Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan data display awry
ResScan data display awry
Describing the problem is a challenge because it's not just one question. Last night when the Autoset booted up, it displayed an SD card error message screen along with the option of erasing or not. I chose erase. This a.m., I saw that three days of detailed data had been erased, but all else was left intact.
Downloading last night's detailed data showed that only the AHI and events graphing was present. Meanwhile, the summary and statistics were OK.
When I checked the graphing options tool, it showed only AHI and Events as display options.
Meanwhile, for the past few weeks, I have noticed that detailed data graphs often showed only partial night's graphing of various items, such as pressure, leaks, etc. with no graph traces for the rest of that night's data.
Along with that, some nights' detailed data display shows the lower graphing window data seemingly all crunched up on top of itself vertically but without a vertical scrolling cursor to spread it out to be viewed.
So, I'm thinking there's a problem with the autoset's data recording or with the SD card. (hope it's not the machine)
Out of curiosity, I downloaded the SD data into SleepyHead. For the past several nights, the detailed graphs in SH show a new scale. The Leak scale's top end is 2600. The pressure scale runs from -640 to 384, and the mask pressure scale has a top end of 345! My guess is that somehow the measurement units have changed, but to what and why I have no idea.
So, that's my problem, folks. Hopefully, there's a software geek among us who can help.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan data display awry
SleepyHead automatically scales graphs to fit the data. Not sure how well that algorithm works in all cases. SleepyHead is open-source beta software whose author has had to take a hiatus for personal reasons.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 11:21 AM)Sleepster Wrote: SleepyHead automatically scales graphs to fit the data. Not sure how well that algorithm works in all cases. SleepyHead is open-source beta software whose author has had to take a hiatus for personal reasons.

It's disappointing that a professional looking program like SleepyHead has a wiki that looks like it's done by amateurs. I believe I tried to unsuccessfully edit it - at least correct the spelling.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 12:47 PM)Ugly Wrote: It's disappointing that a professional looking program like SleepyHead has a wiki that looks like it's done by amateurs.

We don't call those folks amateurs. We lovingly refer to them as wonks.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 10:26 AM)Dawei Wrote: So, I'm thinking there's a problem with the autoset's data recording or with the SD card. (hope it's not the machine)

I suggest putting the SD card in your computer and reformatting it. That may fix the problem.

I had a problem with my ResMed S9 not recording high rate waveforms. I reformatted the SD card using my computer and I think that solved the problem. (Not sure if it was actually necessary, but I also used settings menu in ResScan to Erase All Data on the reformatted and empty card, and then set the S9 machine's settings using ResScan.)

I have learned to be very careful to always turn the S9 machine off, wait at least 10 seconds, and unplug the power cord that goes into the power brick, and wait additional 10 seconds for power brick and machine to run out of power, before I remove the card from the machine. And I put the SD card back in the machine before plugging in power again.

Good luck,
--- Vaughn

Addendum: By "turn the S9 machine off" I mean pushing/holding the power button for 5 seconds, until all power turns off. Then I wait, unplug, wait, and remove SD card.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
humm. I have the ResMed plugged into a power strip and I switch that off and then wait for all the lights to die out on the front panel. Unplugging the power brick from the ResMed would be even quicker. Thanks for the tip!

=^.^=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 02:33 PM)Shastzi Wrote: humm. I have the ResMed plugged into a power strip and I switch that off and then wait for all the lights to die out on the front panel. Unplugging the power brick from the ResMed would be even quicker. Thanks for the tip!

=^.^=

Actually, I like your approach (a power strip) best, because there is no wear & tear on power cord, and there is no possibility of glitching the power while plugging the power cord back into the power brick. Thanks for the tip! Bigwink
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies!
Vaughn, I've tried your ideas of reformatting the SD card via the PC and also via ResScan, but nothing changed in looking at the data from last night. So, that leaves me thinking it's the "flow generator," as they call it. To that end, I'm going to check to see if it's still within the mfgr's 2 year warranty period.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2013, 05:04 PM)Dawei Wrote: I've tried your ideas of reformatting the SD card via the PC and also via ResScan, but nothing changed in looking at the data from last night. So, that leaves me thinking it's the "flow generator," as they call it. To that end, I'm going to check to see if it's still within the mfgr's 2 year warranty period.

Hi Dawei,

If you own the machine and don't need to save the compliance data in the machine, you could try resetting factory defaults to see if that clears up the problem.

I think ResMed's warrantee on the S9 machines is 27 months from date of manufacture, whether or not you are the original purchaser.

However, ResMed does not accept returns directly from consumers. Any DME can obtain an RMA to send the machine in for warrantee service, and ResMed would look at it and either replace the machine or let you know what would be the cost to repair it if the failure is not covered under the warrantee (like water damage).

If our present DME is not willing to get an RMA set up and send the unit in for service, we would need to find any DME who would be willing to do this to win our future business.

Good luck,
--- Vaughn

Post Reply Post Reply
have you tried a new card?
you might want to reboot the machine

unplug the machine, remove SD card and slide lock to locked position
plug the machine, put SD card in machine, machine display message something like "read only card, remove card"
remove card out and slide lock to unlock position and put back in machine
"Reading SD card" message display on screen for a while and disappear

download again and choose discard (not overwrite)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 7 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 89 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 429 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.