Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMedS9 won't read card
ResMedS9 won't read card
I borrowed a ResMed S9 with a card in it.  I loaded SleepHead and read my stats for one night.  When I put the card back in the machine, it asked me if I wanted to delete data.  I said no and it told me to remove the card.  The machine still worked, but no stats loaded this morning.  I just discovered the lock/unlock knob on the card - which way should it be in the machine?  Somewhere it said it has to be locked before going into the computer to read.  I also read that the S9 will reject SD cards with any extra files written on them.  But this is a ResMed card!  I tried using a brand new sd card but the machine told me it was an illegal card.  Help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMedS9 won't read card
Resmed just buys SD cards in bulk and puts their name on them.  Other than their high price, there is nothing special about them.  You will need to have the card in the Write Enabled (unlocked) condition while it is in the S9 and Write Protected (locked) prior to inserting it into your computer.   Also, some of the newer low cost card readers do not have the micro switch installed in the unit.  This means that even if you have it write-protected, it may not stop it from having the system files written by the PC.

To be safe you may wish to download and use the following script. It will turn off(or back on) this feature on your PC.
Prevent SysVol Info Write

[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to expand on what Crimson Nape said. Whenever Windows sees a new disk drive (and cards are regarded as drives) it will try to write some identifying (system volume) files on it. Most machines don't mind this, but the S9 will throw a hissy fit, as you have seen. Once these system volumes files have been written to a card the S9 won't work with it unless the card is reformatted, which will lose your existing data. This is not a big deal if you have the data backed-up to your computer before you let the machine do the reformat.
Post Reply Post Reply
I added the script to the SD card wiki and Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 973 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 762 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,082 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 677 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 596 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  oscar can 't read SD card on Macbook Air harry3 3 790 08-06-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: harry3
Question OSCAR cannot read data from my AirSense 11 frabel 4 1,807 01-02-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: frabel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.