Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can Anyone Help A Computer (Nearly) Illiterate?
Can Anyone Help A Computer (Nearly) Illiterate?
Hi All You Smart People!

I have a confession--I downloaded Oscar to my (now broken) laptop when I was first diagnosed and found this forum.  I bought a thingy cord so I could get the SD (?) card to talk to it, but never figured out how to get the card out.  Fast forward 3 years or so, I was doing well on CPAP therapy until I wasn't. I have 3 different face masks I alternate with (will update if I can remember how) and barely sleeping and am SO tired.

I am considering buying a used chromebook for my kids in case in person learning doesn't last long, but don't know if that would let me transfer data from my Resmed. Does anyone know? Also, would anyone be willing to walk me thru getting the data in a chart so I could post here?

I have an appointment with a new sleep doctor, but not til August (last 2 sucked).  I went to a store and bought a FFM Fisher & Paytel FlexiFit 431 and got a new ResMed F30i (under the nose one).  I am taking them off after about 1-2 hours for the past 6 months and I cannot find words for how tired I feel.

Y'all might be my only hope.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can Anyone Help A Computer (Nearly) Illiterate?
I’m sorry no one has answered you. I do not think the crime book and OSCAR WILL WORK. NEITHER WILL AN I PAD. Any Mac or pc should work with a card reader either built in or usb and of course internet. If you can get those you should be fine. You do NOT need a state of the art machine. You might put in an app like next door .org craigS list asking if some one has an old computer to get rid of. Old ones can’t be just put into the trash. They must be recycle at a cost to the person getting rid of it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
For OSCAR to work on a Chromebook, it must be a version of Chromebook that supports Crostini, also called Linux (Beta) and must have an Intel or AMD processor.  You can find a list of older models that support Crostini here, but we have not tested any of them so there is some risk that even if listed they may not work.  If you buy a used Chromebook, make sure it has an Intel or AMD processor and at least it is on that list; older models probably will not work.  Newer Chromebooks (introduced in 2019 or later) should support Crostini, but you should check to be sure.

You can install OSCAR on a Chromebook, but it is best done by someone familiar with Linux. The next release of OSCAR will have improved Chromebook support, but installation will not be as easy as it is on a Windows system. 

As far as removing the SD card from the machine, the traditional method should work:  press the SD card in further and it will pop out.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where in the CPAP does the card go in lol?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2020, 02:54 PM)PerChancetoDream Wrote: Where in the CPAP does the card go in lol?

On the left side of the machine, there are three flaps you can open.  The top one towards the front has a little blue thing on the edge to help you open the flap.  The SD card slot is behind that flap.  Any SD card of 2GB - 32GB will work.  Do not use a larger capacity card; it won't work.

This should also be in your user manual for the machine.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Facing your AS10, look at the upper left side. You will see a little flap door. It will open from the front, where the tab is located.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Image example of the SD card slot and door FWIW...

[Image: FSHVljA.png]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You, SD! That is a perfect shot of the SD card slot.

Saved for future use!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay enjoy it, it was on Dr. Google's office site somewhere...it's not my ASV's silver vs black CPAP
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 546 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 557 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 901 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Running 2 Oscar on same computer DanEm 8 720 01-20-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: DanEm
  New Computer Graphics Problem txrpls 9 820 10-01-2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question macOS "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer." rolltide 5 1,649 05-18-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: rolltide

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.