Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan Software Data
ResScan Software Data
The ResScan software shows I have Central Events.
Would you people say the software is accurate?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan Software Data
(02-26-2013, 12:34 AM)letsride Wrote: The ResScan software shows I have Central Events.
Resmed reckon its accurate when the S9 flag them
but unlike sleep lab, the S9 have no way of knowing if you were asleep
awake events are meaningless

nothing to worry about if a central here or there but tons of them is entirely different matter
whats the AHI and breakdown of centrals

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2013, 01:16 AM)zonk Wrote:
(02-26-2013, 12:34 AM)letsride Wrote: The ResScan software shows I have Central Events.
Resmed reckon its accurate when the S9 flag them
but unlike sleep lab, the S9 have no way of knowing if you were asleep
awake events are meaningless

nothing to worry about if a central here or there but tons of them is entirely different matter
whats the AHI and breakdown of centrals

I think that's the advantage of the ResMed Auto showing OSA, CSA, and Hypopneas.
True the machine doesn't know whether you're asleep or awake, but the pressure line would by running fairly straight at the bottom ...using my limited experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2013, 02:47 PM)SleepyTime Wrote: I think that's the advantage of the ResMed Auto showing OSA, CSA, and Hypopneas. True the machine doesn't know whether you're asleep or awake, but the pressure line would by running fairly straight at the bottom ...using my limited experience.

I think you're basically right. If the pressure hasn't begun to rise you haven't had any apneas or hypopneas yet. That could be because you haven't yet fallen asleep. The problem is that some of us doze off, then wake back up again, and repeat that process a few times before we finally fall asleep.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the reporting is probably accurate.

It is perfectly normal to have a short (10 - 20 second) Central Apnea here and there. They can sometimes happen naturally during REM sleep and/or when transitioning back and forth between sleep and wakefullness. This is normal and happens with most people. It's not really a concern unless you are having a lot (like 5 or more per hour) or they last a long time. If you are having a lot or they are lasting a long time then you might want to see your doctor or have your machine checked out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks People I better have the Doc. look into this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,076 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,194 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.