Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan: Has it been confirmed (discard/overwrite)?
ResScan: Has it been confirmed (discard/overwrite)?
Has it been confirmed that the new versions of ResScan do not erase detailed data from "old" days in the computer when "Overwrite" is selected at download time?

Beginning with what version?

This is referring to the (previous?) situation where detailed data in the computer for days older than 5? 7? were replaced with data files NOT containing the detailed data if "overwrite" was selected--thus "erasing" that data from one's computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan: Has it been confirmed (discard/overwrite)?
Hi jcarerra

I have not downloaded the new version but I recall once selected "overwrite" and lost the flow data graphs of previous sessions
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 04:44 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi jcarerra

I have not downloaded the new version but I recall once selected "overwrite" and lost the flow data graphs of previous sessions

Yes but I saw two posts from people who said overwrite DID NOT remove existing data with version 4.1 and 5.something. What was your version when you did lose it?

If this is true (new versions don't erase it), I'd like to determine what versions are "OK".

Post Reply Post Reply
I have version 5.3.0.8936 which I think is the current version.

Using the overwrite option I still have all detailed graphs etc for the last 47 days. This includes data from two different machines, and three different SD cards.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new to this stuff so dumb question... why would you not just choose discard?

that's what I do. The old data doesn't change, so it only downloads the newest data and leaves the old data untouched on both the card and the computer.

I am able to click on previous dates and see the data all the way back to the day I started therapy.

Maybe there was another bug related to using the discard function as well?

saldus miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 04:53 PM)jcarerra Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 04:44 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi jcarerra

Yes but I saw two posts from people who said overwrite DID NOT remove existing data with version 4.1 and 5.something. What was your version when you did lose it?

If this is true (new versions don't erase it), I'd like to determine what versions are "OK".

I think was 3.16 version and the machine S9 AutoSet but now have AirSense 10 AutoSet and 5.1 version

Just did a quick download with the overwrite option and seem all the existing detailed data intact but did not save it and did another download with the discard option

One thing I know is that the AirSense 10 AutoSet SD card stores 30 days of detailed data and also 30 days of flow data
The S9 AutoSet SD card only stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 06:10 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: I'm new to this stuff so dumb question... why would you not just choose discard?

that's what I do. The old data doesn't change, so it only downloads the newest data and leaves the old data untouched on both the card and the computer.

I am able to click on previous dates and see the data all the way back to the day I started therapy.

Maybe there was another bug related to using the discard function as well?

You are right in that so long as you REMEMBER each and every time to click Discard, all it well. The problem is, it only takes ONE time of accidentally hitting Overwrite (if you have "a wrong" version of the program), to erase all of your past saved detailed data except the last five days on S9 machines.

Above is apart from whatever backup scheme you use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to CPAP and this software. However, at first glance it appears you can generate a detailed report for each day you download. This creates a pdf file which can be retrieved at any time. I think (but you guys will need to confirm) that by doing this it won't matter if you overwrite or discard - your data is always viewable in that saved report or am I missing something.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
sonicboom

Remember that pulling up the report to look at on the screen does not save it. You have to explicitly save the report if you want to keep it around.

So if you generate the daily report AND use "Save as.." to save it to a location outside of the folder where your ResScan data is stored, then you should always be able to access the saved daily reports using a pdf reader such as Acrobat no matter what ResScan does with the data files in its own folder.

Of course the one thing you can do within ResScan which you cannot do with a saved report pdf file is dynamically drill down into the data. That said, the saved report file has a lot of information in a very nice format to archive daily details. I hadn't really looked at ResScan reports before you brought it up.

This ResScan discard vs. overwrite issue seems to only apply to certain versions of the program and perhaps only to certain machines as well, but I am not aware of which program versions nor which machines are the ones at risk.

The safe option to choose when downloading each day's new data is "Discard" which means do not mess with existing daily data files and only add the new data coming off the SD card.

I have not tested the other option and don't have any desire to speak from experience regarding deleted data. Plenty of other people have already spoken with authority on this.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed. To be safe always download with discard option and "save as" for reports. Thanks for the feedback.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,324 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 370 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,613 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.