Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan backtracked to Version 5.3 - [old version]
Arrow 
ResScan backtracked to Version 5.3 - [old version]
Quote:NOTICE:  This thread discusses an OLD VERSION of the ResScan software.    Please see this thread for information on how to obtain the new version:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

(login required, if need be, please register for a free forum account HERE)

For some reason, ResMed has removed Version 5.4 from their website.  If one logs on using a Clinician's account, they will see that ResMed has seemingly revoked version 5.4, and is now distributing version 5.3 for some reason.

Healthcareworker has added the download link to version 5.3 in the distribution email.  (I think that was updated last night).  So you may wish to re-request the download link via email as explained in this post.  (forum login required)

From what I understand, version 5.3 is pretty much the same as the 5.4 version.  I have no clue as to why they back-tracked on the version number.

Coffee

ADMIN NOTE:  a new 5.4.1 has been released on June 19, 2015.  Read HERE for more info.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: ResScan backtracked to Version 5.3 - Heads-Up
Thanks for the heads up SuperSleeper!
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
5.4 has an unresolved virus signature.
(06-13-2015, 08:41 PM)parkerdt Wrote: 5.4 has an unresolved virus signature.

Okay, thanks for the info Parker. Do you know that this is why ResMed has revoked version 5.4 or is just the conventional thinking from some users?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I know the virus signature was there, and that it was reported. I do not know whether it was real or a false positive yet.
(06-13-2015, 08:41 PM)parkerdt Wrote: 5.4 has an unresolved virus signature.

Do you know which antivirus program or programs?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
It had a few bugs in it as well. I posted it in another thread. No, I don't know if that contributed to the reason they yanked it out but it was annoying. FYI - Microsoft SE didn't/doesn't report it to be a virus.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
I have 5.4 version installed on my computer, download 5.3 version but still showing 5.4 version
Not going messing around with it any more, maybe 6.0 or something version coming soon

Lesson learned ... if something is working, don't upgrade it
or
The grass is not always greener on the other side

Coffee
(06-15-2015, 08:45 PM)zonk Wrote: I have 5.4 version installed on my computer, download 5.3 version but still showing 5.4 version

Hi Zonk.

Just curious. Now you are using ResScan 5.3 or 5.4, does ResScan display zero for RERA events? Or still no mention at all of RERA in reported statistics?

Thanks
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Hi Vaughn
I'm using ver: 5.4, no mention of RERAs at all

ADMIN NOTE: a new 5.4.1 ResScan version has been released on June 19, 2015. Read HERE for more info.

THREAD CLOSED.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,259 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 149 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 324 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 332 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 192 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 359 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,149 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.