Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan cannot see my SD Card
ResScan cannot see my SD Card
CPAP EQUIPMENT: ResMed VPAP S9, Quatro FX full face mask
SOFTWARE: ResScan version 5.4.1

I have just installed ResScan. Everything went fine and I did NOT download any of the three drivers offered during the install. Program opens fine and I created a patient file. I then locked my SD card and inserted it into an Epson printer with an SD slot. The printer is connected to my Windows XP PC via USB. The printer recognized the card and my PC shows the card as drive Z:\. I can see the data on the SD card when I click on it in Windows.

When I click "Download data" in ResScan I get a message saying "There are NO devices available" and "Connect a flow generator or data card and try again." There are no options I can find in ResScan to point it to this printer Z:\ drive.

Any thoughts on how to point ResScan to the SD card or opinions on why it is not "seeing" the SD card? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan cannot see my SD Card
You have to make sure the SD card on your printer is mounted as a logical drive on the local computer. I have never heard of a printer with an SD card but if it exposes the card on your local network you can mount it as a network disk drive. I don't know of ResScan could see it even then, though. All these hardware manufacturer software apps seem to be about five to ten years behind the trend.

For example I have several Ham radios and the programming software that comes with them seems to think we are all still using Windows XP.

SleepyHead can see a local logical drive if it will work for you. Otherwise you can get a reader for an SD card pretty cheaply these days.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure about the printer card setup either, my laptop have an SD card slot and works fine or you can get separate SD card reader, keep it simple. Also, doesn't hurt to reboot the computer

Good luck and welcome aboard
Post Reply Post Reply
The other thing can think of, uninstall and reinstall ResScan without installing the drives
Post Reply Post Reply
Any known issue with V 5.4 on Win XP?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2015, 11:39 AM)justMongo Wrote: Any known issue with V 5.4 on Win XP?
ResScan clinical guide say .... you'll need at least Windows XP SP2 or later

Is Windows XP still supported? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsF...xp-support
After 12 years, support for Windows XP ended April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. It is very important that customers and partners migrate to a modern operating system such as Windows 8.1.

Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a card reader and all is working well.
Thanks for the input!

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm running into a similar problem--exact same error message.
I think it's looking for a device directly attached to the computer (does a scan).
You might try a cheap $10 USB SD card reader plugged directly into the computer.

My ResMed smartcard reader is a custom high security one, and doesn't seem to completely install on Windows 10.
I should have an old XP laptop to try it on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 234 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,503 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 234 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 470 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 614 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,978 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 679 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.