Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
(09-01-2013, 04:02 PM)denbid Wrote: OK here it my info

SerialNumber=P0160655692CF
ModelNumber=550P

Hi denbid, welcome to the forum!

At the top of each forum page are some handy links. On the right hand side is one which says "My Profile", which allows easy editing of our individual profile.

I suggest you update your profile to say your machine is PRS1 Auto DS550P. This is a great machine made by Philips Respironics, not ResMed.

ResScan only works with ResMed machines, so it won't work with yours. SleeyHead should work well with your machine.

(09-01-2013, 04:51 PM)denbid Wrote: When I click on down load I don't get this screen My screens says no device located

I am not very familiar with SH, but it may help to insert the SD card into your computer a minute or so before you start up SH. (I think this helps with ResScan, which I use. With ResScan, sometimes I will need to abort a download because the program cannot find the SD card, but when I do nothing more than to try again it is successful.)

Here is a link to discussions concerning SleepyHead (and to ask for help with SleepyHead):
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-JediMark

Good luck, and don't give up. It is very helpful for us to review our sleep data in detail. It may take a little while to get everything installed correctly, and at first it may feel a little like drinking from a fire hose, but gradually we learn to understand what the data means, and especially we learn what is going right and what is going wrong with our therapy, so we can bring it to the attention of our doctors or therapists, who (in general) will not be able to expend the time required to become familiar with our sleep data (beyond a few quick statistics like AHI and compliance hours) unless we bring something specific to their attention.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Using ResScan 4.3.0 I can only get Summary data/graphs from the SD card that came from a ResMed S9 Autoset. Is there a setting I should configure to get Detailed data/graphs?

I only get Summary reports like Usage, Total Usage, AHI & AI, Leak. Nothing else.
(09-02-2013, 07:11 PM)vvitug Wrote: Using ResScan 4.3.0 I can only get Summary data/graphs from the SD card that came from a ResMed S9 Autoset. Is there a setting I should configure to get Detailed data/graphs?

I only get Summary reports like Usage, Total Usage, AHI & AI, Leak. Nothing else.

Hi vvitug, welcome to the forum!

When you are looking at the Summary data/graphs in ResScan, fairly close to the top of the page are a row of tabs which open different displays: Statistics, Summary Graphs, Detailed Graphs, etc.

Click on the Detailed Graphs tab and plots will appear. Right below the row of tabs will be a line for the Product name and serial number, and a tiny icon of a graph with a check mark on it.

Clicking on that tiny icon will open a dialog box with tabs allowing control of the Summary Graphs page or the Detailed Graphs page. Depending on which tab you select in the dialog box, you can select all the parameters you want to be plotted on the Summary Graphs page or on the Detailed Graphs page.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Updates:
Here is a link to a ResScan video tutorial:
http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

Here is a link to ResScan Interpretation Guide:
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(09-02-2013, 07:33 PM)vsheline Wrote: Click on the Detailed Graphs tab and plots will appear. Right below the row of tabs will be a line for the Product name and serial number, and a tiny icon of a graph with a check mark on it.

I have been clicking on the Detailed Graphs tab and I get " No detailed data available".
(09-02-2013, 08:37 PM)vvitug Wrote: I have been clicking on the Detailed Graphs tab and I get " No detailed data available".

Hi vvitug,

With the very first download, Detailed Data should be included for the most recent 30 days.

Are you perhaps trying to see Detailed Data from older than 30 days before the first download?

The SD card retains Summary Data only for the most recent 365 days, and Detailed Data for graphs only for the most recent 30 days, and High Rate Data (Flow data and High Rate Pressure data) for graphs only for the most recent 7 days. So it is advisable to download the data from the card into your computer at least once a week if you want ResScan to have a record of all the data.

By the way, in subsequent downloads, when you are downloading from the SD card (and ResScan finds data was previously downloaded for some days) a dialog box will appear asking whether you want to Overwrite (the data previously downloaded) or Discard (the data on the SD card for days previously downloaded). Always select Discard, so there will be no possibility of losing data previously downloaded.

