Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Data Download Problem
ResScan Data Download Problem
Howdy! I'm new to the board but not to CPAP. After 5 years on CPAP I just switched to a ResMed S9 AutoSet, partially due to the software. Well, I downloaded the ResScan software (3.16) but I can't get it to see my SD card and download the data.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and making sure I didn't install the ResScan drivers but no luck. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I also get a pop-up window whenever I run ResScan with the title "_ASSERTE:" and the text of "intf!=0 @ C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\..\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868
Press [Y]es to terminate, [N]o to continue and [C]ancel to Debug"
It doesn't seem to matter what I choose, ResScan starts but I can't see the SD card.

I thought I saw somewhere that an older version of ResScan might work for me but I don't know where to get it.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan Data Download Problem
(03-14-2012, 09:38 PM)mjholdeman Wrote: I thought I saw somewhere that an older version of ResScan might work for me but I don't know where to get it.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Hi mjholdeman, welcome!

All you have to do to download previous versions of ResScan is to change the 3.16 at the end of the download link to whatever version you want (like 3.14 for instance). It will take you to the download site for that particular version... the link stays the same for each version except for the 14 changing to 16 at the end of the URL.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan Data Download
Can someone give me the download link for Resscan software, I have the same problem with V 3.16. cannot see the SD card or USB despite installing drivers
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope people are aware that they must back-up their data before installing a newer version of ResScan. I just updated mine from 3.14 - 3.16. and all my data was scrubbed, but as I use a data card I still had all my data on there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2012, 06:30 AM)jacquesduff Wrote: Can someone give me the download link for Resscan software, I have the same problem with V 3.16. cannot see the SD card or USB despite installing drivers

We can't post the link publicly, (because it's one of ResMed's "private links" - primarily for Clinicians and we don't want to risk them taking down the link-- preventing us "regular folk" from using it), but directions for how to obtain the free ResScan software are in our Private Files & Links forum: (CLICK HERE)

You'll need to be logged into your Apnea Board account. Look for the ResScan thread in that forum, follow directions and you'll get the link sent to you within 5 minutes, even if you've already requested it via this method before.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2012, 06:30 AM)jacquesduff Wrote: Can someone give me the download link for Resscan software, I have the same problem with V 3.16. cannot see the SD card or USB despite installing drivers

Do NOT install the drivers.
That by itself may be your problems.
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
[/quote]

Hi mjholdeman, welcome!

All you have to do to download previous versions of ResScan is to change the 3.16 at the end of the download link to whatever version you want (like 3.14 for instance). It will take you to the download site for that particular version... the link stays the same for each version except for the 14 changing to 16 at the end of the URL.

Coffee
[/quote]

Thanks, but I must be slow (lack of sleep?), the link sent to me takes me to a registration page. After I fill that out I go to another page with a link to the download but I can't see the address it's pointing to. The link shows as a JavaScript:doDL function call. I don't see a place to replace the 16 with a 14.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2012, 08:38 PM)mjholdeman Wrote: Thanks, but I must be slow (lack of sleep?), the link sent to me takes me to a registration page. After I fill that out I go to another page with a link to the download but I can't see the address it's pointing to. The link shows as a JavaScript:doDL function call. I don't see a place to replace the 16 with a 14.
Thanks again.

You don't look on the page itself for the web address... once you're on the registration page (before you fill out any info), it's up at the top of your web browser - like at the top of this page window, in your browser, you'll see it starting with http://www.apneaboard.com/forum.... etc. Go to the end of that address and change the numbers to whatever version you want, then hit your enter key on your keyboard.

Let me know if it works, okay?

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem, After running ResScan wait for 2-3 minuts. Then Install the USB card reader with data card installed. Please Make sure the lock is kept in unlock position.

FlashPath card reader
If using the FlashPath card reader, activate it by right-clicking the icon at the bottom of your computer screen. Turn on `Check A:/B: for card data'. You will be able to hear the drive searching for data if a disk with data is not inserted.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have this same issue:
> I run ResScan with the title "_ASSERTE:" and the text of "intf!=0 @ C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\..\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868
Press [Y]es to terminate, [N]o to continue and [C]ancel to Debug"
It doesn't seem to matter what I choose, ResScan starts but I can't see the SD card.

I can see the card mounted as L:
I can look at the drive and it shows two folders and 4 files:

DATALOG
SETTINGS
Identification.crc
Identification.tgt
STR.crc
STR.edf

I just tried UNLOCKing the SD card and reinserting it and does not help. It still does not see the card in ResScan:

============================================
! There are NO devices available for downloading data

Connect a flow generator or data card and try again.

OK

Then it pops up a screen for Download data:

To begin downloading with the following details, simply press the
Start Download button.

Patient my name
Device [this is blank ]
Data All available data [Select]

Typical
Download [this is blank]
Times

[Start Download] [Close]

It lets me select the select key and I can specify the type of data.

But I can not select the [Start Download] button as it is grayed out.
I assume that is becausee it never found the SD card data.
I can only press the [Close] button.

So my questions:

1) if I just want to read a SD card from a S9 autoset do I need any of those ResMed Drivers during the install?

2) Why am I getting the Assert error?:
_ASSERTE:
? intf !=0 @
CTongueROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\...\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868

3) is there a way to just copy the stuff on the SD card to some location in
c:\program files\ResMed\ so that the ResScan program can see them
and use them as if they were already downloaded?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 88 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.