Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan=Unable to detect device communications library
Question 
ResScan=Unable to detect device communications library
i have been using ResScan since the end of January with no problems. All of a sudden at the beginning of this month (May) i received the following message when i tried to open ResScan.
UNABLE TO DETECT DEVICE COMMUNICATIONS LIBRARY. PLEASE REINSTALL RESSCAN TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM. i have tried to reinstall multiple times and the program is still a no go. i have tried to research the forum for a solution but although i found the problem listed i was unable to find a solution. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Also, in case you were wondering, i did not load any of the drivers during install.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan=Unable to detect device communications library
By any chance did you upgrade your OS or install updates?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2016, 12:32 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: By any chance did you upgrade your OS or install updates?

i did not upgrade my OS but i have installed Windows updates since i first installed program. Do you think one of the updates may have messed with the program? If so, why will it not fix itself when i reinstall?Huh Some days i really do hate computers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan installation guidance from ResMed states ResScan 5.6 only works with Windows 7.0 and above:

"ResScan can be installed on Windows 7 Professional 32 and 64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 32 and 64 bit, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Professional, Windows 8.1 Home Premium, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 Home."

My installation was on an old PC based on Windows Vista. I did not encounter the same issue after installing on a Windows 10 PC.

Post Reply Post Reply
If anyone wants one of the older ResScan versions, once you've received the download location (see here for instructions), simply change the current version number to the one you want in the web address (change 5.6 to 5.4 or whatever).

I'm not sure which version of ResScan is fully compatible with WindowsXP or Vista however... perhaps someone here knows for sure.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gentle Greetings,

I am having this same problem with ResScan 5.6.0.9419 on Windows 10 with a generic USB adapter card reader.

I have tried reinstalling ResScan multiple times. I have tried running setup and the app as administrator. Same error.

I did not initially install any of the ResMed drivers. After many attempts, I tried the S8/S9 driver hoping it might be generic enough to work. It did not help.

I searched through the forum for answers and did not find any. One post mentioned setting the drive letter in the profile in ResScan, but I did not find that option.

I was so glad to find this forum today and thought I was so close to being able to view my own data. After hours of effort, no success.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Kit
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 113 7 hours ago
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 43 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,256 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 147 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,301 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 322 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 328 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.