Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Issues
RE: ResScan Issues
(04-16-2012, 11:10 AM)projman65 Wrote: I checked it immediately after I turned the machine off. The plate was ice cold and barely any water evaporated. I used to have a basic respironics machine and that humidifier would use a lot of water. In this S9, I am barely putting any water in it...the water doesn't even touch the yellow marker. And I still find most of the water still in the tank. My setting is at 3.

I fill mine right to the "max" line, and, in fact, start the warm up cycle about 15 minutes before I put the mask on for the night. And even doing that, the tank of water lasts me usually at least 4 nights, set at 2.5.

I don't think I've ever checked it just as I turn off the machine, to see how warm it is... though I have had a couple nights where the tank's gone dry and I've filled it then... it's never been hot, just a bit warm to the touch.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2012, 01:56 PM)CHanlon Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 11:10 AM)projman65 Wrote: I checked it immediately after I turned the machine off. The plate was ice cold and barely any water evaporated. I used to have a basic respironics machine and that humidifier would use a lot of water. In this S9, I am barely putting any water in it...the water doesn't even touch the yellow marker. And I still find most of the water still in the tank. My setting is at 3.

I fill mine right to the "max" line, and, in fact, start the warm up cycle about 15 minutes before I put the mask on for the night. And even doing that, the tank of water lasts me usually at least 4 nights, set at 2.5.

I don't think I've ever checked it just as I turn off the machine, to see how warm it is... though I have had a couple nights where the tank's gone dry and I've filled it then... it's never been hot, just a bit warm to the touch.

As I recall reading somewhere, the H5i is supposed to reach a temp of 150 degrees to increase air humidity. That would register on your hand as more than warm, if the plate was operating when touched. I do not know the difference in percentage humidity for a setting of 2.5 vs 4.5, and I know it also involves the ambient temperature and humidity. While I live in a hot climate, I also use air conditioning, which significantly reduces humidity. My house system has been on a/c for the last month and one-half, so I guess my cpap was at a relatively low ambient humidity for the period to which I was referring.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2012, 01:47 PM)CHanlon Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 10:21 AM)Dpm708 Wrote: Greetings. Just signed on to new forum from old one. Just downloaded several months data from my S9. Upon looking at data it seems 5-6 past months show the Summary Only icon but this month so far show Summary/Detailed info icon next to the days in question. My earlier (last year) downloads have always shown Summary/Detailed info. No other changes made to software. Could this too be related to something as simple as forgetting to shange the clock to EST/DST.
Thank You.

(04-15-2012, 10:34 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 10:21 AM)Dpm708 Wrote: Greetings. Just signed on to new forum from old one. Just downloaded several months data from my S9. Upon looking at data it seems 5-6 past months show the Summary Only icon but this month so far show Summary/Detailed info icon next to the days in question. My earlier (last year) downloads have always shown Summary/Detailed info. No other changes made to software. Could this too be related to something as simple as forgetting to shange the clock to EST/DST.
Thank You.

welcome to the forum.

the s9 only holds so much data with full details. after that it's only the summary info. somebody with resmed will explain it better.

It's officially 7 days of detailed data. But I know that at least a couple times I've seen more then that on mine. Big thing is, if you download it once a week - and when it asks if you want to overwrite the previous data, say no - you'll have all the detailed data you want. :-)

Just realized that I misinformed you, there - it's 30 days for detailed data, and 7 days for "high rate" detailed data - ie, flow information. So, if you want to see the flow graph, you need to download at least once a week. Older then that and you get most of the detailed data out to 30 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the setting on 6 and still have more than half a tank left in the morning after 6 hours of sleep. I find that I get dry mouth a lot more often with the H5i than with the older H4i. The H4i provided a lot more humidity than the H5i, although ResMed claims the reverse.

(04-16-2012, 04:59 PM)JumpStart Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 01:56 PM)CHanlon Wrote:

As I recall reading somewhere, the H5i is supposed to reach a temp of 150 degrees to increase air humidity. That would register on your hand as more than warm, if the plate was operating when touched. I do not know the difference in percentage humidity for a setting of 2.5 vs 4.5, and I know it also involves the ambient temperature and humidity. While I live in a hot climate, I also use air conditioning, which significantly reduces humidity. My house system has been on a/c for the last month and one-half, so I guess my cpap was at a relatively low ambient humidity for the period to which I was referring.

Post Reply Post Reply
scooby
welcome to the forum
If you didn't get the climate line, its worth of having as you can set the temp to your preference and no rainout. You,ll get some dry mouth with mouth breathing, the other alternative to full face mask is a nasal mask with chinstrap and keeping mouth closed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont muck around, take it back and demand a new unused one, if thats what has been paid for.

Yes cards dont like being taken out when the machine has power running to them
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
All,

Just downloaded the newest version of ResScan (4.01) by following the instructions on this board. I'm very happy with the software thus far but was wondering one thing - How do I add a note to a particular calendar day? I'm a fireman, and on work days I'd like to add a note making that distinction, ran so many calls, sort of like a journal.

Sleepyhead does this both with a journal and note function added to a selected calendar day.

Cheers,

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 03:34 PM)sleepymedic Wrote: All,

Just downloaded the newest version of ResScan (4.01) by following the instructions on this board. I'm very happy with the software thus far but was wondering one thing - How do I add a note to a particular calendar day? I'm a fireman, and on work days I'd like to add a note making that distinction, ran so many calls, sort of like a journal.

Sleepyhead does this both with a journal and note function added to a selected calendar day.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Sleepymedic and welcome to the board!

Just click on the "Notes" button on the menu bar and then click on "New" when the notes window opens.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
The notes section you refer to does not organize by calendar day, meaning, if I have comments regarding 5/11/2012 and enter them on the 12th, they are dated for the 12th. I want to view the day's data, and comment specifically to that day.

Any ideas? Sleepyhead allows this, but is not accepted by my Doc or Insurance Co.

Thanks,

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 day start from 12 noon
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 677 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,624 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.