Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
(08-19-2014, 04:36 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Can 5.1 be installed "on top of" 4.5?

If we do that, will 5.1 autmatically "see" the data saved running 4.5?

Yes.

and

Yes.
Is the location of the zip file for 5.1 critical when you unzip it. Does one need to identify a specific zip target file or is there an installer inside the zip file?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(08-20-2014, 12:28 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Is the location of the zip file for 5.1 critical when you unzip it. Does one need to identify a specific zip target file or is there an installer inside the zip file?

Just did it. Yes, there is an installer inside the zip. You need to unzip it anywhere, find the setup.exe file and run that. Remember to NOT SELECT the drivers for install if you already have a working SD card reader.

I just tried running the ResScan installation software and it failed with a message "Key not valid for use in specified state." I had selected complete install (the default) and did not check any of the three boxes.

this was version 5.1.xxxx

any ideas? Im on a win 8.1 64 bit machine.
(08-21-2014, 02:34 PM)Chiphines Wrote: I just tried running the ResScan installation software and it failed with a message "Key not valid for use in specified state."

Try right-clicking on the file and then select "run as administrator".

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Loaded the 5.1 version on my HP Elitepad and my laptop. both work fine with my S8 VPAP Auto 25 old S8 datacard which is a real surprise as it was very iffy with the old version.
ResScan Software
Have been using Res Scan software for a while, but it now will not start and says tit is looking for a communications device library. Cannot find my original installation file. Any way I can find file it is missing and where it belongs? Sent email as per instructions on this forum foe obtaining Res Scan software, no answer at all.
Any help would be great.
RE: ResScan Software
Hi Topster10,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use the ResScan software but there are plenty of people here who do, so hang in there, someone will be along soon to help.
Best of luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
RE: ResScan Software
NOTE: If you do not receive an email response within 10 minutes, try sending your request from a different email account.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
My only problem was the email from the gmail account with the link to the software was trapped by the spam filters for both my work and personal email servers. I tried to email a 3rd time from a disused gmail account I have and that worked fine. On 64-bit Win7 Pro, the software installed and the application works just fine. My laptop has an SD flash card slot and that worked perfectly. ResMed S9 Autoset. One night now under my belt and I can now access the data to see how I'm doing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.