Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan VERSION 4.1 INFORMATION [old version]
ResScan VERSION 4.1 INFORMATION [old version]
Quote:Admin note: Since there is a newer ResScan version out now, this thread about version 4.1 is now closed.  Please refer to this thread for questions concerning the latest version of ResScan.  Thanks.

I posted this is the ResScan thread also:

Healthcareworker is now including both the link to the older 3.16_SP1 ResScan version and the new (possibly still in beta) ResScan 4.1 version in the email that is sent out.

You can read how to request the download links by signing into your forum account and going here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...nload-Link

The email Healthcareworker is sending out now says that version 4.1 is most likely still a beta test copy, but both links are included.

I'm pretty sure that ResMed keeps their new versions on the hidden "Storage" link until they're ready to release it to the public.  This is what happened with other versions.... there was a 2-3 week delay between the time that it was uploaded to their "storage" folder and when it appeared on the normal download registration page.

Email Healthcareworker if you want either one - it's an email autoresponder, so you should get the reply within 5 minutes or less.  Healthcareworker's email address is in this thread.

PLEASE NOTE:
Remember, do not give out this email address or link publicly.  We don't want ResMed to quit making this software available due to too many public links.  If any of you are on other forums where members are posting the links publicly, I strongly suggest that you tell those folks not to do so.  I know why ResMed is doing this "under the table" and if we start posting these links all over the web, it's going to force them to distribute the software privately to DMEs and doctors via some sort of verification process, which will make it difficult for us "regular folks" to get a copy or get the updates and new versions in the future. Please don't spoil it for us all.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: ResScan VERSION 4.1 INFORMATION
I'm a bleeding edge sort, I'll check out 4.1 when I get home from work later. Smile
Has anyone noted any new features on ResScan 4? Faster, better, leaps tall buildings?
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
(05-15-2012, 11:23 AM)CHanlon Wrote: I'm a bleeding edge sort, I'll check out 4.1 when I get home from work later. Smile

CH,
So, what do you think of 4.1?

I downloaded the program and keeping in mind the warnings about not downloading the drivers for 3.16, I got totally unsure of what I should agree to or not with the download wizard. I denied anything that even looked to be a driver, crossed my fingers, and it worked on the second try. An idiots guide to navigating the download wizard would be most helpful if someone more with it than myself were to write that up.

After install I uploaded my data, all five days worth, and, dang, look at all the pretty lines and colors and squiggles (technical term). I can see it will take a fair bit of experience and digging to make this program dance. It is surely more complex than Sleepyhead. However, for the casual or inexperienced user that I am, I'm not sure if it will be of any more functional use than Sleepyhead. What's your read?

Also, in that I've got 4.1 on board, do you see any advantage or need to install 3.16

Wonder if they've fully corrected the skew issue in this iteration. It looks as if the graphs line up OK.

Regards,
Dennis
So far I havent found any spectacular difference between the 2. I can't speak to the skew issue, because I've never had a problem with it.

4.1 works, its stable, and it compares to everthing I've seen in 3.16. So, can't see a reason to avoid it.
(06-04-2012, 09:13 PM)CHanlon Wrote: So far I havent found any spectacular difference between the 2. I can't speak to the skew issue, because I've never had a problem with it.

4.1 works, its stable, and it compares to everthing I've seen in 3.16. So, can't see a reason to avoid it.

Followed the instructions on the site here and have been using 4.1 since I started therapy, almost a month now. No hitches or glitches. A learning curve to get it downloaded, setup and downloading c-pap data correctly. Have not bothered with 3.6 at all. 4.1 seems to show everything and anything related.

Also using SleepyHead. The data displayed is virtually identical, and in my novice view of the data, SleepyHead is likely all that most folks will need or want. Kind of fun having 4.1 on board though, so I can print out graphs to take into my sleep therapist that she can't see with her abbreviated office setup of ResMed..

DW
v4.1 seems more stable and less quirky when changing screens than did v3.16. No problems so far...cool. Don't fear the change just do it.
(06-24-2012, 03:11 PM)SleepyEyeDoc Wrote: v4.1 seems more stable and less quirky when changing screens than did v3.16. No problems so far...cool. Don't fear the change just do it.

SED,
No fear. Grrrrr.... No what I meant was that I had downloaded 3.6 but have never installed it, and was wondering if there was any plus side to it at all in comparison to 4.1. I figured not, but wanted to ask. Probably should just delete the download and clear some disc space.

However, I do have a couple of 4.1 questions if any can answer:
1. How to correct spelling of patient name? I have tried in any screen where I can bring up "the patient", but can't get at the spelling. Surely a program of this sort would allow for spelling corrections of a name.

2. I'm almost to the point where "patient activity" thingy on download screen is approaching 100%. What happens when it gets to 100%? Anything one should or should not do at that point? I figure \I'll be over 100% on next download.

Regards,
Dennis

(06-25-2012, 11:29 PM)Dennis of the NorthWet Wrote: 2. I'm almost to the point where "patient activity" thingy on download screen is approaching 100%. What happens when it gets to 100%? Anything one should or should not do at that point? I figure \I'll be over 100% on next download.
Nothing to do. It shows 100% (compliance threshold) when the machine been used 4 hours per day over specified most recent period (week, month, etc). You can set the period in the tools menu options dialog (see page 41 of the Resscan guide)

How much total data (as per days, months etc) can be stored on the ResMed card...2GB. I am always downloading "all data available" to my computer each day. Can this data be compressed(or does it even need to be) by changing the time in the tools menu in order to lets say save 6 months of full data on the 2GB card? Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 102 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 98 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,355 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 439 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 207 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.