Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan VERSION 4.1 INFORMATION [old version]
RE: ResScan VERSION 4.1 INFORMATION
The memory card on my S9 only looks like 1 GB to me - but even that will store a whole lot of data. I haven't done the math, but I'd guess it would hold at least six months of data, maybe more, uncompressed.

You could compress the data on the card, but I don't think that's a good idea - the machine and whatever software program you are using are not expecting the data to be compressed, so it would confuse one or both. And you don't need to store the data permanently on the card - the card is just a convenient and portable way to record the data. When you import the data to your PC, you are making a copy - you can keep that data indefinitely (if you want to) on the PC.

I'm not sure why you'd want to keep all that detail longer than a few months; at least, I don't think I would. But if you want to, it should be pretty easy. There is a limit to how much history you could keep on the card, but with the price of hard disks as low as it is now, you could easily keep a lifetime of CPAP data on one hard disk on your PC.

Doug

Just to clarify
The S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
(06-26-2012, 10:25 AM)dfhudson53 Wrote: ...... When you import the data to your PC, you are making a copy ..... I'm not sure why you'd want to keep all that detail longer than a few months; at least, I don't think I would. ..... but with the price of hard disks as low as it is now, you could easily keep a lifetime of CPAP data on one hard disk on your PC.
Doug
And, this brings up another topic entirely; How long to keep data and why.
As you say Doug, it's hard to really see the need to keep a long term record of ones every sleeping breath. What is most important would seem to be what has recently transpired, or perhaps a general trending one way or another.

All one would likely need do was save a few nights worth here and there to track whatever changes came about due to new settings or new equipment, etc. But, the hoarder in me has the urge to keep it all, just in case ;' >

Dennis

(06-26-2012, 01:32 PM)zonk Wrote: Just to clarify
The S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data

This is what ResMed says on their website, and I expect that's the case; it looks to me as though any high-resolution flow data is deleted off the card after 7 days (those seem to be the biggest files), and probably the graph data is deleted after 30 days (I've only had the machine for 3 weeks, so I haven't had any of those deleted yet). Presumably the summary data is deleted after a year.

The amount of data stored on the card seems to vary from day to day -- probably dependent on how long the machine is in operation. Average seems to be about 3 MB per night, in a collection of 7 or 8 files. At that rate, a year's worth of data would take up a bit more than 1 GB of space (uncompressed). You can get a 1 TB drive for around $100 these days, which would store all the gory detailed data for roughly 1000 years of nightly CPAP usage. So it is clearly feasible to store as much of that data as you want, although if you want to keep the detailed flow data, you will need to copy it off the memory card at least weekly, before it is deleted by the machine. Similarly, you'd need to copy off the detailed graph data before 30 days, and the summary data within a year.

Considering that the largest files are being deleted off the card after 7 days, even a small 1 GB memory card will probably never get more than 20% full. If you want to keep your data longer than the standard 365/30/7 day retention policy programmed into the machine, the issue isn't the size of the card, but getting the data off the card and onto another storage device before the machine deletes it.

How much of the data to keep, and for how long, are personal choices. I expect many users will be happy enough just to look at the data included in the default retention periods. But if you decide you want to store every last bit and byte of your CPAP experience, forever and ever, that is clearly feasible using current technology, at a pretty modest cost.
The S9s use a format for the data card that has some limitations. Someone posted the details somewhere. There's some limitation like how many files can be in a directory that keeps it from saving more than a certain amount of data no matter how big the card is. It also does some funky thing with files in the root directory. The S9 machine will get ticked off and format the card if you doesn't like anything you do to the card like move files around or add files.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
You would think that in going from version 3.16 to version 4.1, there has got to be a significant differences or obvious improvements. If there were only minor changes, why wouldn't they just call just call this version 3.XX. So far nobody has mentioned minor changes, let alone major changes.

Has anyone found any added functionality or features added to version 4.1? Were any of the bugs in version 3.16, like time lag, actually fixed? If not, why should I upgrade to 4.1 (beta) now, rather than wait for perhaps a more finished official release version? I haven't heard enough here, so far, to make me want to upgrade, other than having the version 4.17 appear on the software.
Downloaded yesterday and installed ResScan_4.1.0.13_SP1 today, thank you very much for the link to download much needed software. It is amazing that this is not a link from ResMed for us to just download. Technology is great, the S9 Autoset is awesome and being able to READ my stats without waiting on a report from my doctor is a must.

Thank you again!!
Do you need to uninstall version 3.16 before installing version 4.1?
(08-29-2012, 09:22 AM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: Do you need to uninstall version 3.16 before installing version 4.1?

Maybe others can tell us for sure, I'm not sure, but I would uninstall the old version first, if I upgraded. Clean installs are nearly always better than upgrades.

Also, make sure you do not install the proprietary drivers during the installation or your installation will be ruined.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(08-29-2012, 05:25 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 09:22 AM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: Do you need to uninstall version 3.16 before installing version 4.1?

Maybe others can tell us for sure, I'm not sure, but I would uninstall the old version first, if I upgraded. Clean installs are nearly always better than upgrades.

Also, make sure you do not install the proprietary drivers during the installation or your installation will be ruined. I ask only because I am still running the older 3.16 version. I still haven't heard a compelling reason to upgrade to the newer version? Has anybody mentioned any added features or funtionality with the new version?

Coffee

When you do an uninstall, rather than install over the old version, is there a chance you are going to delete all of your resmed data from your computer?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 349 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 238 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 231 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,499 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 231 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 465 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 608 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.