Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Device not Connected?
ResScan Device not Connected?
Hi!  I am new at this.  I want to download the Compliance/Therapy report from my CPAP (ResMEd AirSense 10 AutoSet) so I downloaded and instaled ResScan Software.  However, even though I have set up my CPAP serial number in my settings/profile, when I try to download the software tells me that "No Device Available" and "connect a flow generator or data card and try again".  How do I connect my CPAP to the computer?  This CPAP is connected to the web already (it is my understanding).  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan Device not Connected?
Hi Gariazzo!  -  Welcome

ResScan only reads the SD card used in your Resmed.  You will need to remove it from your AS10 and insert in your computer's SD card reader.  Remember to return it back to your AS10 when your finished analyzing your data.  It is very easy to forget this step.  Of course, you will realize it the next morning.  If by chance you do forget, you will only get summary data for the day(s) that the card isn't in the AS10.  It only records detailed data with it inserted.  

Also, I hope you followed the instructions and didn't select any of the additional device options during the ResScan install.  If so, expect problems down the road.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your prompt response.  Unfortunately, my CPAP machine (ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet) does not have a SD card (I double checked) since every morning it send all the data to MyAir.  The machine will store data for only 1 month but no SD card.  So, whenever I want a compliance report, I go to the Medical Plus Supplies and they do it from MyAir.  Now, I can get a "reduce" report from MyAir but it does not have all the information (like air pressure) that the report Medical Plus can get.  Whenever I ask for a compliance report, the secretary at the other end of the line tells me that she has to download it from the machine and is only 30 days long.  MyAir will have information up to a year long.  In conclusion, I believe there is no way for me to get the detailed report (like the one the doctor gets) other than paying Medical plus for it.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gariazzo,
Many ResMed machines have been shipped without SD cards.  You can ask your DME for one or just buy one yourself.  Buy one from 2GB up to 32GB.  They are not expensive.  

The fact that your data is being reported to MyAir has nothing to do with the Cpap writing data to the SD card.
It is separate from MyAir.  

The SD card must be in the Cpap while you are sleeping.  Once you have the card, download OSCAR software
to see detailed data.  You can see many OSCAR charts that are posted by others here in the forums and what is detailed.

You can also download ResScan software for your own use.  The link is in the Private File and Links Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now that you supplied additional details, please follow OpalRoses's advice.   ResScan is a very terse program to analyze and I highly recommend OSCAR instead.  It is free and can be downloaded either from the link, embedded in the name, or from the link at the top of each page on the forum. About the only time you need to use ResScan is when you have to furnish reports to a governmental authority to maintain your specific certificate issued by them.  These may include aircraft or commercial vehicle type of licenses.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 224 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.