Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan can't read ACR38u on Win10
ResScan can't read ACR38u on Win10
Had an older version of ResScan, just downloaded the latest.
The driver for ACR38u installs, but ResScan can't see the device, with or without the card in it.

machine: ResMed Escape II Auto
Reader: ResMed ACR38U-PNC-R

I do see Windows events:
Driver Management concluded the process to install driver a38usb.inf_amd64_1e2aae96daa52a1c\a38usb.inf for Device Instance ID USB\VID_072F&PID_9000\5&35EDA8E7&0&1 with the following status: 0x0.
Device USB\VID_072F&PID_9000\5&35eda8e7&0&1 could not be migrated.
Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_03EE&PID_6901\5&35EDA8E7&0&1
Device USB\VID_072F&PID_9000\5&35eda8e7&0&1 requires further installation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan can't read ACR38u on Win10
(10-09-2015, 05:48 PM)rick.hantz Wrote: machine: ResMed Escape II Auto
I don't know whats going on. S8 Escape Auto is not full data capable machine
Only usage, AHI, pressure but no leak or detailed data on the data card.
Comparison guide http://www.resmed.com/int/products/produ...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
I know its not fully data capable, but it used to provide me with at least the AHI data. I'm not sure what OS I was using when it was working--Win7 or XP, I'm guessing.
It seems to be a driver issue for the card reader.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing too, maybe later versions does not support S8 Escape Auto anymore
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing to do with the Escape II Auto machine.
ResScan still shows it in the list of supported devices in all versions.

ResScan can't see that there is a card reader attached.
It has to do with the driver for the ResMed ACR38U card reader.

Post Reply Post Reply
3. The install program prompts you through the installation process. Follow the instructions on the screen.

During installation, one of the dialogs asks you to choose a Complete or Custom installation. Choose Custom to change the installation directory from the default location.

During installation, a dialog will ask you whether you want to install the drivers for the ResScan USB Adapter (S9 devices), ResScan Data Card Reader (S8 devices) and ResMed USB Direct Connection (Stellar).

If you are installing ResScan on Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista or Windows 7: Please select the drivers to install based on the therapy devices you wish to connect to.This is the preferred method of installing the drivers if they are not already installed on your machine.

If you are installing ResScan on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2: Please do not select any of the drivers. Ensure that all boxes are unchecked. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Post Reply Post Reply
You may need to install ResScan with Run as admin. If the drivers aren't signed you'll have a difficult time loading them and more running them on 10. You may have to disable Driver Signature Verification. There's an article on it for 8 but 10 applies too: http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-d...d-drivers/
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
So it looks like Windows 8-10 aren't supported for the ACR38U card reader.
ResScan runs fine, just doesn't see the reader.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2015, 11:03 AM)rick.hantz Wrote: So it looks like Windows 8-10 aren't supported for the ACR38U card reader.
ResScan runs fine, just doesn't see the reader.

ResScan worked just fine for me with the ACR38U on Windows 8.1 (my second computer) when I was using an S8. I never tried it with Windows 10, but I've switched to a Philips Respironics machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,624 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.