Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Oximeter software
RE: Need Oximeter software
Hello Red,
After I moved the "missing" MSVCR120.dll file to the folder containing the program executable and then tried to launch the program, the error I received was different from the 1st error. This time it was a general error stating the program failed to start (nothing about any missing files) and gave an error code (which I don't remember). I suspect the executable found the MSVCR120 file and then something else went wrong. It has been my experience in the past that when a program tries to find a needed file it looks first in its own folder and then it looks in the folders that have system pre-defined paths. At least that's how it worked when (years ago) I was programming C/C++ (Borland compiler). I don't know if Microsoft does it differently (I would not think so).

I've already removed the earlier SleepyHead software from my computer and reinstalled the current version so I don't wish to repeat the cycle:
Delete current SleepyHead-->Install old SleepyHead-->Test-->Delete old SleepyHead-->Install current SleepyHead

I think I have spent enough time trying to get this feature to work. I think the SleepyHead programmers have a code problem that needs some work. I suspect the programmers who created this software have already spent an enormous amount of their lives getting the SleepyHead software to work as well as it does work. Maybe they've burned out just as I burned out several years ago with my own programming projects (which were much simpler).

Thank you for your suggestions and help. I think I've learned something positive about the SleepyHead program in the process.
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Oximeter software
I think I figured out why I have been unable to import my oximeter data into SleepyHead and have it show up in the proper day's data summaries.

Since I always go to bed sometime between 0200 & 0400, I think SleepyHead expects the CPAP + Oximetry test subject to go to bed sometime before midnight. SleepyHead (probably) therefore interprets my oximetry data as belonging in the previous day's data and not the current day I actually ran the oximetry data.

I tried to import my oximetry data some more times this afternoon and after several tries I came to the above conclusion.

FYI, Tubaman
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 147 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,408 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 612 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.