Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
(11-01-2013, 12:50 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 05:49 AM)zonk Wrote: The answer to your question: No. ResScan does not change/erase/write anything. ResScan only read whats on the card providing there is data on the card to be read.

That's true. But your computer's operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux, or whatever) may.

Macs have been reported to write some data to SD cards just when you insert the card. Arrogant, self centered bastards!

Some PC viruses will do that, too. Normally, a Windows PC won't do that, there are lots of arrogant programmers who write programs that do things like try to "index your music files" every time you plug an SD card or USB drive into your computer. There may be some programs that write some sort of "index" file to the SD card like Macs do, but I haven't heard about it.

Because of the brain damaged and invalid way ResMed writes data to the SD card, if some "standard" program writes a file to the card, the CPAP machine may refuse to use it any more.

You can put the write protect tab to "lock" on the SD card to prevent the computer from writing to it.

Even if you do damage the SD card, the "compliance" data is stored on the machine itself. Unless your DME/doctor is an idiot, you won't have any insurance problems. However, many DMEs and doctors are idiots.

On a PC, unless you've written data to the SD card, it's not necessary to eject it. I never eject my S9 SD card from the PC. I also don't bother to unplug or "double" turn off the blower, just do the normal turn off. I do let the machine stay off for a few minutes before I remove the card. If I don't, sometimes I don't seem to get the data from the last session.

If you do "damage" the card, just act dumb. That can happen if you never take it out of the card. SD cards aren't that reliable.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
I had the same problem with the "pure virtual function" error on a machine running Windows XP SP3 and also a Windown 7 Pro. On the Windows XP machine I was able to run the program by going to the start menu and right clicking properties and the click the compatability tab and selecting Win2000. On the Window 7 machine I did pretty much the same thing except I selected Windows XP SP2. Hope this helps.
Cheers

(09-25-2013, 04:38 PM)blebs Wrote:
(09-23-2013, 08:16 PM)lakeside7 Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 04:35 PM)blebs Wrote: Hello and welcome to the board. Please see post #443 above.
------------------------------------
I tried deleting, rebooting, and re-downloading several times. I still get the same error message.
Lakeside7

(09-23-2013, 08:34 PM)me50 Wrote:
(09-23-2013, 08:16 PM)lakeside7 Wrote: ------------------------------------
I tried deleting, rebooting, and re-downloading several times. I still get the same error message.
Lakeside7

what OS are you using?

are you checking the 3 drivers? if you are, that could be your problem?

INSTALLATION WARNING:
During the installation, it will ask you if you wish to install the 3 ResScan proprietary drivers. DO NOT INSTALL THE DRIVERS! If you do, ResScan WILL NOT WORK and all future installs of ResScan will not work.

(09-25-2013, 02:22 PM)lakeside7 Wrote: Re error msg. I am using Windows XP, have not checked to install any of the drivers, have re-installed several times and still get the same error message.
Lakeside7

Do you have all of your Windows Critical Updates installed? What about antivirus software? Norton is known to cause problems at times.

Hi elliott2, welcome to the forum, and thanks for the information.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(11-03-2013, 12:17 AM)elliott2 Wrote: I had the same problem with the "pure virtual function" error on a machine running Windows XP SP3 and also a Windown 7 Pro. On the Windows XP machine I was able to run the program by going to the start menu and right clicking properties and the click the compatability tab and selecting Win2000. On the Window 7 machine I did pretty much the same thing except I selected Windows XP SP2. Hope this helps.
Cheers

I had the same 'Pure Virtual Function Called' issue on my machine, running Win7 Pro X64. I right-clicked on the desktop shortcut for the ResScan program, went into [Properties][Compatibility] and set mine to run in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP-3, and now it is running just fine.

Thanks to everybody for all of the good information and assistance!

Chile

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
(02-23-2012, 12:16 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
A Note on installing ResScan

After you install the ResScan software, you'll need to select "ALL DATA" when downloading the data from the SD card, otherwise you can't download all your historical data.

I just get an error message "No Devices Available - Connect Flow Generator or Data Card". I have the card inserted into a generic data card reader on Window 7. I even tried installing the drivers for the data card reader.

ResScan is only for Resmed CPAP machines. Hope this helps and welcome
(11-09-2013, 02:15 PM)me50 Wrote: ResScan is only for Resmed CPAP machines. Hope this helps and welcome
Me50 correct. Here is SleepyHead download link
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Hi All,

I have been using the machine since Monday and have downloaded the program and the data. However, when I click on the detailed graph panel. It said, no detail data available. Am I doing something wrong?

I can only see data on Statistic and Summary Graph. However, i would like to see a graph where it details one night so I can see when/what time the apnoae occurred or when the mask leaked. The Summary Graph is basically just a summary.
(11-09-2013, 09:20 PM)boar Wrote: Hi All,

I have been using the machine since Monday and have downloaded the program and the data. However, when I click on the detailed graph panel. It said, no detail data available. Am I doing something wrong?

I can only see data on Statistic and Summary Graph. However, i would like to see a graph where it details one night so I can see when/what time the apnoae occurred or when the mask leaked. The Summary Graph is basically just a summary.

did you select all data (see Super Sleeper's post)
I did click on "all data". So not sure what happened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.