Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan compatibility - am I out of luck?
Angry 
ResScan compatibility - am I out of luck?
After my dentist last month said I really needed to be monitoring my CPAP settings, I tried to build a link to see what might be in here.  I finally (after a couple weeks of bad shipments) managed to get the usb/serial cable and null-modem adapter from Monoprice and try to hook them up.

Machine: Windodws 7 32bit netbook

ResScan compatibility: unknown (broken link / deleted page)

I did install ResScan and just launched it about an hour ago, however as soon as the program launched it gave a compatibility error and that same broken link.  I proceeded to the "download" button anyhow (after creating a profile) but just got that same error again.

Sleepyhead compatibility: unknown ("modern" devices only)

I did try to download the installation program from a couple different places but was unable to get the installer to run.  Process Explorer shows the process quitting about a second after it's launched.  I have not yet tried to run Process Monitor over it.

I have seen references to "older versions of ResScan" but considering the difficulties in getting access to any version of the file I'm not expecting to find links to it. (Reminder: this forum does not permit direct links to ResScan)

So, are there any real options here or am I pretty much out of luck?

FYI, I am effectively without a doctor to send inquiries about this right now; I don't remember his name and have not had contact with him for some time (and my insurance sent me a letter a while back saying that he's no longer a provider)

[EDIT: added error message as attachment]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan compatibility - am I out of luck?
Hi odysseus654 - Welcome

For what I can tell, your model was superseded in 2004 with the S7.  Resmed has progressed through the S8, S9, and now the AS10.  In a nutshell, I believe you are out of luck. It is impressive your unit has lasted so long.

Sorry to have to give you the news.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are some older versions of ResScan available.
The cable link was only used in clinical settings as it permits changing settings on the fly.
The ResMed AutoSet T probably has a slot of a proprietary data card that's hard to find; and then there's the reader from data data card to USB.

Best solution is to upgrade your machine to at least an S9 generation. (The 10 series is the present generation.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen no evidence of any kind of slot (although there's a panel on the front that I have never been able to remove).  There's an obvious serial port on the back that I have attached a null-modem adapter and a Serial -> USB cable to.

I have no knowledge of how to upgrade this thing.  I don't really have a doctor that I know could say anything intelligent about it, I don't really have an obvious reason to replace it yet, and it did cost me a couple hundred dollars (copay) when I first got the thing.  The last time I got parts for it I kinda got P*ssed off at the provider (Apria Healthcare), they used to have an office I could walk into, but now they wouldn't talk to me until I had ordered a complete set of hoses and masks from them, then after a week of waiting I found out they hadn't even looked at the parts request; I cancelled and ordered the parts from Supplier #1. [Commercial Link Removed]

From the sound of the replies, my options at this point are:
  • Find an older version of ResScan
  • Upgrade to a newer machine (don't see a good reason too, don't have a doctor)
  • Give up, I don't really need to know that badly
  • Grab the Sleepyhead software and a serial port terminal and try to hack the CPAP protocol (likely don't have enough interest to start yet another project)

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
New and lightly used machines are available at significant savings without prescriptions through Craigslist and Amazon, and with a prescription through many additional sources. If you have been using CPAP for many years and need a slip of paper documenting it is necessary, it is very easy to get from your own primary care doc or a reputable online supplier like Supplier #30. It really makes no sense to be using a machine as old as yours, especially when you are interested in the efficacy data. Good luck in your quest for a new machine, or if you choose, finding obsolete software and connection cables.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,637 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 611 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.