Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan install problem
ResScan install problem
I have installed ResScan 5.9 from the downloaded zip file, created a new patient but when I hit “download ResScan tells me there are no devices available even though my SD card reader is installed and recognized you Windows. 

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Malcolm
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan install problem
Check this post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d=99#pid99

Please note the part about not installing any drivers unless you actually have that part of the machine. Smile

Quote:INSTALLATION WARNING:

During the first part of the software installation, it will ask you if you want to install their 3 proprietary drivers. DO NOT CHECK any of the 3 boxes for these drivers, unless you have one of the following three ResMed-brand devices:

1) ResMed S9 USB Adapter (P/C: 36950) or ResMed S8 USB Adapter (P/C: 22203)

2) ResMed's ResScan Data Card Reader (P/C: 22207) or ACR 38U Smart Card Reader

3) ResMed Stellar ventilator machine with direct USB connection

Some users have reported that installing these drivers makes the ResScan program non-functional. If you're not sure what to do, try installing the software without the drivers first to see if the program runs properly without them.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not install any drivers per the above instructions. When I try to load the files from the SD card, the program cannot find the files or the card (?).
I have the card attached to a reader and USB connection. I set up myself as patient or user, but when I click to import the data the program tells me it does not recognize any devices. There does not seem to be a way to browse for the data either.

Thanks for replying to my post - if you have other suggestions, I’m all ears.

Malcolm
Post Reply Post Reply
Does your USB reader show up in explorer with a drive letter?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes - Windows recognizes the card reader and assigns a drive letter.
Post Reply Post Reply
What drive letter?
Is the card formatted for exFAT, FAT, FAT32?

Post Reply Post Reply
The point I'm trying to get at is ResScan may not recognize it as a USB device if the drive letter is typically used for CD drives. Anything below E or if the SD card is not formatted as one of the FAT types, it may think it is a hard drive.

I supposed I should have also verified you are a windows user. If you are using a virtual machine or an emulator, you'll need to make sure that USB device is visible to programs in the VM or emulator and not captured by the host.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 60 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,400 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.