Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Hi All...new member.............of the board, not a new Hosen Head! I have the Resmed S9 Auto (got it a little over a year ago) love the machine is much quieter than my old one. I was interested in using the ResScan software to keep track of my information (Dr. Won't really tell you anything much except ..yep your complient, seems to be of benefit to ya..thanks that'll be 40 bucks for copay..see ya again in a couple of months.
Not really what I want or need to see what the unit is doing for me. Buuuuutttt, I have a problem with the software (Experienced Windows 7 x64 and Computer User/Builder/Amatuer IT type user here).
Software installs smoothly no hiccups, DIDN'T install the proprietary drivers, have a fully function card reader (have used it several times), Software recognizes card, reads the machine settings data just fine, Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttt when I go to download (all data as everyone says) or even just download a compliance report or any single report, I get the messages immediately....error downloading......boom that's it, nada have restarted software, reinserted card (one that came with machine and was just read by Dr. 2 weeks ago), I did insert the card with it locked by the way. But I have tried about every angle to get it to read.

Now I can bring the card up in Win Explorer no problem, read the raw files with notepad (shame it's all goobly gook hex), work with the files, copy, etc.
I even tried running the Software in Win XP SP3 mode....no go. File was approx 123 meg or so....seems this is about the right size, didn't have any problems downloading on my fiber to the house 6gb line, just a minute or so to download.

I'm up for some help here.....PS this is ver 4.3 too.
It's got this Tiger by the tail and yanking real hard.

Any suggestions?
Hi saytar
Did you create new patient file?

As an alternative, you can also download SleeyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software
(07-22-2014, 05:32 AM)zonk Wrote: Hi saytar
Did you create new patient file?

As an alternative, you can also download SleeyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

That is critical. And 'open' the patient file (whatever name you gave it) in resscan before clicking the download icon.

If not that, it is a puzzling problem.
(07-22-2014, 04:25 AM)saytar Wrote: Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttt when I go to download (all data as everyone says) or even just download a compliance report or any single report, I get the messages immediately....error downloading......boom that's it,

Sounds like a munged up data card. Probably has a corrupt file in there somewhere causing ResScan to choke. This is not a common problem but it sounds like you've been using the card for a year and the doctor has downloaded from it several times. Lots of chances there for something to go wrong.

I would get a new card and start with a new patient name in ResScan.

I would also install SleepyHead and see if it can read your card. It's better software anyway.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Do I need special hardware to read the SD Card?

Thinking-about
(07-23-2014, 05:09 PM)rixcomp Wrote: Do I need special hardware to read the SD Card?

Thinking-about
What machine are you using?
If the machine uses an SD card, you only need card reader
Some computers have built-in SD card slot

Welcome
(07-23-2014, 05:09 PM)rixcomp Wrote: Do I need special hardware to read the SD Card?

Not if your computer has a built-in SD card reader slot.
If not, You will have to buy a card reader.
(04-21-2014, 03:39 PM)Shy Di Wrote: I downloaded the software, checked file size, installed, and it won't launch. I keep getting a "pure virtual function called" error. Reinstalled, repaired, and ran as administrator and still no luck. has anyone else experienced and found a fix for this problem?

I was getting the "pure virtual function called" error also. I am running Win7 x64. I was able to get ResScan 4.3 working by running the program in compatibility mode, "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" . Worked on both my Desktop and Laptop running Win7 x64.
Have you tried re-downloading the installer? I currently run it on a windows 7 laptop (32 bit with built in card reader) and a windows 7 desktop (64 bit with plug in cheapo usb card reader) and it's all working well without having to configure any compatibility settings.

Like ttbr83 says, you could right click on it and select troubleshoot to see if compatibility settings helps you. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the 64bit installations might need compatibility settings to work.
(07-27-2014, 09:03 AM)TheBigUnit Wrote: [Snip] I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the 64bit installations might need compatibility settings to work.

ResScan 4.3 works well for me on Win 7 64 (and an old laptop Win xp with 2 gig RAM) without any compatibility settings.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.