Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan and WiFi
ResScan and WiFi
Hi all,

I have a ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and have downloaded the ResScan software.  I would like to be able to transfer the data from the machine to my computer wirelessly.

I have read several posts on this forum around this topic and have a few remaining questions.

Can I use the built-in wireless connectivity feature of the machine to transfer the data to ResScan on my PC?

It seems the answer is likely “No” as many posts refer to the use of a FlashAir SD card.

So, if I use a FlashAir SD card:

1.  Will ResScan read the data directly or must I also install FlashPAP?

2.  Will my care provider be able to read the data on the FlashAir card or can they only read the  ResMed SD card which came with the machine?  [ And, probably another form of the same question: Can I simply plug the FlashAir SD card into my computer (if I for some reason I don’t want to use the WiFi) to read the data into ResScan?]

3.  Will the use of a non-ResMed SD card invalidate the warranty on my machine?

Thanks,

RobertWA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan and WiFi
G'day Robert. Welcome to Apnea Board.

The built-in wireless is actually a mobile phone facility which calls in to Resmed's server. You can't use it to connect to your home wifi network. So to do it wirelessly you do need a wireless enabled card and supporting software (eg FlashPAP). There are quite a few discussions around this in the software support forum (which may have seen already).

AFAIK there is no reason you can't plug your Flashair card into your computer, or the computer at your clinic. Just be sure to write-protect the card (using the little sliding switch) in case one or other computer tries to over-write anything on the card. That shouldn't be a problem with your Airsense, but earlier Resmed models could throw a wobbly if there were any "foreign" files on the card.

In terms of the warranty, my answer would be "No" unless your card was somehow defective and caused a short circuit or other fault in your machine. In any case you have Australian Consumer Law rights above and beyond the Resmed warranty.

ResScan is a pretty clunky program, not particularly suited to home use. It's really set up for a clinic situation with multiple patients. I have ResScan but greatly prefer #SleepyHead, which is a lot more intuitive and presents the charts etc in a much more usable fashion. You might want to give it a go.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

I started with ResScan simply because I wanted to see the same sorts of graphs, etc which the clinic would be seeing.  Once I understand more about what these all represent I will give Sleepyhead a go - I notice that many forum members seem to prefer it.

Thanks again.

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RobertWA,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2017, 10:20 PM)RobertWA Wrote: Hi all,

I have a ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and have downloaded the ResScan software.  I would like to be able to transfer the data from the machine to my computer wirelessly.

I have read several posts on this forum around this topic and have a few remaining questions.

Can I use the built-in wireless connectivity feature of the machine to transfer the data to ResScan on my PC?

It seems the answer is likely “No” as many posts refer to the use of a FlashAir SD card.

So, if I use a FlashAir SD card:

1.  Will ResScan read the data directly or must I also install FlashPAP?

2.  Will my care provider be able to read the data on the FlashAir card or can they only read the  ResMed SD card which came with the machine?  [ And, probably another form of the same question: Can I simply plug the FlashAir SD card into my computer (if I for some reason I don’t want to use the WiFi) to read the data into ResScan?]

3.  Will the use of a non-ResMed SD card invalidate the warranty on my machine?

Thanks,

RobertWA

I have a FlashAir card installed in my machine, and a regular SD card installed in my computer. ResScan expects to see an SD card for data download, so I sync the two every morning using Microsoft SyncToy and the task scheduler. When I'm ready to import, the data is right there on the computer's SD card. I can elaborate more, but there's a software support forum here with a lot of helpful information on the setup and use of the Flashair card using various methods with a couple wizards who know a lot about those cards and working the bugs out of setup.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

Another avenue for me to explore.

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,706 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 87 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,334 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 427 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,124 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.