Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Issues
RE: ResScan Issues
Greetings. Just signed on to new forum from old one. Just downloaded several months data from my S9. Upon looking at data it seems 5-6 past months show the Summary Only icon but this month so far show Summary/Detailed info icon next to the days in question. My earlier (last year) downloads have always shown Summary/Detailed info. No other changes made to software. Could this too be related to something as simple as forgetting to shange the clock to EST/DST.
Thank You.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 10:21 AM)Dpm708 Wrote: Greetings. Just signed on to new forum from old one. Just downloaded several months data from my S9. Upon looking at data it seems 5-6 past months show the Summary Only icon but this month so far show Summary/Detailed info icon next to the days in question. My earlier (last year) downloads have always shown Summary/Detailed info. No other changes made to software. Could this too be related to something as simple as forgetting to shange the clock to EST/DST.
Thank You.

welcome to the forum.

the s9 only holds so much data with full details. after that it's only the summary info. somebody with resmed will explain it better.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 10:15 AM)projman65 Wrote: I installed ResScan on my laptop with win 7 and everything worked like a charm. However, when I downloaded the data, I found out the card had other data than just mine. So now my data is mixed in with someone else's. That also means the DME gave me a used machine. Is this something I should be concerned about and even complain to the DME about? I also checked the run time on the machine and it had 630 hours... I've only had the machine for a week.

Thanks.

the dme sold you a used machine. first call your insurance and see what they think about paying new price for an old machine. if they agree with the dme you likely can't do much about it. there are insurance companies that permit it.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Regardless, I'd take it back. If they tricked you with this, what else do they think is fine to do? Let them know from the beginning that you won't tolerate this.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
This insurance thing amaze me but may be they don,t care if the machine is used for a few hours or new and in the meantime if they don,t exchanged it then you can erase the data on the device (hours can,t be erased) and get a new SD card and start all over again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 02:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Regardless, I'd take it back. If they tricked you with this, what else do they think is fine to do? Let them know from the beginning that you won't tolerate this.

I agree wholeheartedly with Paula02. It is YOU that is paying for it, whether you have insurance or not. And I am confident that whether you bought it or rented it, you had a written agreement with them, even if nothing beyond your receipt, Selling a used machine as new is FRAUD, regardless of what they say, unless you signed something which agreed they could do so. Don't walk - run to return it. And make sure your new machine has a current firmware version. Seems the most current is 905 (last three digits of the full number), although 903 or 904 are probably as good.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2012, 12:36 AM)JumpStart Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 02:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Regardless, I'd take it back. If they tricked you with this, what else do they think is fine to do? Let them know from the beginning that you won't tolerate this.

I agree wholeheartedly with Paula02. It is YOU that is paying for it, whether you have insurance or not. And I am confident that whether you bought it or rented it, you had a written agreement with them, even if nothing beyond your receipt, Selling a used machine as new is FRAUD, regardless of what they say, unless you signed something which agreed they could do so. Don't walk - run to return it. And make sure your new machine has a current firmware version. Seems the most current is 905 (last three digits of the full number), although 903 or 904 are probably as good.

I am going to contact my DME and complain about this. we'll see what happens.

I also noticed that my humidifier does not consume a lot of water. I am barely putting any water in the tank and still have water left over. The setting is at 3. When I woke up this morning, I lifted the tank, and the plate under it was ice cold. Shouldn't be hot? or at least warm? Am I doing something wrong, or is this humidifier defective?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2012, 08:35 AM)projman65 Wrote: I also noticed that my humidifier does not consume a lot of water. I am barely putting any water in the tank and still have water left over. The setting is at 3. When I woke up this morning, I lifted the tank, and the plate under it was ice cold. Shouldn't be hot? or at least warm? Am I doing something wrong, or is this humidifier defective?

Do you mean IMMEDIATELY after you woke up, and just after the machine was turned off? If so, then yes, the plate probably should have been at least warm, IMO. However, how much water your machine consumes, or how hot it keeps the plate (which may be an irregular pattern of heating) depends on the humidifier setting you are using. I have the same machine as you list, the humidifier is set for 4.5, and I have very little water left after around 6 hours of use.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked it immediately after I turned the machine off. The plate was ice cold and barely any water evaporated. I used to have a basic respironics machine and that humidifier would use a lot of water. In this S9, I am barely putting any water in it...the water doesn't even touch the yellow marker. And I still find most of the water still in the tank. My setting is at 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 10:21 AM)Dpm708 Wrote: Greetings. Just signed on to new forum from old one. Just downloaded several months data from my S9. Upon looking at data it seems 5-6 past months show the Summary Only icon but this month so far show Summary/Detailed info icon next to the days in question. My earlier (last year) downloads have always shown Summary/Detailed info. No other changes made to software. Could this too be related to something as simple as forgetting to shange the clock to EST/DST.
Thank You.

(04-15-2012, 10:34 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:
Thank You.

welcome to the forum.

the s9 only holds so much data with full details. after that it's only the summary info. somebody with resmed will explain it better.

It's officially 7 days of detailed data. But I know that at least a couple times I've seen more then that on mine. Big thing is, if you download it once a week - and when it asks if you want to overwrite the previous data, say no - you'll have all the detailed data you want. :-)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 677 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,621 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.