If you want to download additional data from the SD card for a day which was previously downloaded, don't select Overwrite. Instead, delete the particular session you want to replace and then perform a new download, and again select Discard. (We can delete previously downloaded sessions using the "Navigation" window on the left side of the screen, by right-clicking on the session we want to delete.)

--- Vaughn

Angry 
Hi everybody.
I'm new to this so here it goes.
I try to install the ResMed software, but when trying to launch the program I'm getting the following "Pure Virtual function called" (I have not idea what this means) and the software does not open. I checked the size of the downloaded file and it is the correct size. Un-installed and re-installed the software with the same results. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Regards

ET.

PS. the 3 drivers were not check at all.
(09-02-2013, 08:59 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(09-02-2013, 08:37 PM)vvitug Wrote: I have been clicking on the Detailed Graphs tab and I get " No detailed data available".

Hi vvitug,

With the very first download, Detailed Data should be included for the most recent 30 days.

Are you perhaps trying to see Detailed Data from older than 30 days before the first download?

--- Vaughn

This is a new SD card which I have used for 5 days. All I wanted to see was detailed data for the past days, not 30 days before.

I found out why I was not getting detailed data.
On the Download data screen, I was ignoring the two icons on the right of the screen and just clicked on the Start Download icon.

These icons were 1)to select the device to connect to and 2) type of data to download.

Apparently, the default option is to download summary data only.

To resolve my issue, I clicked on the lower icon and selected Summary and Detailed data. After I clicked on the start download icon, I did find the detailed data I was looking or.

Thanks for your help.
My machine is from 2008. I read where you needed Encore Pro Software to read my smart card (about the size of a credit card). I would also need a reader for this card.

This is what I have.
REMstar® Auto M Series with C-Flex™. .....remstarautomseries.respironics.com/Parts.aspx
Respironics REMstar M Series AUTO CPAP with C-Flex and SmartCard.

I don't see anything close to this name on the compatibility list.
Can I use the software found here? How about a reader?

Thanks
Bob Lumpkin

Thanks
(09-03-2013, 08:04 AM)eduardo.tirado Wrote: Hi everybody.
I'm new to this so here it goes.
I try to install the ResMed software, but when trying to launch the program I'm getting the following "Pure Virtual function called" (I have not idea what this means) and the software does not open. I checked the size of the downloaded file and it is the correct size. Un-installed and re-installed the software with the same results. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Regards

ET.

PS. the 3 drivers were not check at all.

Hi ET,

I would try downloading the software again. (Small but non-zero chance this may help.)

If that doesn't work, perhaps you can try installing on another computer. Does not need to be new. I think ResScan can run on pretty much any Windows machine. I use Parallels (Windows emulation) on a Mac.

Good luck.

--- Vaughn
(09-04-2013, 02:05 PM)Lump Wrote: My machine is from 2008. I read where you needed Encore Pro Software to read my smart card (about the size of a credit card). I would also need a reader for this card.

This is what I have.
REMstar® Auto M Series with C-Flex™. .....remstarautomseries.respironics.com/Parts.aspx
Respironics REMstar M Series AUTO CPAP with C-Flex and SmartCard.
I don't see anything close to this name on the compatibility list.
Can I use the software found here? How about a reader?

Thanks
Bob Lumpkin

Hi Bob,

ResScan is only for ResMed machines.

SleepyHead supports the newer Philips Respironics System One machines, but (as far as I know) not the older models like yours, unfortunately. And I think the data reported using older machines like yours would show AHI and Leak and Pressure waveforms and perhaps Flow waveforms (which are probably the most important data to see) but would not distinguish Clear-Airway apneas from obstructive apneas, which is a relatively new feature which can be helpful for all patients (and can be important for some patients who have central apneas in addition to obstructive apneas).

If you look through the Clinician Manual for your machine I think you would be able to find out what data is available on your machine and what equipment is needed to read the special proprietary smart card.

Good luck, and take care,
--- Vaughn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,337 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.