Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan can't read my SD Card
ResScan can't read my SD Card
I have a Philip';s Responsics RemStar Pro and I'm trying to read the data on my SD Card with ResScan. When I click "Download..." in ResScan it says,

"There are NO devices available" Connect a flow generator or data card and try again".

I just have my SD Card plugged into a standard SD Card reader. Do I need some kind of special hardware to read the card.

I can see it in WIndows Explorer It has a Folder named P-Series and under that a folder with my serial number I believe.

When I first installed ResScan, I didn't not check any of the boxes for installing the Drivers. WHen I couldn't get it working, I noticed in the start menu that there were a Drivers folder and I tried installing the drivers for Data Card reader, but that didn't help. Any ideas? I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan can't read my SD Card
ResScan is for ResMed machines, not Respironics. For that, you'll need SleepyHead.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mark,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Paula said.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having the same problem as Mark, having just downloaded ResScan last night. As per instructions, I did not download the drivers. The software installed fine and I was able to open it, but I got the same message saying it could not find a data card (even though I can see it in my Windows folder). I am running Win7. Any help is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2013, 10:00 AM)chezdan9 Wrote: I am having the same problem as Mark, having just downloaded ResScan last night. As per instructions, I did not download the drivers. The software installed fine and I was able to open it, but I got the same message saying it could not find a data card (even though I can see it in my Windows folder). I am running Win7. Any help is appreciated.

Did you download the data from your SD card? You have to do that first before you can review the data. ResScan only works with ResMed machines and Mark doesn't have a ResMed machine. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed S9 AutoSet. When I remove the data card from the S9 and insert it into the card reader on the front of my PC (an eMachine running Win7), the card is recognized by the computer and I can open it and see folders marked "RESDATA" and "SETUP" or something similar...I can't remember because I'm not home right now). After I have inserted the card into the PC, I open ResScan and open the patient folder I set up with my name, and then try to initiate a download from the card. At this point, I get the same message as Mark stated previously: "There are NO devices available. Connect a device or data card and try again."
Post Reply Post Reply
The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that you need to select all data when trying to download. Also, the detailed data is only kept on the SD card a certain period of time. I am sure someone else will be able to help you more. In the meantime, you can download SleepyHead and view your data there. SleepyHead is a nice program and it is easy to see the data. I also like that I can add notes to the day I am looking at to note changes I made the night before, i.e., I changed masks at a certain time, I changed the EPR, I slept on my back, side, etc., whatever I feel is important to document because I won't remember it a week later (maybe not even a few minutes later lol). Give SleepyHead a look when you have time. It is user friendly in my opinion
Post Reply Post Reply
I am definitely going to give SleepyHead a try.

I am seeing almost immediate positive results from only 3 nights on CPAP, I want to ensure that I am getting all that I can out of it. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
If your data doesn't download into SleepyHead, try a new data card tonight and see if you have a faulty SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 809 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,628 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.