be used under a Dr.'s supervision since I provided a copy of the report to my Dr. I don't know whether or not it was ever looked at by him or is staff. If you are uncomfortable giving accurate information, be less than honest.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

(02-29-2012, 09:13 PM)Dawei Wrote: OK, I just discovered that when one uses the supplied link to the ResMed download page for ResScan 3.16, one is asked to supply lots of info before the download is made available including organization name, location as well as the applicant's name, address, e-mail and the kicker is that the applicant is asked to agree to the requirement that this software will only be used under the supervision of a physician.
It makes me feel that I really don't want ResScan that badly. What do others do?

I wouldn't be too concerned about that. For organization name, I just filled in the name of the DME I use. I brought a copy of the ResScan report with me for a 30-day follow up meeting with my physician, he glanced through it quickly and said everything looked good and stuck it in my records folder. I also brought my SD card with me, but he didn't feel it was necessary to look at it since the report gave him all the information he needed. You need to give them occasional evidence that your in compliance with the minimum usage requirements I believe for insurance purposes, so ResScan is an easy way to keep track of it and report it to your physician. I use Sleepyhead too, but Jedimark has said that it's just for personal information/education and should not be used for legal compliance reporting.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
The automated message sent to you have the following instructions:

You'll have to fill out the contact info to download it free directly from the ResMed website.
You don't need to fill out your correct info, just one that "looks" reasonable. Just make up a company name, and leave the customer number blank, it should work.
Also included is a link to the full manual for the ResScan software.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.