Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan info contradicts itself
ResScan info contradicts itself
This is the first time I have seen this. The statistics screen for last night's data shows a 95% Leak listed at 56 (not good). Yet, the detailed graph data shows a maximum leak during the night of no more than 26 or 27. There are simply no traces any higher, and a good portion of the night shows no mask leaks. The AHI was 3.6, which is good for me.
So, I checked SleepyHead's readings to compare and see the statistics summary showing a 95% Leak at 26 as well as the Leak graph showing a max leak of 26 and the graph looking much like ResScan's, which is reassuring. Perhaps ResScan simply had a hiccup?
Any ideas about the discrepancy?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan info contradicts itself
Just checked my detailed data for the previous 5 days. The 95th percentile figure shown in ResScan is consistently lower than that shown in Sleepyhead. Unless I misunderstand what this figure is meant to represent, i.e. leakage is below what’s reported 95% of the time, then, judging by my leak graphs, I am inclined to think that ResScan is accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sporadically get some faulty maximum leak rate readings using ResScan software. Sometimes I will get maximum leak rates of 22.8 to 24.0 when my actual graphs showed show very minimal single digit maximum leaks. It was like the software was defaulting to the Resmed/ResScan maximum intentional leak limit of 24.0. For awhile it was happening quite often, but lately only sporadically. I have my machine plugged into a power strip and I used to switch the power toggle on the power strip off during the day and just turn it on prior to going to sleep. I'm not sure if it was just coincedental or not, but I changed to just leaving the power to the machine on all day and now it happens very rarely.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I often find pretty significant discrepancies between Encore Pro and Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2012, 07:31 AM)Surly Wrote: Just checked my detailed data for the previous 5 days. The 95th percentile figure shown in ResScan is consistently lower than that shown in Sleepyhead. Unless I misunderstand what this figure is meant to represent, i.e. leakage is below what’s reported 95% of the time, then, judging by my leak graphs, I am inclined to think that ResScan is accurate.

Surly, I haven't noticed a consistent difference between data shown by ResScan and Sleepyhead, but I should do a several day comparison as you have done. What I saw is a difference within ResScan between its spelled out summary info and the detailed graph showing Leakage.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2012, 08:19 AM)b360155 Wrote: I sporadically get some faulty maximum leak rate readings using ResScan software. Sometimes I will get maximum leak rates of 22.8 to 24.0 when my actual graphs showed show very minimal single digit maximum leaks. It was like the software was defaulting to the Resmed/ResScan maximum intentional leak limit of 24.0. For awhile it was happening quite often, but lately only sporadically. I have my machine plugged into a power strip and I used to switch the power toggle on the power strip off during the day and just turn it on prior to going to sleep. I'm not sure if it was just coincedental or not, but I changed to just leaving the power to the machine on all day and now it happens very rarely.

Interesting observation that the software might be trying to get back to the 24 max. leak number, at least in the statistics report. Sporadically, you say. Guess I'll have to see if that is true for me too. It seems like a pretty far out possibility that it's related to whether AC is constantly applied or not, but stranger things have occured, haven't they. By the way, I'm trying to make sense of your name--B36. Now, if it was something like B17 or B29, it would be understandableThinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2012, 11:16 AM)zimlich Wrote: I often find pretty significant discrepancies between Encore Pro and Sleepyhead.

Zimlich--So far, I haven't seen any significant differences in the readings of Sleepyhead vs. ResScan, but I'll pay more attention. By the way, please take a look at your Private Messages; I've left one for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2012, 04:27 PM)Dawei Wrote:
(05-23-2012, 08:19 AM)b360155 Wrote: I sporadically get some faulty maximum leak rate readings using ResScan software. Sometimes I will get maximum leak rates of 22.8 to 24.0 when my actual graphs showed show very minimal single digit maximum leaks. It was like the software was defaulting to the Resmed/ResScan maximum intentional leak limit of 24.0. For awhile it was happening quite often, but lately only sporadically. I have my machine plugged into a power strip and I used to switch the power toggle on the power strip off during the day and just turn it on prior to going to sleep. I'm not sure if it was just coincedental or not, but I changed to just leaving the power to the machine on all day and now it happens very rarely.

Interesting observation that the software might be trying to get back to the 24 max. leak number, at least in the statistics report. Sporadically, you say. Guess I'll have to see if that is true for me too. It seems like a pretty far out possibility that it's related to whether AC is constantly applied or not, but stranger things have occured, haven't they. By the way, I'm trying to make sense of your name--B36. Now, if it was something like B17 or B29, it would be understandableThinking-about

Like I said, it could be purely coincidental. I'm not sure the precise date of when I started leaving power to the unit on all day, but I was getting a pretty significant amount of faulty max leak rate readings in the ResScan reports back in the 1st quarter of the year. Since the end of March, it's only happened twice. During this same time period, the Sleepyhead max leak rates were accurate based on what was being depicted in the graphs. As for B36...it's short for B360155! Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like indeed it was purely coincidental. Two days ago, I did turn power back on to my S9 Autoset after replacing the SD card and the next morning I got a max leak rate reading of 22.8 in ResScan when the graphs showed a zero leak evening. Conversely, yesterday I forgot to turn the power back on after replacing the SD card and this morning my max leak rate reading of 2.4 l/min agreed with what was shown in my graphs. So, the AC power theory just got blown out of the water. It just appears to be a software bug that pops up sporadically. Sleepyhead software on the other hand always gets leak rate stats that agree with the graphs and appear to be accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the follow-up report direct from the B36 Muppet Lab!
I had thought that power was a pretty far out connection possibility, but as we know, stranger things have happened.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,652 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,570 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What info about you in on the SD card? Rockandroll 1 424 06-05-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.