Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan VERSION 4.1 INFORMATION [old version]
RE: ResScan VERSION 4.1 INFORMATION
I,m not computer savvy but read somewhere that you don,t need to uninstall Dont-know
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
(08-30-2012, 01:56 PM)BabyDoc Wrote: When you do an uninstall, rather than install over the old version, is there a chance you are going to delete all of your resmed data from your computer?

Could be... but the SD card still holds a ton of data.... if in doubt, I don't think it would hurt to install over the top of the old version as Zonk says, but you may wish to create a backup folder (duplicate) with your backup data in it, just in case.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I haven't tried it yet. Some software installers are very smart, and will automatically either uninstall the previous version or take what it needs from the older version and write over the older files. I have had some problems in the past , and that it why I asked the question. I guess one of us has to be the first one to try, so I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know what happens.
(08-30-2012, 05:27 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Could be... but the SD card still holds a ton of data.... if in doubt, I don't think it would hurt to install over the top of the old version as Zonk says, but you may wish to create a backup folder (duplicate) with your backup data in it, just in case.

S9 machines erase everything but the last 7 days of waveform data from the SD card, despite the card only being a few percent full. Some other data is erased after 30 days, and some after 365. ResScan stores data for a longer time on your hard disk, but if you lose the data from your hard disk, you won't be able to get back the waveform data older than 7 days from your SD card.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(09-03-2012, 04:23 AM)archangle Wrote: S9 machines erase everything but the last 7 days of waveform data from the SD card, despite the card only being a few percent full. Some other data is erased after 30 days, and some after 365. ResScan stores data for a longer time on your hard disk, but if you lose the data from your hard disk, you won't be able to get back the waveform data older than 7 days from your SD card.

Thanks Arch... that's good to know. So, those of us who use ResScan should back up our computer's ResScan files to DVD or CD or something like that I suppose.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

[Image: img_sdcard.jpg]

Data on the device
The Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days.
Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure.

The S9 (AutoSet and Elite) SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
Zonk - still think you need to be our forum Information Officer... just sayin'... Cool

Good info. Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(09-03-2012, 04:38 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Thanks Arch... that's good to know. So, those of us who use ResScan should back up our computer's ResScan files to DVD or CD or something like that I suppose.

SleepyHead supposedly will save the raw files every time it reads the data on S9 machines if you tell it to. I haven't actually played with that.

I have an S9 directory, and I occasionally create a folder with todays date and copy the whole SD card there every so often.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(05-15-2012, 03:43 PM)JumpStart Wrote: Has anyone noted any new features on ResScan 4? Faster, better, leaps tall buildings?

I just downloaded & installed the 110 MB ResMed ResScan Software Version 4.1_SP1 (4.01.013) withOUT UNinstalling the older Version 3.16

I did NOT install the drivers since I already had them.

Worked like a charm !

Does seem to be a little faster in bringing up the screens on an older XP Professional machine.

Will report later if I notice anything else as I use it over time.
I am still trying to install either of the versions of the rescan software, 3.16 or 4.1. Both indicate that I do not have the right operating system. I am running XP64 professional. I have tried installing both using compatibility settings and that doesn't work. Is there anything I am missing? I have installed sleepyhead and it is working fine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 101 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,341 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 437 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 207 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.