Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Data
ResScan Data
I'm new to ResMed and ResScan. Where is the data kept with ResScan and can it be moved to an easily backed up location?
Thanks.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan Data
(12-05-2017, 09:00 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: I'm new to ResMed and ResScan. Where is the data kept with ResScan and can it be moved to an easily backed up location?
Thanks.

I have never found a way to change directories within the ResScan process with the exception of the program directory upon installation.

In Windows (10), my ResMed data resides in C:\Users\PublicDocuments\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients which is a convenient subdirectory because it is available to all users -- especially those who use different logons to protected accounts in a clinical environment.

If you wish to backup a single user, you will find the folder under your profile name in the Patient's directory in the format of LastNameFirstName.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect srlevine1, thank you.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 12:05 AM)mikeh99 Wrote: Perfect srlevine1, thank you.

You are most welcome.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello[b] srlevine1[/b]

You say you are using ResScan on a computer running Win10!
How did you manage to run ResScan 8.2 in Windows 10?

I have tried several "smart" ways to be able to run it, but whatever I do, I get the same error when starting the program:
I encountered a pop up box  saying "Pure virtual function call"! and then the program shuts down.
I have posted the problem on Apnea Board, but I have not received a good answer.
Do you have any suggestion for solving this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi terjello. I'm using ResScan 5.8 that I got here on the forum. Seems to work fine on Win 10.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 11:27 PM)terjello Wrote: Hello[b] srlevine1[/b]

You say you are using ResScan on a computer running Win10!
How did you manage to run ResScan 8.2 in Windows 10?

I have tried several "smart" ways to be able to run it, but whatever I do, I get the same error when starting the program:
I encountered a pop up box  saying "Pure virtual function call"! and then the program shuts down.
I have posted the problem on Apnea Board, but I have not received a good answer.
Do you have any suggestion for solving this problem?
1. Yes, I am running ResScan Version 5.8.0.9556 on Windows 10 (Pro - Creators Edition - Fall Distribution) 
2. I do not have 5.8.2. 
3. The most likely origin of the error is a call to a corrupt or wrong version dll and you may wish to remove the program and attempt to reinstall. In some cases, troubleshooting can involve cleaning registry entries and the SXS folder -- which is beyond the capabilities of casual computer users. 
You may wish to check your disk for corruption and verify some of the base windows code using sfc /scannow in a command window. 

4.  I am not familiar with "smart" ways to run the program.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I just installed 5.9.0.9629 ResScan onto my Windows 10. Works same as 5.8.??? One of my logins gives the error mentioned and the other works fine. "Pure Virtual Function Call" being the error. It works as expected somewhere on the PC and that's all that matters over here.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,
          Why is your print so small all the time?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2017, 04:05 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Dave,
          Why is your print so small all the time?

No clue really. The prior post was Georgia font in size 3. This current one is whatever is default.

PS I know I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not trying to get everyone to read the fine print.

BTW any can respond: is my post font OK now or not? Somehow, my posts are small fonted according to others which I was not aware of. I cannot pinpoint the issue as in if it's the PC I am using now or the phone I normally use.

(Phone) sorry mikeh99 for hijacking...

thanks,
Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.