Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan - Mac compatible?
ResScan - Mac compatible?
Is the ResScan software Mac compatible?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan - Mac compatible?
(04-24-2015, 09:58 AM)Bretman Wrote: Is the ResScan software Mac compatible?

No it's not, unfortunately. Some have used Windows emulation, but I'm not sure how well it works with that.

SleepyHead has a Mac version though. Link is at the top of every forum page. And most folks like it better than ResScan anyway - it works well with S9 (and many other) machines.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bretman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 10:30 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:

No it's not, unfortunately. Some have used Windows emulation, but I'm not sure how well it works with that.

I've tried using ResScan with the S8 data card reader in a virtual machine (a trial copy of Parallels on my Mac). It worked just fine, but I ended up using Bootcamp instead. I didn't want to pay the licensing fee for Parallels because none of my Windows games were compatible with Parallels.

The Mac's internal SD card reader is not compatible with Parallels, so you will need a USB SD card reader to download your data (if your machine is something other than an S8).
Post Reply Post Reply

I installed ResScan v5.3 on Parallels/Mac that is running WINDOZE XP. Software is running [knock on wood] beautifully so far. Saving .pdf reports back into the Mac universe is working well. All good.

Have not installed v5.4 yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 226 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,490 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 228 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 455 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 590 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,942 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 628 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.