Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16-SP1)
Hi everyone! I downloaded ResScan last night and downloaded my data into it. Everything looked fine but I failed to find a compelling reason to keep it when SleepyHead is easier to navigate, takes up less room on my computer and provides the same information. It's gone!!
(04-23-2012, 09:27 AM)Suzjohnson Wrote: Hi everyone! I downloaded ResScan last night and downloaded my data into it. Everything looked fine but I failed to find a compelling reason to keep it when SleepyHead is easier to navigate, takes up less room on my computer and provides the same information. It's gone!!

welcome to the forum.

i don't use resmed so mine are encore viewer and sleepyhead. it's good to have both programs because mine are slightly different. its good to view both to keep everything in perspective.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
(04-23-2012, 09:27 AM)Suzjohnson Wrote: Hi everyone! I downloaded ResScan last night and downloaded my data into it. Everything looked fine but I failed to find a compelling reason to keep it when SleepyHead is easier to navigate, takes up less room on my computer and provides the same information. It's gone!!

One major difference is that with SleepyHead, you can only read your data... on ResScan, you can read your data, plus make user & clinician setting changes right from within the software.

Some find it much easier to do the setting changes in the software, rather than navigate through all the clinician setup options on the S9 unit itself.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I use both Sleepyhead and ResScan software. Sleepyhead is great but it is still considered in beta format and there are some bugs in it. Keep an eye on your usage hours as on mine, it likes to insert duplicate sessions which can skew your results, showing me sleeping twice as long as I actually do. Another reason to keep ResScan is that if you have to report compliance to an insurance company or medical provider, Jedimark at Sleepyhead says that his software is for informational purposes only and may not be acceptable for compliance reporting purposes.

Welcome to the ApneaBoard Forums!!!
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
(04-23-2012, 09:42 AM)greatunclebill Wrote: welcome to the forum.

i don't use resmed so mine are encore viewer and sleepyhead. it's good to have both programs because mine are slightly different. its good to view both to keep everything in perspective.

Thanks I appreciate your "welcome"! I agree with you that having two programs is a good idea so I will be looking for something to use in addition to SleepyHead. My little, ole laptop got massive indigestion with the ResScan installed so if I invest in the Zeo and/or a pulse ox, that info may allow me to forego another software program to monitor the machine data. Decisions, decisions...

SuperSleeper: You make a good point. I didn't realize I would be able to change machine settings through the software. Neat trick! I've made notes on how to get to those through the machine menu and didn't find it too daunting, fortunately. Shy
(04-23-2012, 10:04 AM)b360155 Wrote: I use both Sleepyhead and ResScan software. Sleepyhead is great but it is still considered in beta format and there are some bugs in it. Keep an eye on your usage hours as on mine, it likes to insert duplicate sessions which can skew your results, showing me sleeping twice as long as I actually do. Another reason to keep ResScan is that if you have to report compliance to an insurance company or medical provider, Jedimark at Sleepyhead says that his software is for informational purposes only and may not be acceptable for compliance reporting purposes.

Welcome to the ApneaBoard Forums!!!

Thanks!
Based on what the DME said, my compliance reporting will be based solely on what the little data card says, not on reports I generate so I look at the analytical software as for my use in monitoring the efficacy of the therapy. I'm supposed to take the data card to the DME, he reads it and forwards the report to the sleep doc. If I have any questions or concerns, I will print out appropriate graphs, etc. and go over them at my next appt.
(04-23-2012, 08:36 AM)Surly Wrote: cloutpi,

From what I can see Supplier #13 has the S8 data card reader in stock and ships internationally.

Thanks for the lead, but it looks like they don't ship that particular product out of the country.
(04-23-2012, 07:46 PM)cloutpi Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 08:36 AM)Surly Wrote: cloutpi,

From what I can see Supplier #13 has the S8 data card reader in stock and ships internationally.

Thanks for the lead, but it looks like they don't ship that particular product out of the country.

go to the commercial posts section and read the post titled "buying a machine?". it explains how to get around that.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
I just wanted to say 'thank you' for this effort Thanks

It is great that the internet brought us self-empowerment, whereas most of the doctors and DME's obviously only strive to make us dependent on them --- for their own benefit (be that financially, or feeling important, or whatever Dont-know).

So: thank you Dancing

Could I ask a small question? I think that I've read somewhere (this forum?) that if you insert the SD-card into your PC's card reader in order to access the data with ResScan, the software will transfer the data to the PC and at the same time will delete it from the SD-card. Is this correct?

Since I just got an Sp Elite on trial from my doctor, I want to see the data here on my PC, but of course, next week the doctor wants to see how we did and so I will need to go to him with the machine and card - the card should still have the data of all week, of course.

Could anybody tell me if the data gets deleted or not, and if it does, if there is a way around it to prevent that?

Thank you in advance Smile

PS Once I get it all working I will donate to this board for the good cause Dancing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 85 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,334 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.