Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Install Problem
ResScan Install Problem
I recently downloaded the ResScan software (several versions) but get an error every time I try to install it. The error is "Error 1324. The path Example, Elis? 150 contains an invalid character." I get the same error no matter which version I try to install. Does anyone know what this means and how to solve it?

Regards,
Clif
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan Install Problem
Hi cglane3,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be able to help you soon .
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2013, 08:50 AM)cglane3 Wrote: I recently downloaded the ResScan software (several versions) but get an error every time I try to install it. The error is "Error 1324. The path Example, Elis? 150 contains an invalid character." I get the same error no matter which version I try to install. Does anyone know what this means and how to solve it?

Regards,
Clif

What OS are you using?
Let's pull out the manual and see what it says.
Doesn't list error numbers. So let's start with that.
Also, try installing the program in Administrator mode.
Sometimes that's all it takes.
Post Reply Post Reply
have you tried to download sleepyHead
SleepyHead supports the S9 and works with windows and Mac computers
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using a Windows 7 Home Premium machine.
I have not yet tried but will download and give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2013, 08:19 AM)cglane3 Wrote: I am using a Windows 7 Home Premium machine.
I have not yet tried but will download and give it a try.

Yeah that's what I use and ResScan works.
The following details do NOT mention Windoze 7 Home Premium but it works anyhow.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The following is directly from the ResMed website.
It mentions installation of the drivers but as you've been warned here, DON'T DO IT.

ResMed's install instructions:

Before you install ResScan, please ensure the following:
•You have Administrator privileges to the PC(s) you intend to install the software on.
•You have write access to the installation directory in order to run ResScan.
•ResScan can be installed on Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional 32 and 64 bit.
•If storing ResScan Patient Folders to a remote server or drive, you have write/read access to this location.
•You need to make sure that Internet Explorer 5.5 (or greater) has been installed on your computer.
•If you are unsure of any of these items, contact your computer administrator before proceeding.

Installation

Ensure that all other applications are closed before beginning ResScan installation.
1. After the download is complete, locate the file where it was saved.
2. Click on the file and open it to commence the software installation. The installation process will start automatically.
3. The install program prompts you through the installation process. Follow the instructions on the screen.
During installation, one of the dialogs asks you to choose a Complete or Custom installation. Choose Custom to change the installation directory from the default location.
During installation, a dialog will ask you whether you want to install the drivers for the ResScan USB Adapter (S9 devices), ResScan Data Card Reader (S8 devices) and ResMed USB Direct Connection (Stellar). This is the preferred method of installing the drivers if they are not already installed on your machine.
When the installation program has completed copying all the necessary files to your computer, the Installation Completed dialog box is displayed.
4.Click the Finish button to close the Installation Completed dialog box.
Note: Existing custom reports are not deleted during the upgrade.
5. Your computer may need to be restarted. If a dialog box advises you to restart, you must do so in order to have access to the ResScan software.

You will now be able to start ResScan using the ResScan icon on the desktop. If the icon is not available, start ResScan using the Windows Start menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:During installation, a dialog will ask you whether you want to install the drivers for the ResScan USB Adapter (S9 devices), ResScan Data Card Reader (S8 devices) and ResMed USB Direct Connection (Stellar). This is the preferred method of installing the drivers if they are not already installed on your machine.
When the installation program has completed copying all the necessary files to your computer, the Installation Completed dialog box is displayed.

DO NOT install these drivers. Removal of them after installation is nearly impossible. Your installation will not work.

Ugly, the instructions for downloading and installing the software are included in the email folks get when they request the software. Most of the instructions for the DMEs do not apply to us.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for the great information! I downloaded SleepyHead and it installed just fine and works great. I now just need to learn how to interpret all the data. I've been using my CPAP machine for just over a month now and it has provided no releif, in fact it has made my sleep pattern even worse. But I'll kepp plugging along to see if things improve over time.

Thanks again!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2013, 12:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
Quote:During installation, a dialog will ask you whether you want to install the drivers for the ResScan USB Adapter (S9 devices), ResScan Data Card Reader (S8 devices) and ResMed USB Direct Connection (Stellar). This is the preferred method of installing the drivers if they are not already installed on your machine.

DO NOT install these drivers. Removal of them after installation is nearly impossible. Your installation will not work.

Ugly, the instructions for downloading and installing the software are included in the email folks get when they request the software. Most of the instructions for the DMEs do not apply to us.

Perhaps, but installing the program as administrator was the point I wanted to suggest because it may make installing easier (or possible).
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2013, 06:33 PM)cglane3 Wrote: Thanks to all for the great information! I downloaded SleepyHead and it installed just fine and works great. I now just need to learn how to interpret all the data. I've been using my CPAP machine for just over a month now and it has provided no releif, in fact it has made my sleep pattern even worse. But I'll kepp plugging along to see if things improve over time.

If you have any questions, just ask.

The things I look for are the length of the events more than the actual number of them. Next I look at the leak rate. I think the rule of thumb is to keep it below 24mL. You can look up your mask's "intentional leak rate" which is the air coming out the vent hole. You can find that at the manufacturer's site. You want to keep the leak rate below that amount.

After that I look at the flow rate and the volume. Sometimes I look at snore but not as often as I used to.

You can filter out what you don't want to see. At the bottom right of the Daily screen is a drop down menu. It is black and green, it is visible. Click whatever you don't want to see and it changes to black and red.

Be sure to also check out terms at both Apnea Board's Wiki and SleepyHead's Wiki.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 135 21 minutes ago
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,256 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 63 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 149 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,261 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 323 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 330 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.