Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chip or No Chip, that is the question?
Chip or No Chip, that is the question?
Hi,
Last night was my fifth night on my AirCurve 10 ASV. My AHI has been in the ones for most of the time so imagine my horror when I looked at the clinical report on the machine and it said 5.8. I thought "let's look at this on SleepyHead" to see where the issues were. I opened the dock to get the SD Chip and lo and behold I had forgotten to put it in last night. Stupid of me.
I researched this on Apnea Board and found that id I put the chip back in it would retrieve the basic data. I did as instructed and brought the chip to my computer to see what SH said. There were no daily graphs BUT there was an AHI, and guess what it was; 1.18 - Hypop 1.1 and OAs 0.08. Just a quick edit - The hours were the same on both.
I know which one I want to believe but which one should I believe?
Thanks in advance.
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chip or No Chip, that is the question?
Some simple arithmetic will give you the answer. AHI = events / hrs. So if you slept 8 hours and your AHI was 5.8 you would have about 64 events for the night. If AHI was 1.18 you would have had 9 events (if my mental arithmetic is not too rusty).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much Deep Breathing = but I don't know which number to believe. Which would you say is correct 1.18 or 5.8?
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2016, 11:33 AM)DonC Wrote: Thanks very much Deep Breathing = but I don't know which number to believe. Which would you say is correct 1.18 or 5.8?
Don

they're probably both right, depending on when you looked at the screen on the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2016, 11:33 AM)DonC Wrote: Thanks very much Deep Breathing = but I don't know which number to believe. Which would you say is correct 1.18 or 5.8?
Don

Ok I didn't make myself abundantly clear, no doubt cos I was tired when I posted. Sleepyhead will give you the number of events recorded. I'm going from memory here, so forgive me if the details aren't exactly right: Open the "Events" tab just above the bar chart. You will see a summary of each kind of event. Add the apneas and hypopneas and the answer will be close to 9 or 44. Divide that by the number of hours you slept and the true answer will be revealed.

If you have ResScan you can double-check with that. The answer should be very similar to what SH gives you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reading chip with EncorePro 2.2 RLSdss 2 2,122 10-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BAZZA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.