Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
I've downloaded the ResScan software again and found that the only way everything works is if I launch to program by right-clicking and selecting "run as administrator". It's manageable but I shouldn't have to do that. If I don't run as administrator, the old 3.16 version is what comes up and none of my patient information is available, nor does it recognize my AirCurve data card. Whacky...but again, it's manageable.
(01-09-2015, 03:14 PM)SleepingDVader Wrote: ... Do I have to open this program as administrator every time I launch it for it to work??

Normally, no. But some people seem to have to. I would try it without setting to run admin, but change it if there is an issue.

Yeah I guess so. It's only an extra two clicks of the mouse so it's really not a big deal at all. Just like it better when programs work as they should. BTW...I couldn't get ResScan V5.1 to work at all as far as being able to download data from the AirCurve 10. Had to get V5.2 to get it to interrogate the SD card. Same sort of problem with Sleepyhead...had to go to the test version of that to get it working. Must be my computer. Appreciate your help...all the best.
(01-10-2015, 09:57 AM)SleepingDVader Wrote: If I don't run as administrator, the old 3.16 version is what comes up and none of my patient information is available, nor does it recognize my AirCurve data card.

Hi SleepingDVader,

Normally, installation of a new version of ResScan automatically uninstalls the old version. Sounds like this process was/is not working correctly on your computer.

I'm no expert on Windows quirks, so don't try this on my say-so, but I'd guess another thing which could be tried would be that perhaps if all ResScan versions are uninstalled (after regular bootup and login, and again after bootup and login as administrator?) and, then, after deleting all old ResScan desktop shortcuts and any remaining Start Menu entries for ResScan, and, then, if version 5.2 is installed (first as regular user and, if program doesn't work as desired after installation as regular user, then uninstalling, rebooting and installing as administrator?), perhaps this would eliminate the need to run the program every time as administrator?

Or, perhaps some manual cleanup of the Windows Registry may be needed after all versions have been uninstalled? I've heard that only Windows experts should attempt to manually edit the Windows Registry. Windows is way too strange for me to try to debug installation issues.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(11-30-2014, 05:23 PM)vianite Wrote:
(11-30-2014, 02:32 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Uninstall the version you have. Request it again. Then install it again. Make sure you follow the directions EXACTLY.
OK will do thanks.

Hi vianite,

Always be cautious and look carefully at the web page before downloading.

Sometimes ads have a big DOWNLOAD NOW button, hoping to trick you into downloading their malware instead of the program you want.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
I downloaded software but can not use as it says I need to have also downloaded Device Communication library. Can anyone please advise where I may have gone wrong?
Hello group!
I am a fairly experienced CPAP user going on my 8th year. I downloaded the ResScan Software, but now am wondering what additional information it will provide.
Here is my DME profile;
Resmed Elite S8
Humidaire 3i
Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask
Pressure 11cm

I currently can access the following information from the machine readout in increments of 1) Daily, 2) Weekly, 3) Monthly, 4)Yearly.
Pressure
Leak
HI
AI
AHI
Used Hours
Usage

I do have the Clinician access.
My S8 does have the Data Card Module but I don't have a data card or reader, so would have to purchase those two items.

Will the financial outlay to buy the data card and reader buy me anything worthwhile that I cannot already get directly from the CPAP?
I am trying to print a compliance report for the first time for my new Dr. Everytime it does 30 days from 2013 and there doesn't seem anyway to change it. Why doesn't it show my most recent January of 2015 for the 30 day compliance report?
(01-14-2015, 01:07 AM)animateau Wrote: I downloaded software but can not use as it says I need to have also downloaded Device Communication library. Can anyone please advise where I may have gone wrong?

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed itself. I got the same message the first time.Smile
The report generator is a little awkward but works well. The first thing that you need to do is click on report. It will bring up what is has been bringing up. on the right at the top is a menu. Select customize and set up what data you want in the report. Then close the report. Generally, the docs only want the statistics. If you run the report for all the options available, have plenty of paper ready.

Go to the "Browser" - the column on the left that has the dates. Click on the most recent date you want on the report then scroll down to the first date you want on the report and hold down the shift key while you click on the first date. This should highlight all of the dates in between.

Now run the report. It should contain the data and dates that you want. There may be a better way but that is what I found through trial and error.

Best regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(01-14-2015, 12:47 PM)ICamel Wrote: My S8 does have the Data Card Module but I don't have a data card or reader, so would have to purchase those two items.

Will the financial outlay to buy the data card and reader buy me anything worthwhile that I cannot already get directly from the CPAP?

Hi ICamel, welcome to Apnea Board.

With the ResMed S8 proprietary "smart card" and its proprietary card reader you would only be able to see when each "event" happened in time, the Leak as a function of time, and the Pressure as a function of time (except, on your machine Pressure is fixed) .

As far as optimizing your therapy, I think these waveforms would not give you enough additional information above what you already have from the machine itself to warrant the additional investment in the proprietary card reader and proprietary card. (However, if you already had the S8 AutoSet instead of the S8 Elite, I think it might be worth the money to some patients.)

An Auto CPAP is more useful, in my view, because it can be used in fixed pressure mode, and it can also occasionally be put in auto-titrating mode to check whether the pressure is too high or too low. Or, it can be left in auto mode all the time. By observing the pressure variations throughout the night, a lot of insight is gained.

Also, for some, it is important that the machine distinguish Central Apneas from Obstructive Apneas, and only a newer model would be able to do that.

I suggest it may be better to save your money toward an S9 AutoSet, an A10 AutoSet For Her, or a Philips Respironics System One (series 60) Auto or BiPAP Auto with heated Tube, or the like.

Here is a link with equipment recommendations:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

To get an idea of pricing, I suggest referring to Supplier #2. (A link to the Supplier List is at top of all forum pages.)

If you happen to have any questions about equipment choices, I would suggest starting a new thread.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,254 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 62 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 146 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 321 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 328 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 189 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 587 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.