Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Issues
ResScan Issues
Hi all,
I downloaded and installed the ResScan software with no issues. Opened it, created my patient profile and downloaded the data (I did select ALL data).
Went to look at the data, but was only able to see partial data, just 2 graphs showing the AHI.

I tried to download the data again...the software downloads the first portion of the data (Summary), then goes to download the second portion (Detailed) and freezes. I tried that several times with the same result. The only way to exit the software at that time is to kill it from windows task manager.

Any help is appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan Issues
What OS are you using? Are there any other programs running at the same time as ResScan? What version of ResScan are you using - 3.16-SP1?

Also, although you selected All Data, did you save that as the default configuration? I early on experienced a problem where the software failed to download everything unless it was the default.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Other programs running: Yes
ResScan Version: 3.16.018 (downloaded from link provided on this forum)
Save default configuration: Yes

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2012, 09:34 AM)projman65 Wrote: OS: VISTA
Other programs running: Yes
ResScan Version: 3.16.018 (downloaded from link provided on this forum)
Save default configuration: Yes

Thanks.

Unfortunately, you are not the first to have serious problems when running Vista. I am sure you have already discovered that Vista is a rather buggy operating system. As far as I know, no one having problems with ResScan has been able to resolve them on that OS. Is it possible for you to use another machine, either WinXP or Win7? Or use a "virtual" machine, with one of those two OSs? Wish I could provide a better solution, but unfortunately I don't know of one. And I know next to nothing about Macs.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I have a laptop with windows 7. I'll try installing it on that and see what happens.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2012, 11:26 AM)projman65 Wrote: Yep, I have a laptop with windows 7. I'll try installing it on that and see what happens.

Thanks.

Be sure NOT to install the drivers the installation offers for you. Win7 has its own, and if you select their drivers, it WILL NOT WORK!

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you turn off your APAP before you removed the memory card? If not you corrupted some of the files. Once corrupted, the S-9 can't record all the data. Try reformatting the card if you think it may be corrupted.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2012, 12:57 PM)Cutter Wrote: Did you turn off your APAP before you removed the memory card? If not you corrupted some of the files. Once corrupted, the S-9 can't record all the data. Try reformatting the card if you think it may be corrupted.

Cutter,
The machine was off when I pulled the card out, but it was still plugged in to the power outlet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2012, 01:15 PM)projman65 Wrote: ....The machine was off when I pulled the card out, but it was still plugged in to the power outlet.

I also remove my card regularly with the machine in a dormant, but plugged in, state. No problems so far. I have earlier by accident also removed the card with the machine running. It can, as mentioned, corrupt files, but does not necessarily do so. In my case, it did not. However Cutter had a good point about formatting. I format my cards (I use two interchangeably) at least every 3-4 days to avoid the skew which may occur in ResScan data. ALWAYS use SD Formatter (v3.1 currently) to do any formatting, as it avoids all problems with other formatting systems, such as writing in prohibited areas. Just google it - it is free software by the SD organization.
Post Reply Post Reply
I installed ResScan on my laptop with win 7 and everything worked like a charm. However, when I downloaded the data, I found out the card had other data than just mine. So now my data is mixed in with someone else's. That also means the DME gave me a used machine. Is this something I should be concerned about and even complain to the DME about? I also checked the run time on the machine and it had 630 hours... I've only had the machine for a week.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,324 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 370 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 676 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,613 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.