Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Well..... I guess thats what I get for letting them, the DME, insurance outfit , and sleep doctor, automatically decide the machine thats best for me. Should have done more research before accepting it. And waking up with all that air blowing in my nose is very irritating. that never happened with the S8 autoset.
I will try to give it back, trade it in.
(03-07-2014, 12:59 PM)chuck taylor Wrote: Does the resumed S9 escape feature less data output into the ResScan software than does the S9 auto set?
I've set up the new ResScan 4.3 and do not see any detail info like AHI, AI apnea events etc. I used to get all that with my S8 auto set.

G'day Chuck, welcome to the club. Unfortunately the Escape is a bare-bones machine which does not record any detailed data. The Elite and Autoset both give full data capability but the Escape does not.

I don't know your particulars, but if it is possible try to get rid of the escape and get an Elite or (preferably) an Autoset.

Edit: I see that you have replied while I was typing my response. Yes, try to dump the Escape and get something better. And take control of your treatment - it's your life at stake, not the DME's.

Is their any medical reason to have a set pressure instead of a range?
I had set the S8 autoset from 7 to 12 which worked fine. Sleep study has me fixed at 10.
Reason I got new sleep study and machine was that I needed a new mask and supplier would not sell it without a new prescription.
(03-08-2014, 09:33 AM)chuck taylor Wrote: Reason I got new sleep study and machine was that I needed a new mask and supplier would not sell it without a new prescription.

Where are you located, Chuck? I never heard of a DME ordering a new sleep study just because you wanted to change your head-gear. If your in the US, your sleep doc could have supplied you with a script for a mask of your choice.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
(03-08-2014, 09:33 AM)chuck taylor Wrote: Is their any medical reason to have a set pressure instead of a range?

I think it's an issue of comfort. As long as your set pressure of 10 is not so high that it bothers you, then there's no reason to have an auto-CPAP with a range of pressures.

If your pressure is so high that it's uncomfortable, causing for example aerophagia, then an auto-CPAP with a range of pressures would allow you to spend more time at lower pressures, thus providing some relief.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
First time poster here. I have had the ResMed S9 AutoSet for two days now. I downloaded the ResScan but it tells me there are no communication drivers loaded so I can not download my SD card. I can see the SD card with Windows Explorer and see that there are files there but can not access them with Res Scan. Do I have to download drivers or do I need a special ResMed SD reader?
(03-10-2014, 02:25 PM)scubadown Wrote: Do I have to download drivers or do I need a special ResMed SD reader?
You don,t need any special card reader, you computer might have an SD card slot

I does and I can see the files are there. But on ResScan the download button is grayed out.
Thanks
Great tool and thanks for the work around on the software that should be given to all users when they buy the machine. its our body not theirs.
we could send the info to the doctor before our visitSmile
This is error I get:

"Unable to detect device communications library.

The device communications library is required by ResScan to access data cards and devices.

Please reinstall ResScan to correct this problem. You will not be able to download data or configure device settings until this problem is corrected."

Any suggestions. I just have a standard SD card reader and Windows 7.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.